Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rank the FAB 4

Rank the FAB 4

Now they're all good, pro bowl worthy receivers, but who is the best and who is the worst of the bunch? I rank em:

1) DT
    2) JT
    3) Welker
    4) Decker

DT is easily the best and is our #1 receiver. Julius is reliable and his size is a huge factor. I like Welker alot, but he's prone to mistakes. Decker is great too, but he makes even more mistakes. I feel like this is a fair ranking.

DT, JT, Decker, Welker

1.DT
    2a.JT
    2aa.Decker
    4.Welker

IMO welkers crazy numbers in NE were largely due to the system and his hands are questionable so I would place him last. DT needs no explanation and the other 2 are toss ups.

1. DT without question
    2. JT
    3. Decker - too many mistakes but comes back better the next game
    4. Welker - he has not been the same since his concussions.

They are very concerned about DT and JT up here in Bradyland this week. They also are praying that they can snag Decker in free agency next year.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 01-15-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Very tough to pick but I would go with the following:

1.) DT
    2.) Decker
    3.) JT
    4.) Welker

All do different things for our offense and compliment each other well. Hard to put Welker at four, but he gets the position because he is the eldest of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post

1.) DT
    2.) Decker
    3.) JT
    4.) Welker

All do different things for our offense and compliment each other well. Hard to put Welker at four, but he gets the position because he is the eldest of the bunch.
    The truth.
    "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post

They are very concerned about DT and JT up here in Bradyland this week. They also are praying that they can snag Decker in free agency next year.
    Pats dont have a ton of cap room from what i recall, and most/some of that will go to their own guys and they dont overpay for players which Decker may get.

DT
    'Welker
    Decker
    JT
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

1.) DT
    2.) Decker
    3.) JT
    4.) Welker

Agree with this. Looking back on this season, I am kinda happy my pats didn't resign Wes. Edelman has stepped in and replaced the production nicely at about 1/10th the cost. Great value. Welker also doesn't really seem the same after all these concussions.

DT
    Decker
    Welker
    JT

The ONLY reason why I put JT on the bottom of the list is that he kind of sucks in pass blocking. I expect he will be better next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    1.DT
    2a.JT
    2aa.Decker
    4.Welker

IMO welkers crazy numbers in NE were largely due to the system and his hands are questionable so I would place him last. DT needs no explanation and the other 2 are toss ups.
    This^^^^^. 10char
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Agree with this. Looking back on this season, I am kinda happy my pats didn't resign Wes. Edelman has stepped in and replaced the production nicely at about 1/10th the cost. Great value. Welker also doesn't really seem the same after all these concussions.
    Of course you would say that. With that said:

Welker >>> Edelman

Edelman is shifty in space and has the potential to be next Welker in that offense but he has yet to show it on a consistent basis.

Hilarious that they decide to pay fragile Amendola more than Wes.

Of course you would say that. With that said:

Welker >>> Edelman

Edelman is shifty in space and has the potential to be next Welker in that offense but he has yet to show it on a consistent basis.

Hilarious that they decide to pay fragile Amendola more than Wes.
    Same production for a tenth of the price. Wes is making what 6 million this year? Edelman is making 800k. That is value, especially when Welker hasn't been healthy either.

Edelman 105 catches on 151 targets for 1,056 yards and 6 TDs
    Welker 73 catches on 110 targets for 778 yards and 10 TDs.

Edelman finished #4 in the league in receptions while making veteran minimum. I would say it was a wise decision to let Welker walk for 6 mil especially now with the injury concerns.

Plus, Edelman had a better catch rate and fewer drops on more targets.

Amendola on the other hand, they are paying for future production. Going to the adage, "better to let a player to go a year early than a year too late" or "don't pay for past production". Welker has next season max before he retires. 3 concussions in one month this year and he ll be 33 next season. Done after this contract is up.
    Last edited by bgpatsfan; 01-15-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Same production for a tenth of the price. Wes is making what 6 million this year? Edelman is making 800k. That is value, especially when Welker hasn't been healthy either.

Edelman 105 catches on 151 targets for 1,056 yards and 6 TDs
    Welker 73 catches on 110 targets for 778 yards and 10 TDs.

Edelman finished #4 in the league in receptions while making veteran minimum. I would say it was a wise decision to let Welker walk for 6 mil especially now with the injury concerns.

Plus, Edelman had a better catch rate and fewer drops on more targets.
    He makes that now, after this season he'll probably cost about as much as Welker/Amendola.

I would be curious what you guys would have said around week 4-6 or so. I recall Welker being the only really consistent one of the bunch. At least at key times. Personally I would go:
    1) DT
    2) Welker
    3) JT
    4) Decker

Not slighting any of them though
    Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
    Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
    Kyle: Yeah.
    Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
    Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

Kyle: Go Broncos.
    Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
    Cartman: Yeah.