Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    I love how the media is looking for any way to minimize Manning's monumental accomplishments this season.
    Yup, don't they always?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Yup, don't they always?
    Story of his career. I think it's a case of being harder on a guy because the level of his greatness is obvious. Sort of how a conductor may be harder on his/her lead trumpet player than the others.

In hindsight, people will remember him as the greatest.

i recall they needed about 630 yards of total offense to break the record... so a bit short...

I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but we were close to the total offensive yards for a season held by New Orleans in 2011 - Most Yards Gained, Season, 7,474

We had 7317 yards (both pass and run)

close!

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but we were close to the total offensive yards for a season held by New Orleans in 2011 - Most Yards Gained, Season, 7,474

We had 7317 yards (both pass and run)

close!
    Apparently that's not a record they cared to leave Manning in for. He would've gotten it.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Apparently that's not a record they cared to leave Manning in for. He would've gotten it.

Thanks, everyone! ...And I agree, DenverBlood. Leaving Peyton's ankles exposed for 30 more minutes in an already-won ballgame would've been foolish to risk our Super Bowl hopes on. Bummed we didn't get the record, but you're right - that's one of those that you just say "If it happens, it happens."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

It was an easily attainable record, but leaving PM in would have unnecessarily run the score up on the Raiders in their home stadium. Putting Oz and others in during the second half was classy and got some much needed game snaps for backups.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It was an easily attainable record, but leaving PM in would have unnecessarily run the score up on the Raiders in their home stadium. Putting Oz and others in during the second half was classy and got some much needed game snaps for backups.

Definitely agree. With all the talent on this team besides at QB, it would be nice to get Os enough game-confidence to the point where, if the unspeakable were to happen and Peyton did go down, we wouldn't automatically throw in the towel and say we're doomed.

(And I swear, I hope I did not just jinx us!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.