Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I counted around 3 blatant holds that weren't called. Add to that the blatantly missed face mask, and the Tamme catch being ruled incomplete, that's at least 5 calls that went against the Broncos. The hold called on Clark was nothing in comparison to the holds being made by Oakland's offensive line. Jammer's PI was nowhere near as bad as the face mask on Decker, either.

Did Jeremy Mincey play yesterday?

I didn't get to see the game yesterday (where I live they showed the KC/SD game) but I didn't see anything in the stats about him.

He played quite a bit, especially in the second half.

Whenever I focused on him, he allowed the tackle to direct him past the pocket and out of the play.

Ugh - I apologize in advance for getting slightly off topic (turning a thread about holding into a thread about refereeing). However, just saw that the NFL admitted it botched a call on KC's field goal attempt, saying the Chiefs should have been allowed to re-kick.

I'm not saying Succop would have made the second kick, but that's a HUGE play, determining whether Steelers or Chargers make the playoffs. Don't you think referees should have gotten a play that determines the entire season for a team correct? So disappointed in he referees this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SinePari View Post
    Ugh - I apologize in advance for getting slightly off topic (turning a thread about holding into a thread about refereeing). However, just saw that the NFL admitted it botched a call on KC's field goal attempt, saying the Chiefs should have been allowed to re-kick.

I'm not saying Succop would have made the second kick, but that's a HUGE play, determining whether Steelers or Chargers make the playoffs. Don't you think referees should have gotten a play that determines the entire season for a team correct? So disappointed in he referees this year.
    Yup. It is absolutely unacceptable that the officiating could have impacted something as critical as a playoff berth. Not only did they miss the FG play but also called a clear fumble a 1st down for the Chargers.

There has got to be some accountability for this than just "we made a mistake." I don't know what that would be, but this is BS. There have been way too many games this season where the refs determined the outcome of the game. This should not be happening.

focused on him on several plays and was extremely not pleased with his effort. On one play where Pryor was scrambling to his side, Mincey was just standing there and when Pryor blew past him he just turned around and jogged. Absolutely NO effort to get in on the tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    focused on him on several plays and was extremely not pleased with his effort. On one play where Pryor was scrambling to his side, Mincey was just standing there and when Pryor blew past him he just turned around and jogged. Absolutely NO effort to get in on the tackle.
    What was it, he was late or didn't show up to team meetings? He sounded like he has motivation issues, and he was that unmotivated to show up for a critical part of the game, how motivated is he going to be in other aspects of his game.

He played a a lot of snaps and he was pretty solid in run support and even help collapsed the pocket a couple times. He played inside on some pass rushing downs in Wolfe's spot.

Pryor just beat all of our pass rushers with his speed, all of our pass rushers were getting tired by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    He played a a lot of snaps and he was pretty solid in run support and even help collapsed the pocket a couple times. He played inside on some pass rushing downs in Wolfe's spot.

Pryor just beat all of our pass rushers with his speed, all of our pass rushers were getting tired by the end.
    If that is the case, I wouldn't be surprised if the second-stringers on the defensive line in the second half were completely gassed. Seriously, these guys hardly ever play and so all of a sudden they are asked to play an entire half or more.

Quote Originally Posted by THEdraftnik View Post

I'll have to check again, but as I recall, it was midway through the third quarter.

Tamme's [almost-]catch vs. Raiders

Living on the east coast, I had to catch the Week 17 game via online radio broadcast. Apparently Jacob Tamme made an outstanding sideline catch that ended up being ruled incomplete, as he landed partly out of bounds. I still would've liked to have seen it, though. Can anyone steer me to the appropriate video footage? Thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

I don't have the footage, but that was a catch.. IMO
    res ipsa loquitur

Check it out when I'm out of work, should be interesting...