Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 76
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    I dunno, I don't feel like I should have to wear some dumb sig if we beat the chargers if they should happen to win against the Bengals. I liked the idea of a "one and done" type of bet like I put up in the other thread. Where if SD goes one and done, Baph loses the bet. If the Broncos lose their first game, Baph wins the bet. If we both go one and done or if we both win, (as in they win, but then come into Denver and lose) the bets are off.

    I'd feel different if this was a Bengals Board and I was a Bengals fan, betting on the outcome of that one game. But it aint, and I'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post

    Oh, and since you no longer have your stupid sig oath to yourself to hide behind, hows about you sig bet me the Chargers don't go one and done lol
    i don't see anything in there about the broncos going one and done, do you? the odds are already against me that SD beats cinci at home and i don't even think you can argue otherwise.

    so what you are saying is, in order for me to win a sig bet, the chargers must upset both cinci and denver on the road? and all you have to do is take care of business against SD and you are safe? that's a fair bet? LOL

    i understand you don't want to have to wear a chargers sig if you beat us but hey, you challenged me, remember? if you are so confident we will lose then you shouldn't have anything to worry about, right?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Cinci has a tough Defense especially vs the pass...the Chargers will need a big tough game from Mathews. If he gives it to them I can See the Chargers blowing them out with good play calling keeping the defense off balance. If the Chargers have tom throw the ball because they are bad behind or because the just cant run and give up on it that defense for Cinci will feast
    the chargers can and have come from behind this year on the arm of rivers. sure we need Mathews to produce and get nice chunks of yardage for us but we have won games without it against good teams earlier in the year.

    the main thing is we need to score TD's not FG's

    truth is, its gonna be a very tough game for us and we need the entire team to show up, not just Mathews or rivers.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11,340
    Hey, I'll do the bet, but only if I get the sole advantage of making your sig if I win. Where's the personal enjoyment for me otherwise? Same goes for you.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    Hey, I'll do the bet, but only if I get the sole advantage of making your sig if I win. Where's the personal enjoyment for me otherwise? Same goes for you.
    as long as everyone else is in agreement. are the sigs going to be limited to a broncos/charges related sig or all out free for all? i am okay with either way but some of the others don't seem down for that.

    also, if you guys at least reach the SB i wont make you wear the sig anymore if i win, cool?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11,340
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    as long as everyone else is in agreement. are the sigs going to be limited to a broncos/charges related sig or all out free for all? i am okay with either way but some of the others don't seem down for that.

    also, if you guys at least reach the SB i wont make you wear the sig anymore if i win, cool?
    Well dude, I made a bet with you, I didn't know it was on behalf of the entire BCMB lol

    And I would want your sig to be whatever I think up at the time

    As far as the SB thing, I think that's fair. In my mind, if we don't even make it to the SB this year, it's a failure anyway.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    Well dude, I made a bet with you, I didn't know it was on behalf of the entire BCMB lol

    And I would want your sig to be whatever I think up at the time

    As far as the SB thing, I think that's fair. In my mind, if we don't even make it to the SB this year, it's a failure anyway.
    i was just trying to get other people involved if they wanted to. i seriously don't care, i am down to do it your way, actually i prefer it.

    maybe i can do a text sig bet with the other people like EM suggested so i can do two separate bets.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Louisville, Ky.
    Posts
    10,152
    Hi. Remember me?

    You're crazy. The Chargers are not going to walk into Cincinnati and punch us in the mouth. Explain to me exactly what I have to be worried about, because I just don't see it.

    Do you remember what happened the last time we played? Your defense was decent at home, but your offense didn't play a snap inside our 30 yard line. What, exactly, do you think has changed since then? I don't see you suddenly waltzing into the Jungle, where the Bengals are undefeated at home — one of only three teams to accomplish that feat this season, by the way — and taking our lunch money. Sorry, not happening.

    The Bengals are beating teams at home by an average of 17 points, and they're scoring an average of 34 per game at home. The Chargers don't stand a chance.

    In conclusion, if the Bengals win, I'd like to have some input into what goes into your sig. And if I lose, I will promise to stick around and make at least 10 posts in Smack after the game wearing the one you choose for me.

    Last edited by WhoDeyBengals; 01-01-2014 at 10:10 PM.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
    Hi. Remember me?

