Page 1 of 172 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: Postseason: 2014 AFC Championship: Patriots vs Broncos

Hello Broncomaniacs one and all! (and all the recently register Trolls as well).

January 22, 2006.... That was the day, that was the day I last made a thread for Championship Sunday. We had beaten the Pats a week earlier, Pittsburgh upset Indy late in the 4th quarter and earned a trip to Mile High. Jake Plummer led the Broncos and Steelers fans led the cheers as the stands that used to be Orange and Blue, gave off a disgusting Black and Yellow tinge. Many a fan sold their loyalty for a few bucks that day, the team struggled and the game was lost.

Here we are 8 years later, the city seems filled with Orange and Blue pride. That was more than evident against the Chargers last week. Bronco management also wisely decided not to sell tickets to those in the Boston Area or nearby localities.

So here we are Manning vs Brady, Denver vs New England. Good vs Evil. A so called Legacy game.
    Can Manning get to Super Bowl # 3 and win in his brother's house, or will Brady get to # 6 in the stadium of his hated rivals (Jet's or Giants) take your pick.

Twice Brady and Manning have met in the AFC championship, Brady won the first time. Manning came from behind to win the second. The last time Denver met New England in the playoffs was two years ago, Tebow could not work any magic and the defense was giving up scores quicker than vendors could hand out beer.

We know Brady has won 10 of his 14 matchups vs Manning, (they split the last 6 times)
    In fact six of the last seven meetings have been decided by a touch down or less.

In those match ups Brady averaged 29.7 points Manning 24.6
    Brady 26 tds Manning 29
    Brady had 12 Ints Manning had 20.
    Completion Percentage Brady 67.1 Manning 61.8
    Passer rating Brady 96.6 Manning 85.6

It has been a tough road for Manning - who has lost 5 Home Playoff games by a combined total of 14 points.

John Fox is 1 for 6 vs the Patriots 0-2 in the post season. Del Rio - well he had the Jags and issues all his own besides the Pats.

So many side notes to this game. An interesting one is the most yards ever gained by a receiver in the Patriots last 249 games belongs to Demaryius Thomas who has 180 yards in 2012.

The Pats will test our improving run defense, but they will more likely want to test the secondary with Chris Harris. How did the Patriots rally a few weeks ago, Cromartie went out at the half and they started testing his side, and quickly got back in the game. The Chargers went after Jammer last week and had great success. So we know he is not the answer. Tony Carter will have a chance to shine and Champ will not be on a count and may have to play outside as well.

Can Knowshon move the rock and get past Hightower on Defense? Can Knighton stop Blount from getting his yards. Can DT can past Talib? Can Welker, Julius Thomas and Decker make plays when needed. Can Edelman and Amendola be held in check?

This will not be an easy game, but I am more optimistic after seeing how well Denver did last week. We will have better conditions than last week and than last time we played NE.
    I think Peyton, Denver, Fox and Del Rio are due. We need to play smart, too many mistakes last time cost us the game. We can't play tight and over think, we need to make plays.

Both teams are beaten up, the defensive units are patch work, but I think Denver can do it. We are the number one seed for a reason. It would be a shame if all are hard work to get to the Superbowl fell short by this game, and the city that has rallied around the Broncos gets disappointed once again. So if you are going to the game Be loud, be proud and let yourself be known!

If we win we get to do this again in two weeks, if we lose try to keep it in check. The Mods do a great job here, and a board with this many posters after an emotional loss, is a lot to handle.
    This will be a great game with ups and downs. Please follow the COC and report any posts that may be in violation of that. The Trolls are here folks, let's keep them in check.

I hope we have a great game, play Broncos football and get the "W"
    OMAHA OMAHA!!! GO DENVER!
    Last edited by Elway; 01-18-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE pansies !!!

GO "D" --- SACK tommie !!!

BRONCOS, PROTECT YOUR QB !!!

Denver 44
    pansies 13

Go 12th Man !
    Rock the House !!!

GO BRONCOS "D" !!!
    SEND
    the brady bunch BACK ON A REALLY, REALLY LONG FLIGHT TO NEW ENGLAND !!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...ances-21538178

Game Day Thread is open

Go Broncos!
    formerly "thehighlander"

Brady, you're a great QB and I have plenty of respect for you, but you might as well just remain sitting down on the field since the defense is gonna keep sacking you and putting you down.

GO BRONCOS!!! WE CAN WIN THIS GAME, I KNOW WE CAN!!!

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Additional Game day info courtesy of JWINN:

BRONCOS HOST PATRIOTS
    - The Denver Broncos (14-3) will host the New England Patriots (13-4) in the AFC Championship game on Sunday with the winner earning a right to play in Super Bowl XLVIII. Kickoff at Sports Authority Field at Mile High is set for 1:05 p.m. MST.

- Denver owns a 19-17 (.528) all-time record in postseason play, including a 6-2 (.750) mark in AFC Championship Games.

- Since Executive V.P. of Football Operations John Elway was hired in 2011, Denver is one of eight teams to average at least 10 wins a year, one of five clubs to make the postseason in each of the last three campaigns and one of three franchises to win three consecutive division titles.

- Broncos QB Peyton Manning and Patriots QB Tom Brady will square off for the fourth time in the postseason and the 15th time overall.

Sunday’s game is presented by Verizon and Bud Light. Get in your seats early and show the world you were here! Be part of the 360-degree HD panoramic photo that will take place before kickoff, presented by Verizon and Bud Light.

The Mile High Mountain Village, presented by Bud Light, is free and open to all fans with a game ticket. The main entrance is located at gate 4 and will open at 10:00 a.m.
    The area features flat-screen TVs, food and Bud Light specials, and 103.5 FM and 850 KOA live broadcasts. Appearances and autograph opportunities by Cheerleaders, Alumni and Miles the Mascot will begin at 12:30.

GAME DAY DETAILS
    National Anthem: Leah Shafer

Color Guard: 7 Groups – Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, Fire and Police

TIMELINE OF EVENTS - Denver time

12:41 - Players leave the field
    12:41 – Stampede/Broncos Fight Song
    12:43 – Game Ball Delivery
    12:44 – Military Welcome Home
    12:47 – Thunderstorm
    12:49 – Parade of Colors
    12:54 – Patriots introductions
    12:56 – Broncos introductions
    1:00 – Coin Toss
    1:02 – National Anthem
    1:04 – Alfred Williams will lead the stadium in a “Go Broncos” cheer
    1:05 - Kickoff

•Half-time Entertainment: The Fray

Complimentary Broncos GameDay Magazines (to first 45,000 fans) will be available for Sports Authority Field at Mile High patrons to pick-up at all stadium entrances upon entry.

WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY
    Sunny and mild. Morning lows are forecast to be from 28 to 33 degrees, afternoon highs from 55 to 61 degrees

. CHEERLEADERS AND ALUMNI: WEST CLUB LOUNGE
    11:15-12:00 - Denver Broncos Cheerleaders: Christina and Toni D.

12:00-12:45 - Denver Broncos Alumni: Randy Gradishar, Gene Mingo, Tom Graham, and Don Horn
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

All Right! It's almost time to get this show on the road. In less than 24 hours we will know who we will be playing in the SB and all the patsy fans will finally get off our board. LET'S GO BRONCOS!!
    Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!!

I was looking at Champ Bailey's stats earlier.
    This is the first season of his career he has not had an INT.
    This cannot continue

Tom make it happen !!
    formerly "thehighlander"

Also, don't forget about this play:

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Go Broncos.....time to bring the AFC title back to Denver.
    Last edited by EddieMac; 01-18-2014 at 10:02 PM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

1 step closer to hoisting the Lombari!!! Let's go fellas!!!

OK DENVER HOME FANS...

Raise hell and wake the dead with that Mile High home field advantage!

Make Brady's ears BLEED every down!

GO BRONCOS!!! I expect this to be a fight in every aspect of the game! What a great matchup.

We will be without my boy Chris Harris Jr but I have faith that our defense will step up! Malik Jackson and Shaun Phillips will be eating Tom Brady all afternoon!

Knowshon Moreno will have a statement game. Yes, he had a 224 yard performance last time, and I expect him to play at that same level.

And here is one thing against the Patriots we haven't had since 2011: HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE.

Our fans will rally us through 4 quarters!

Broncos 34, Patriots 31

Let's go out and lay the smack down on that team that we're playing tomorrow on the way to New Jersey!!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

I am so excited! I can not wait for 1 PM tomorrow. Let's beat the Patriots and go to the super bowl!!!! GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

Letsssssssssss go can't wait I got my beers and everything don't think i'll be sleeping tonight