Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Brady vs Manning debate...

seems to be a constant topic... i've been a Peyton fan forever...the best QB in history, stats at the end of their careers, will say Manning. "yeah but" guys will say its all on the QB and look at rings... Brady...(i might say, Trent Dilfer has a ring and Dan Marino, Warren Moon do not)... its a team game, so coaching, talent, defenses, special teams, offense game plans, etc... sometimes get ignored... but Belichek is a legend in the coaching ranks for a reason... my personal view is all things being equal for both QBs, if there were 10 games, I think Peyton is the better QB overall... if I had a 1 or 2 games to play I'd take Brady... just being honest... he just seems to have a confidence in the clutch that his team follows... more than any QB I've seen in history.. no disrespect to all of Peytons comeback wins, but if there is a minute left and you gotta go 80 yards, I would bet on Brady over Peyton most times all things being equal... there is just an intangible with Bradys confidence and his leadership and it shows... physically, Brady has a gun for an arm, Peyton is more accurate most of the time... watch Brady, when the games on the line, he throws 20 yard passes and thats ultimate confidence... Peyton will set you up with a lot of short passes... Brady has always had a better O line... no one is within 5 yards of him and he has 5 seconds a lot of pass plays... Peyton doesn't get sacked much because he releases the ball quicker... 2.5 sec per pass on stats... best in league... but when he does have constant pressure, Brady's decision making is better... a lot less ints and mistakes... one thing about the Pats and Peytons teams... the Pats/Belichek have always looked at their weaknesses and addressed them first... such as releasing Welker, etc... and drafting D guys to bolster their biggest weakness... Brady/Manning can make average guys look great...Peytons teams seem to cater to the offense more... our D last year/Ravens showed glaring weaknesses in several areas and our biggest signing was Welker... Wes is great, but the pressure on Peyton is always higher than Brady... if the Pats score 27 and lose, Belichek will say our D wasn't good enuf.... if we score 27 and lose, its Peytons fault... just saying part of the who is better debate has to do with the organization... (btw, the Colts got their QB and did not go crazy on the O line or weapons, they upgraded their D and it is probably better than most Ds that Peyton had in Indy...Luck can put up 27 and win) If Peyton does not put up 35-38, season average, he is sub par a playoff choker, etc... just a lot more pressure... and that has to affect anyones play... we will see if he is up to the challenge because I think he has something to prove and this playoff season is a defining moment in his career.. hope he comes through... hope the team comes thru...

If Peyton finishes his career with one less superbowl than Brady then it will quiet all the doubters of Peyton and he will rightfully be the GOAT.

If we're going rings, Bradshaw should be top 2-3 then....

Right?

This is always going to be a never ending debate. Both QB's are great & that's that. I would personally take Elway over every QB anytime but how can I logically not look at Joe Montana's career & not call him the greatest. This argument of Brady vs Manning or who is the GOAT will continue on when we are all gone. It's a good debate.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Wall...of...text...Can...not...read...

Defense wins championships

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    If we're going rings, Bradshaw should be top 2-3 then....

Right?
    Sure. He called his own plays.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Sure. He called his own plays.
    I was actually kidding lol but i find it funny Brady fans bring up rings to prop up Brady yet Bradshaw is never mentioned and he has 4.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I was actually kidding lol but i find it funny Brady fans bring up rings to prop up Brady yet Bradshaw is never mentioned and he has 4.
    Joe Montana also has four, but he played in a very controlled offense where he executed plays called by the coaches who started from a carefully prepared script.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Eh rings are rings, 3rd string QBs get a ring too does that make them better than QB's who don't have one? Regardless of rings, I think Brady is the more skilled QB.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Peyton is certainly the most electrifying QBs if all time. Brady is great and consistent, but Manning does it like no other; super fun to watch.

If the Broncos win the SB, he will be the only QB in history to win a ring with two different teams. Pretty strong argument there.

Not sure Brady would be as successful in another system/team like Manning has been able to do. Call it what you will, but I will never let the cheating scandal go either. Who DESTROYS evidence?

Manning always made most of his O-Lines look better than what they truly were. Manning made his receivers. Austin Collie (for chrissakes) was a key cog in the Colts wheel the year he suffered all of the concussions.

Brady threw the ball as far as he could to Randy Moss.

Brady had the benefit of AV. Won two SBowls for the Pats. Vanderjerk lost at least two playoff games for the Colts (at Miami, home to Pitt).

Manning had JIM CALDWELL.

Enough said, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Peyton is certainly the most electrifying QBs if all time. Brady is great and consistent, but Manning does it like no other; super fun to watch.

If the Broncos win the SB, he will be the only QB in history to win a ring with two different teams. Pretty strong argument there.
    I told Santa that's all I want for Christmas.

I judge by this.
    Postseason = Brady
    Regular Season = Manning.

Who is greater at this moment? Brady by small margin due to being munch better playoff performer and winner. Brady resume looks slightly better to me. But if Manning wins SB this year I'll give him the nod over Brady all-time, he wins two more and Manning is the GOAT.
    Last edited by Chillez; 01-01-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    I judge by this.
    Postseason = Brady
    Regular Season = Manning.

Who is greater at this moment? Brady by small margin due to being munch better playoff performer and winner. Brady resume looks slightly better to me. But if Manning wins SB this year I'll give him the nod over Brady all-time, he wins two more and Manning is the GOAT.
    Makes sense to me. Performance in playoffs does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
    Makes sense to me. Performance in playoffs does matter.
    I've always judged more heavily on postseason success more than regular reason. But that's just me....

Both are best QB's of their generation and are top 5 all-time. It's been pleasure watching both their whole careers.