    You're crazy. The Chargers are not going to walk into Cincinnati and punch us in the mouth. Explain to me exactly what I have to be worried about, specifically, because I just don't see it.

    Do you remember what happened the last time we played? Your defense was decent at home, but your offense didn't play a snap inside our 30 yard line. What, exactly, do you think has changed since then? I don't see you suddenly waltzing into the Jungle, where the Bengals are undefeated at home — one of only three teams to accomplish that feat this season, by the way — and taking our lunch money. Sorry, not happening.

    The Bengals are beating teams at home by an average of 17 points, and they're scoring an average of 34 per game at home. The Chargers don't stand a chance.

    In conclusion, if the Bengals win, I'd like to have some input into what goes into your sig. And if I lose, I will promise to stick around and make at least 10 posts in Smack after the game wearing the one you choose for me.

    the broncos were once undefeated and looked unstoppable at home, until the chargers came to town that is. if you beat us, it will be a close game within one score.

    you may not see us going into your house and beating you, but you are going to see soon enough. what you have to worry about is a team that plays up and down to it's competition, a team that is better against playoff caliber teams than losing teams.

    a team with a superior QB that is best in the league in time of possession, third down efficiency, and completion percentage.

    a team that is just as hot as the Bengals and looking to even the score. your team is so scared they are searching for bulletin board material to get their players hyped up because they know they are in for an ass kicking.

    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/...s-locker-room/

    oh noesssss, one of their players said "who dey" WE MUST GET REVENGE!!!!

    your team is scared and they have every right to be.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,885
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    the chargers can and have come from behind this year on the arm of rivers. sure we need Mathews to produce and get nice chunks of yardage for us but we have won games without it against good teams earlier in the year.

    the main thing is we need to score TD's not FG's

    truth is, its gonna be a very tough game for us and we need the entire team to show up, not just Mathews or rivers.
    It has nothing to do with Rivers and every thing to do with the Bengals pass rush and cover ability..they are really really tough against the pass even if your balanced..if you get one dimensional l it better be towards the run or its going to be a loss and Rivers will look really bad doing it.


    23 for 37 252 1 td and 1 pick and those are the stats he threw up at home when they went the wrong way and tried to pass vs them
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It has nothing to do with Rivers and every thing to do with the Bengals pass rush and cover ability..they are really really tough against the pass even if your balanced..if you get one dimensional l it better be towards the run or its going to be a loss and Rivers will look really bad doing it.


    23 for 37 252 1 td and 1 pick and those are the stats he threw up at home when they went the wrong way and tried to pass vs them
    you didn't watch the game, did you?

    they still only got to rivers twice? their defense played well but it wasn't the main issue, mistakes were. the problem was we couldn't stop their rushing attack as well as key mistakes like gates fumbling it away in the RZ, gates not holding onto another pass and letting it get ripped out at the cinci 25, allen fumbling deep in our territory.

    that was far from our best performance, in fact it was one of the worst performances we had all year. if we play our game relatively mistake free we can beta cinci and that's whats going to happen.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Louisville, Ky.
    Posts
    10,152
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    the broncos were once undefeated and looked unstoppable at home, until the chargers came to town that is. if you beat us, it will be a close game within one score.
    The Bengals and Broncos are built completely differently, and a win over one doesn't indicate that a win over the other is likely. The Bengals beat you with defense, the AFC's best defense and the best defense in the AFC side of the bracket by a country mile. You played a nice game against Denver, don't get me wrong.

    you may not see us going into your house and beating you, but you are going to see soon enough. what you have to worry about is a team that plays up and down to it's competition, a team that is better against playoff caliber teams than losing teams.
    We're 4-0 against playoff teams. If you want to talk about a team that plays better against playoff caliber teams, it's us. Your defense isn't good enough to stop us, and your offense isn't good enough to overcome our defense. It's elementary. The Bengals are better than the Chargers in every possible way but one...

    a team with a superior QB that is best in the league in time of possession, third down efficiency, and completion percentage.
    There it is. Yes, Rivers is statistically better than Dalton, not to mention a much more experienced pro. Dalton's making the mistakes that young quarterbacks make, but I don't think that it's anything that he won't overcome eventually. But that's the only edge you've got in this game. It's just not enough.

    a team that is just as hot as the Bengals and looking to even the score.
    That's funny. Watching the refs bungle the game into your laps was hilarious last week, by the way. I'm sure glad it happened though, because the taste of Steelers fans' tears is decadently delicious.

    your team is so scared they are searching for bulletin board material to get their players hyped up because they know they are in for an ass kicking.

