Page 62 of 116 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaberox View Post
    Did you just call Sealver Siliga a monster? Huh I dont remember a player that even remotely resembled a monster when he was here. If its the same player that we cut not too long ago I feel pretty good about Moreno and Ball gashing the middle again.

If BB gives us a 6 man box again we will control the game and kill with playaction. Only reason the ground game went for not last time was the turnovers.
    Belichick has been known for getting the most out of players that were mediocre with other teams. Siliga has played well but Hightower has improved and Jamie Collins has emerged as a terrific player. Our run defense as a whole has been better since week 12. Denver will get their yards on the ground because our game plan will be focused on stopping the pass, but you will not put up 200+.

Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    I can see you thinking the Pats might win, but you call yourself a Broncos fan and predict a "Blowout" win for the Patriots?

Disgusting. I am guessing you are a Pats fan in disguise.
    Trust me, I am not, I just would rather be happily surprised then sadly disappointed. Look at what happened in back-to-back years against the Colts. I was hoping that getting Bailey before the second time around would have helped but nope.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    We didn't get blown out in Foxborough this season against Belicheat, and the game could have been won or at least tied but for a bizarre, flukish play on ST. Realistically, on any given Sunday anything can happen, including more mistakes and flukes and a game can go either way, so if you are a fan you have to believe in your own team's chances too! And they are pretty damn good for the Broncos, especially with the potent offense we have!
    What happened in Foxboro was straight out of the "Twighlight Zone", it was such an unique situation that it really has no bearing on this week IMO. The Broncos have a good chance at winning, but it will definitely require everyone playing 100% to their potential, and just unfortunately we have seen players on this team have sub-par games and the Patriots are the type of team to make hay of those weaknesses.

Hoping to Avoid a Repeat of 2005 AFCCG (CB/Harris related)

The 2005 AFC Championship. We were going up against Pittsburgh. We were the favorite. Everyone around here was cheerful and confident that we would beat the Steelers.

And then (of course among other issues), our CB2, Domonique Foxworth got gashed, repeatedly. We couldn't stop them on 3rd down at all, and it was often Roethlisberger picking on Foxworth and converting on critical 3rd downs.

With Harris going down, this nightmare scenario reared it's ugly head from the depths of my memory. Lets hope we don't repeat this awful defensive performance from 2005, one game from the big dance

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    In that first meeting:

Gregory was inactive
    Dennard coming off minor knee surgery didn't make it
    Talib was fighting a hip injury

The secondary this time is fully healthy. JT is good but he isn't worth 100 to 150 yards of difference in your offense.
    You do realize that whatever happened last game, good or bad, is almost definitely NOT going to be repeated right?

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    If the game was in NE, sure it could.

But, at Denver, and NE on the road where every game except the one in Bal has been 1 possession.

And even that game was fairly close until the end.

The largest we've lost in any game with PM is 10 points, on the road.

At home, we've lost by 7, 7, and 3 in home losses.

A blowout imo is 20+, and i'd be surprised if NE did that.

I would figure it's a close game either way.
    Good points, I definitely believe in Manning to be able to keep the game close if possible. Having him behind center makes it so much easier to believe in the team than with Tebow. With Tebow, I just knew we were going to get spanked in NE.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    These and penalties at critical junctures which can have the same effect. I just pray to God that the officiating is accurate and fair this time.
    As long as Irving isn't on the Punt Special Teams!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii007 View Post
    What happened in Foxboro was straight out of the "Twighlight Zone", it was such an unique situation that it really has no bearing on this week IMO. The Broncos have a good chance at winning, but it will definitely require everyone playing 100% to their potential, and just unfortunately we have seen players on this team have sub-par games and the Patriots are the type of team to make hay of those weaknesses.
    But the Patriots don't have to play at 100% to win, only us, as if NE is some irrepressible force we can scarcely stop!? Every player has "subpar games" sometimes, even Patsies; their team is not 18-0, ya know! We are also a dangerous team that can exploit weaknesses and mistakes.

John Fox

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we didn't have our head coach when we let the Patriots comeback in Nov. Credit to JDR, he did a great job as interim head coach. It's gotta make a difference being the DC and head coach at the same time. We are as healthy as can be at this point. Hopefully we can make any necessary adjustments in all phases. I hate to admit it but u know the Pansy's will. GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!

Fox was not there.

DRC went down in the 2nd quarter (and Brady threw for over 200 yards after that).

Gronkowski was playing.

Julius Thomas was not playing.

Aside from the weird weather forcing a million turnovers from both teams, those 4 things were the biggest factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Fox was not there.

DRC went down in the 2nd quarter (and Brady threw for over 200 yards after that).

Gronkowski was playing.

Aside from the weird weather forcing a million turnovers from both teams, those 4 things were the biggest factors.
    Yeah, that was a totally weird game.

Fox was not there.

Gronkowski was playing.

And the game was on the road.

Denver fans are interesting. They seem to think every opponent is always playing 100% perfect football. I remember all the talk at the start of the post-season about who we "didn't want to play." As if everyone was hoping the Super Bowl would just fall into the Broncos proverbial lap.

Despite everything that happened, I never once felt like the Patriots were the better team (contrary to the way 99% of the Broncos fans on these boards seem to think).

Despite everything that happened, I never once felt like the Patriots were the better team (contrary to the way 99% of the Broncos fans on these boards seem to think).
    I agree. But this board is filled with chicken little fans. Should be obvious by the sheer number claiming to be afraid of the Chargers lol