Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Webster, Jammer, Carter debate

Some intersting stats on the year to date performance, strenghts and weaknesses of each. Unfortunately, it sounds like JDR is going to have to pick the lesser of three evils on CB.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1...mmer-or-carter

If anyone has additional stats/analysis of these three, please post here.

If its just coverng I take Carter over both Jammer and Webster, if it bum and run well ... let flip a coin between Jammer and Webster either way we are screw.

TOny carter is my choice. He has experience. And Patriots WRs are not big. So Carter matches up ok. My only worry is Carter's propensity to give long PI calls.

I'm not playing Jammer after that performance.

Tony Carter has struggled with big receivers in the past, but the Pats receivers aren't big. There could be some rust but I think he has the best chance to cover well.

If not go Webster but I worry about his injury and lack of ball skills at this point.

Id go with Webster. Let him push these wrs around a little bit, plus we will need his ability to play run support.

I'd go DRC/Champ on the outside with Webster or TC in nickel.

Carter would be my choice. I actually think the guy has skills and shouldn't have been pulled when he was. In fact, I think that one of things hurting our defense is a lack of consistency and leadership. Some of this came from injuries, but some of it I put on the coaches too. Work the kinks out instead of pulling somebody every time we have a game under par.

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

Carter for sure. The guy was great for us last year and early on this year. He had 7 pass breakups before being be cached after the Dallas game.

Yeah he got abused in that game, but so did the entire defense.

Last year he was allowing a league low completion % for a while and finished in the top 10 in that stat.

Sure he's not the biggest CB, but the Pats WRs are all small. He matches up very well.

Champ, DRC and Carter would be just fine. With a little Webster too, if necessary.

When we got beat against the pats our top 3 CBs were Harris, Jammer, and Webster. Had DRC for a half, but without him Brady lit us up.

So we're essentially trading Harris for DRC and Champ. That's more than good enough to beat the Pats.

If Carter is in the game, New England is going to run right at him. He won't be able to tackle Blount or Ridley and Brady has shown in the past that he will run on our nickle sets

Webster and Carter need to be getting a lot of drill work this week. "Turn and LOOK, turn and LOOK." Why it hasn't been every week for the last 4 months I'll never know.

I'll lean with Webster given that he has more recent experience and might be hungry from inside the dog house. I say put him on outside on Thompkins or Dobson or whoever isn't Edleman/Amendola. It'll be crap covering crap (I'm being a little harsh), so...a wash. Champ should take Amendola, who hasn't yet been outstanding. Making sure to tackle the glass man extra hard if he ever catches one.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    If Carter is in the game, New England is going to run right at him. He won't be able to tackle Blount or Ridley and Brady has shown in the past that he will run on our nickle sets
    Agreed could you imagine a 225lb or 250lb rb running at 185lb carter, they pats would block everyone except carter and take that everytime

I still say we go with carter first because Webster has a broken thumb

Carter and DRC on the outside and Champ at the slot.

Just don't see how JDR can ha have it any other way. Webster is not ready this year, and Jammer just cannot be out there..

Based on last year and from what I have seen from Jammer and Webster this year I'll take Tony Carter all day everyday over those 2

I honestly believe they will play DRC/Champ in the base package and when New England goes to their nickel package, Champ will slide in and Webster will be outside. The Problem with Carter is the guy can't tackle his shadow. Jammer is a decent corner but isn't a great tackler. If Webster can take the doghouse treatment and turn it around like so many others have on this team, he will be great.