    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/...s-locker-room/

    oh noesssss, one of their players said "who dey" WE MUST GET REVENGE!!!!
    We don't need bulletin board material, but every little bit helps, I guess. What are you guys using for bulletin board material? Oh yeah, we already gave that to you back in December when we beat your heads in in your house.

    your team is scared and they have every right to be.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
    The Bengals and Broncos are built completely differently, and a win over one doesn't indicate that a win over the other is likely. The Bengals beat you with defense, the AFC's best defense and the best defense in the AFC side of the bracket by a country mile. You played a nice game against Denver, don't get me wrong.
    you played well on defense but lets be honest here, we made a lot of key mistakes that we don't normally make in that game.

    we also couldn't stop your rushing attack, something that i don't think we will see this time around, at least not as bad.

    my point about Denver was only that we play well against good teams on the road and Denver looked unbeatable at home as well. beating you guys on the road will be just another tough win against yet another playoff team on the road.


    We're 4-0 against playoff teams. If you want to talk about a team that plays better against playoff caliber teams, it's us. Your defense isn't good enough to stop us, and your offense isn't good enough to overcome our defense. It's elementary. The Bengals are better than the Chargers in every possible way but one...
    what are you talking about? our running game is better than yours too. especially right now, our running game is on fire.

    yes you have a better defense, no arguments here. but if your defense can't get us to turn the ball over 3 or 4 times like you did last time, it's not gonna be another close win for you, it's gonna be a loss.


    There it is. Yes, Rivers is statistically better than Dalton, not to mention a much more experienced pro. Dalton's making the mistakes that young quarterbacks make, but I don't think that it's anything that he won't overcome eventually. But that's the only edge you've got in this game. It's just not enough.
    i don't think you have an edge in the passing or running game other than a stud WR. we have a better QB, better TE's, and a better running game IMO. we also have danny woodhead who is also a weapon in he passing game.

    not to mention we have a good young rookie receiver that has made a lot of plays for us.

    defense is where you are better, you are clearly a more well rounded team than us but we have beat a lot of teams that are more well rounded and talented than us, this will be be nothing new.


    That's funny. Watching the refs bungle the game into your laps was hilarious last week, by the way. I'm sure glad it happened though, because the taste of Steelers fans' tears is decadently delicious.
    ikr...its nice being the ones getting all the breaks for a change, its a good omen, the football godz favor us indeed.


    We don't need bulletin board material, but every little bit helps, I guess. What are you guys using for bulletin board material? Oh yeah, we already gave that to you back in December when we beat your heads in in your house.
    you clearly do need it if your coach is reaching for BB material like that lol

    but you are right, we don't need it due to that loss. good thing that loss is gonna be awfully meaningless when you are sent home next Sunday, huh?


    hope you have Jennifer Lawrence on speed dial, you are gonna need some good lovin after that tough loss on Sunday.
    Last edited by baphamet; 01-03-2014 at 06:30 PM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    19,403
    I'm not taking that bet because it's a veteran like Rivers against a young QB that has zero TDs and 4 INT in the playoffs. I think the Bengals are the more talented team, but sooner or later Dalton will have to make some plays to keep his team alive. Mike McCoy's conservative ways may help the Chargers this time. Play it safe and wait for Dalton to make his mistakes.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I'm not taking that bet because it's a veteran like Rivers against a young QB that has zero TDs and 4 INT in the playoffs. I think the Bengals are the more talented team, but sooner or later Dalton will have to make some plays to keep his team alive. Mike McCoy's conservative ways may help the Chargers this time. Play it safe and wait for Dalton to make his mistakes.
    another thing to consider is they are 0-4 in playoff games under marvin lewis and the pressure is squarley upon them to win this game.

    i do like our chances in this one

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    so whats the deal? the game is tomorrow and nobody seems to be sure what they want to do, i am down for whatever.

    i will be back tomorrow before the game starts so if you want to do the sig bet or just a text in your sig bet like EM suggested, let me know.

    kish i am assuming me and you are on for sure, right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •