Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    I wouldn't take free tickets to a football game if it was that cold, I don't care how big the game is. Honestly, to stand outside in that cold of weather...not worth it when you can be cozy inside.
    We may not, but it was pretty cold last year in Denver for that Ravens game & the place looked packed to me.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    We may not, but it was pretty cold last year in Denver for that Ravens game & the place looked packed to me.
    15 degrees I could do. -15 or colder, with big winds? I'd be so bundled up I wouldn't even be able to see the game
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    15 degrees I could do. -15 or colder, with big winds? I'd be so bundled up I wouldn't even be able to see the game
    I know what you mean. I worked 13 years in construction and have been out in weather like that before and was just fine, but then I was able to move around to keep warm. At Lambeau, you're going to have your butt frozen to an aluminum bench for 3 1/2 hours, and without a hot seat or stadium cushion per the new NFL rules.

No thank you

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Oh I agree with both of you, I would much rather be watching the big screen with the heat on. But they will fill these stadiums up, maybe not as fast as the NFL would have liked but they will sell them out.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    No one can afford over priced tickets
    How does that explain us being able to sell-out in minutes?

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Perhaps green bays fan base isnt as great as some say it is

Or smarter than people might think they are

I honestly think the diehards are coming to the realization that -40+ wind chills are not a good time!

According to ESPN Stats and Info, this will be at the very least, the third coldest game of all time and the coldest in almost 35 years
    Administrator

The Colts game is sold out.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...y-packers-wait

And then the Mad Tweeter took to Twitter lol.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Being reported that the Packers have sold the remaining tickets to avoid a blackout. Certainly braver souls than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    A lot of the problems come from the Packers post season ticket buying policy for season ticket holders. When they were first contacted about tickets, they would have been required to buy tickets for 3 playoff games at around $500 a game, and if the team didn't make the playoffs, they wouldn't get their money back. Instead that money would have gone as a credit towards next seasons tickets. This combined with the Aaron Rodgers injury, the team looking dead in the water, and it being in the middle of the holiday season, I can see how they would have issues selling tickets.

From what I understand is that during the regular season, they can sell tickets if they want at drastically discount prices. (.25 on the dollar).
    In the playoffs, the NFL has not allowed them to sell them for cheaper.

The ticket price is too high for the average Joe.

Think about it. Now days, if you want to go to a game for two people, once you consider tickets/parking/food it will cost you about 500 bucks! Not everyone can do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    Being reported that the Packers have sold the remaining tickets to avoid a blackout. Certainly braver souls than I am.
    That just leaves the Bengals game. I read a rumor they had like 3,500 left to get rid of. I also read Chad Johnson may buy them.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    From what I understand is that during the regular season, they can sell tickets if they want at drastically discount prices. (.25 on the dollar).
    In the playoffs, the NFL has not allowed them to sell them for cheaper.

The ticket price is too high for the average Joe.

Think about it. Now days, if you want to go to a game for two people, once you consider tickets/parking/food it will cost you about 500 bucks! Not everyone can do that!
    I agree that is very expensive I think id rather stay home and drink a case of beer for the price they have for one (sarcasm) I get the best view too

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    That just leaves the Bengals game. I read a rumor they had like 3,500 left to get rid of. I also read Chad Johnson may buy them.
    Zero chance of that actually happening. Chad's funny, but he's not rich anymore and it'd be stupid for him to actually do it. We did get an extension, though, so I think the game will sell out. An extension's usually a good sign. I guess we'll know in a few hours.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Its very poor if teams don't sell out playoff games. We can talk about the price but how come every other team but 1 or 2 will still sell out.

Nothing will be blacked out. What always happens is some local business buys the remaining tixs... making the blackout threat a bit pointless