Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    It's tough to confuse Brady, but I'd be in favor of having Webster in the slot strictly to rough up the slot WR and throw off his timing. Ultimately, bump and run is the best coverage to throw at him and send pressure, but with Harris out, I don't think we have the personnel to go man to man.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
    I'm not playing Jammer after that performance.

Tony Carter has struggled with big receivers in the past, but the Pats receivers aren't big. There could be some rust but I think he has the best chance to cover well.

If not go Webster but I worry about his injury and lack of ball skills at this point.
    Has Tony Carter been placed on smaller receivers this year and been successful?

I ask because all of the comments here are based on Carter's struggles with the larger receivers and TE's. I recall earlier games in the year where he did struggle in those scenarios but honestly cannot recall how he did vs smaller guys.

I think That Jammer has had increasingly better performances as the year has gone on with the exception of the last game. Putting additional weight on a players latest performance is wise but to completely judge a player based on his last performance- IMO would be a mistake.

Webster is bigger and fast which is a great combination but with his injury I am not 100% certain he can make all of the plays he may need to vs. Brady.

Here are my findings from those stats given. I've ranked each player from best to worst in each category.:

Reception percentage: Carter (56.25), Webster (59.32), Jammer (61.54)
    Yards per target: Webster (8.51), Jammer (9.58), Carter (9.88)
    Yards per reception: Webster (14.34), Jammer (15.56), Carter (17.56)
    TD per target: Webster (5.08%), Carter (6.25%), Jammer (15.38%)
    TD per reception: Webster (8.57%), Carter (11.11%), Jammer (25.00%)
    INT per target: Carter (3.13%), Webster (1.69%), Jammer (0.00%)
    PD per target: Jammer (11.54%), Webster (10.17%), Carter (9.38%)

Not only does Webster have the most snaps this year, but his numbers are the best, and he is not the worst in any of those categories. To me, TD% and Yards per Target are very telling, both of which favor Webster. Judging from these numbers, I would hope the pecking order is Webster, then Carter, then Jammer.

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    It's tough to confuse Brady, but I'd be in favor of having Webster in the slot strictly to rough up the slot WR and throw off his timing. Ultimately, bump and run is the best coverage to throw at him and send pressure, but with Harris out, I don't think we have the personnel to go man to man.
    Absolutely, they have to hit the line. None of this week press that gives them a free pass on their routes. Webster's size clearly is favorable for this. Either way, Webster or Carter must step up their game and ask questions all week long of the other more experienced CBs about how to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post
    If its just coverng I take Carter over both Jammer and Webster, if it bum and run well ... let flip a coin between Jammer and Webster either way we are screw.
    You got my Vote!

Carter wasn't a bad cover man last year. That being said Jammer got beaten by a pretty good receiver on a team that knows him pretty well. His play has clearly declined but I won't let his last performance complete define him, he has been average this year so far. In addition he brings tons of experience against Brady and has a lot of experience in big play situations. Not an ideal situation but I'd pick Jammer.

Webster is hard for me to pick because of his extremely inconsistent play, lack of experience, and the club on his hand.
    2011-2012 Adopted Broncos: Orlando Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    Here are my findings from those stats given. I've ranked each player from best to worst in each category.:

Reception percentage: Carter (56.25), Webster (59.32), Jammer (61.54)
    Yards per target: Webster (8.51), Jammer (9.58), Carter (9.88)
    Yards per reception: Webster (14.34), Jammer (15.56), Carter (17.56)
    TD per target: Webster (5.08%), Carter (6.25%), Jammer (15.38%)
    TD per reception: Webster (8.57%), Carter (11.11%), Jammer (25.00%)
    INT per target: Carter (3.13%), Webster (1.69%), Jammer (0.00%)
    PD per target: Jammer (11.54%), Webster (10.17%), Carter (9.38%)

Not only does Webster have the most snaps this year, but his numbers are the best, and he is not the worst in any of those categories. To me, TD% and Yards per Target are very telling, both of which favor Webster. Judging from these numbers, I would hope the pecking order is Webster, then Carter, then Jammer.
    Kayvon has also has had to cover more number 1 and 2 receivers. In a smaller role and for run stopping ability kayvon is the easy choice for me.

Carter is way better than jammer. Actually I dislike jammer.
    Also, Bailey played a couple of plays in the nickel, which he did good.
    Carter over Webster. And Webster over jammer

Quote Originally Posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Agreed could you imagine a 225lb or 250lb rb running at 185lb carter, they pats would block everyone except carter and take that everytime
    I imagine every team would run a nickel CB iso if there was such a play. Don't know too many nickel corners outside of Champ Bailey that are known for great run support.

Quote Originally Posted by cbroncos724 View Post
    Carter is way better than jammer. Actually I dislike jammer.
    Also, Bailey played a couple of plays in the nickel, which he did good.
    Carter over Webster. And Webster over jammer
    Gosh did Jammer look lost on that first time he was burned on the pass to Allen. I understand he wouldn't of had a lot of reps and he owned his lack of play after the game, but after 10 years in the league, really? You need to work on your technique?

Poor guy, he's toast after this season.

Agreed though that Carter and Webster are an improvement but they've had their share of miscues. I say take Webster over Carter for size and speed and put him in the middle with a safety covering him.
    Last edited by Rastic; 01-14-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Has Tony Carter been placed on smaller receivers this year and been successful?

I ask because all of the comments here are based on Carter's struggles with the larger receivers and TE's. I recall earlier games in the year where he did struggle in those scenarios but honestly cannot recall how he did vs smaller guys.

I think That Jammer has had increasingly better performances as the year has gone on with the exception of the last game. Putting additional weight on a players latest performance is wise but to completely judge a player based on his last performance- IMO would be a mistake.

Webster is bigger and fast which is a great combination but with his injury I am not 100% certain he can make all of the plays he may need to vs. Brady.
    He had an exceptional game against the Giants. A pick and a pass breakup that led to a Harris int. Haven't seen the guy outside of special teams since the Dallas game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Agreed though that Carter and Webster are an improvement but they've had their share of miscues. I say take carter over Webster for size and speed and put him in the middle with a safety covering him.
    Agree. Carter is a proven CB but size might me an issue.

I'm anxious to see what Del Rio has planned to fill in for Harris jr

You are correct, I got them mixed up in my post, it's fixed. Carter has talent, but size is a factor. Go with Webster.

To me, this is where coaching comes into play. I'm not really sure what our scheme is. I know we mix up zones occasionally but play a lot of man coverage. When DRC went out, Brady picked on Webster repeatedly. When Harris went out Rivers abuse Jammer. Just as much as Peyton audibles to find the best play, Brady is notorious for simply finding the mismatch on defense and exploiting it. He will target Jammer/Webster, we just gotta have help behind them.

New England doesn't really have big wrs