Page 44 of 116 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast
    I am sick of all of the prognostication!

I just want this game to happen and get on with it.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    Tom Brady has said in 2 interviews they are the under dog and they are embracing that thought and are going to try to prove everyone wrong. I know Vegas has us listed as favorites, but we lost to NE this year and were out played in the second half. Also, every pundit in the country is embracing the Pat's to beat us because Brady is superior over Manning in head to head, plus BB is the better coach and makes adjustments. I don't like BB but he does adjust. Many also say their big guy will "Run over the broncos in Denver." So it doesn't sound like they are the under dogs-sounds like we are.
    We're the number 1 seed

New England is the number 2 seed

I believe whoever has this game at home would be the Favorite ... if in NE the Patsies would be the fav's

I think The Broncos should be the favorites at home- and I do sincerely think the Broncos will win it.

Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Do the pundits know that Denver rushed for 133 yards against a Chargers defense that has been stopping the run much better than New England?

Since when has Denver not been able to run the ball? A 1,000 yard rusher and another 500 yard rusher who didn't really start playing until halfway through the season, but we can't run?

Quote Originally Posted by WillTopper View Post
    I am watching the pundits and they are saying how great NE ruin game is going to kill us .... especially since Denver can not run the ball. ..............Saying NE will win because we can not adjust and play smash mouth FB.

I am just amazed at this because we rushed for 284 yards against them in week 12. 284 yards is sorta , kinda a LOT of yards. The actually just said Manning will not adjust the game away from his passing game and we will lose because of that.

Total lack of respect and ignoring the FACTS of our team.

We can and WILL run the ball down their throats. And we WILL stop their run.
    Exactly! The best part is we ended the season with the number #7 rush defense! We crushed 4 of the top ten rushers including #1 McCoy and #3 Charles. We only gave up one 100yrd game and that was the week 15 loss to SD. I don't know where they get their info that we will have issues stopping the run? If the want to talk about JDR's inability to make adjustments in the secondary, then I'm okay with that. But If JDR coaches one defensive aspect very well, it's stopping the run.

Secondly even with all their back healthy, they were middle of the road just like us. I believe they were 14 and we were 17 rushing offensively. These sports anal-ist are just fishing and trying to hype an over matched Patsie team. We fell victim to them because we took our foot off their throat and it cost us (along with more inability to make adjustments in the secondary after DRC went down). This game actually has more potential for a blowout win for us than the SD game. The only issue that could de-rail out trophy is turnovers. We play mistake free ball, this game is a tune-up for those two team in the NFC with REAL DEFENSES and REAL RUSHING ATTACKS.

Halftime Strategy Will Be Critical

I don't have to remind folks about our 2nd half collapse against The Pats. But it's done, and if anything, we can learn from it. Sometimes the regular season is like practice for the playoffs.

But it goes further than that game, The Pats have been a strong 2nd half team all season. And like them or not, Belichick and Brady will often find a way to win. Then again, a number of their first halves have been on the poor side, and in my books, they can not afford to come up short on Sunday, because we will not be in the mood to let them back in the game.

For the most part, we have been a strong 2nd half team as well. So there's no reason to panic, even if NE steps it up in the last 30 minutes. BUT Fox and company have to inspire and instruct the guys to keep the pedal down for a good chunk of the 2nd half. Sure, run down the clock if we have a nice lead, but don't give The Pats an inch......for the whole game! Play each quarter like you want to win it. And unless we are well ahead and the time is all but done, stay clear of any "prevent" baloney. If you give players like Peyton or Brady the room to move, they will not only move it, but they will do it so fast that the you'd swear the clock was frozen!

I am confident that our leaders know this, and I am looking forward to an "assertive" (and in some ways aggressive) game plan. It will be balanced for sure, especially if the run game can be duplicated from our last meeting. But it will definitely be score driven.

Again, lets win each quarter, three out of four worst case scenario. And lets keep attacking them, on O and D, until that clock runs dry......with us on top!

Honestly if we don't sustain any more injuries during the game that then thrusts guys who arent ready (Jammer) into duty I think we will be just fine.

There's no way the offense is going to let up off the gas in this game and that Pats D can be scored on!

Adjustments throughout the game will be key.

This is pointless no one cares what happened in the past. If last week someone told me NE would score 43 pts and Brady threw zero TDs I would laugh and call them crazy. So we can go back 100 years and see that when Brady throws zero TDs NE's record in January is 0-10...or some other meaningless stat. The cool thing about Sports is that stuff happens when you least expect it.

We have to win the coin flip so we can defer and get the ball first in the second half. We always seem to do better when we start the second half with the ball.
    Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4koi View Post
    We have to win the coin flip so we can defer and get the ball first in the second half. We always seem to do better when we start the second half with the ball.
    I agree. Belichick is of the same mindset. Who's our coin flip expert?????

I think the best RB of the game is going to be Montee ...................with some ridiculous YPC average of 8 or more .
    He and Moreno will have very close total yards but Montee is gonna bust several huge runs often. make that HUGE RUNS. Just a swag ... I see Montee with 13
    rushes 145 yards.

Belichick in my opinion is the greatest football mind of all time. Regardless of what "scandals" the Patriots organization has been caught with. Man still knows how to coach a championship football team.

We are going to have to collapse the pocket around Tom and stuff Leblount.. We absolutely have to. Because if we don't. Theres an 80% chance Belichick will have found a way to collapse our pocket, and completely wreck Knowshon and Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I agree. Belichick is of the same mindset. Who's our coin flip expert?????
    Actually an interesting question. As we are the home team, we have to hope whoever calls it for the patsies calls it OUR way.
    Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!!

Brady didn't practice today due to an illness: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...riots-practice

Just a big smokescreen? Or nothing really worth mentioning?
    "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
    Let's not forget that Denver had 6 drops last Sunday, which is an abnormally large amount for the Broncos. With 35 drops on the season, Denver usually averages roughly two drops a game.

After last game's close call, I think the players will be even more focused on not letting these errors occur again. Eric Decker usually follows up a poor performance with a strong one.
    I think the other 29 dropped passes were all in the Patriots game. I think they had more dropped balls in the Patriots game than they did in the SD game. I think the only one catching the ball with any consistency was Tamme.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller