85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Belicheat

1 1.18%
  • Wes Welker

84 98.82%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Who's right? Welker or Belichic

Please be honest

If you think Welker deliberately tried to injure Talib - vote for the Emperor

If you think the Emperor is out of his mind - vote Welk

I'll make this poll anon so you don't have to worry if you think Bill is actually right ..... no one will blast you.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

I don't think Welker did it on purpose he was thinking that Talib would move away but he didn't. It also looked like he was trying to catch a ball before the collision.

Was it an intentional pick by Welker... Yes. Was the design to injure or "take out" Talib?? Absolutely not.
    res ipsa loquitur

Quote Originally Posted by CoronaCalBronco View Post
    Was it an intentional pick by Welker... Yes. Was the design to injure or "take out" Talib?? Absolutely not.
    on a side note the pick should have been a penalty but the NFL penalizes picks about as often as the NBA calls traveling.
    res ipsa loquitur

I'm on mobile so I can't see the poll.

The only deliberate act by welker was not putting in much effort to run around talib after derailing his route to the ball. After what happened to DRC i'm glad he stood up for his teammate and did what he did.

Belichick is just upset b/c during halftime, when they went to look at the DEN sideline signals they recorded, all that was on the tape was Archie's footage of Eli, Peyton, & Cooper playing football in the backyard as little boys.

Look, if I run right and ram into a person running left, who ran into whom?

Belichick is a cheat, and an adulterer, he employs the same pick tactics, and taught Welker how to do it, he devised a scheme replete with dirty tricks against INDY - when his DBs physically assaulted the Colt's WR - and he coached (and won titles with) the dirtiest player I ever saw (Rodney Harrison).

So now he cries foul?

WAH!

SORE LOSER - SOUR GRAPES

Quote Originally Posted by CoronaCalBronco View Post
    on a side note the pick should have been a penalty but the NFL penalizes picks about as often as the NBA calls traveling.
    It was not a penalty because Demaryious Thomas was already touching the ball when Welker set the "pick". There is a tweet from Mike Perreira stating as such.
    We are going with Plan A

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Please be honest

If you think Welker deliberately tried to injure Talib - vote for the Emperor

If you think the Emperor is out of his mind - vote Welk

I'll make this poll anon so you don't have to worry if you think Bill is actually right ..... no one will blast you.
    Who cares we won they lost, who cares what belicheat says !!

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Look, if I run right and ram into a person running left, who ran into whom?
    If you're facing each other, then probably you, since you're running into the person and they're running away from you.

That's probably not what you meant, though.

It was Welker protecting the receiver who was receiving. Not to mention, Welker isn't exactly huge and he didn't really target a special location to strike. The game was already rough, there were clearly other moments of a extra push or just following through on a tackle with a little extra on it. I think Belichic is just sour he couldn't bug our phones.
    "Give em' the Denver D!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turf Nazi View Post
    It was not a penalty because Demaryious Thomas was already touching the ball when Welker set the "pick". There is a tweet from Mike Perreira stating as such.
    Well we will probably have to agree to disagree on this point, but I think we can agree that Wes did not intend to injure. GO BRONCOS!
    res ipsa loquitur

Belichic: "One of the worst plays I've seen"

Anyone who says that kind of garbage is wrong by default. Sour grapes, Billy!

Did it affect the game significantly? No. The Pats looked just as inferior without Talib as they did with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Turf Nazi View Post
    That's not quite what he said. Other people are mischaracterizing what he said and then saying he's wrong because the ball arrived shortly after contact. He said "about the same time."

The ball arrives several frames after contact, certainly not enough time for Talib to make up any lost ground and make a play on the ball or the receiver.

You can bet this goes a lot deeper than that play, Belicheat holds a grudge against Welker for some reason, Welker even went up to Belicheat and Talib after the game to tell them it was not intentional and yet Belicheat tells the media it was intentional and wants the league to fine Welker. Belicheat is nothing but a Sore Loser and a Cheat, the nfl should have banned him when he was caught Cheating, he's a disgrace!!!

Well considering many of BB own players are disagreeing with him I kinda think that BB is wrong. I mean when your own team says your wrong do you need to look further. On top of that I saw Jaws say that the NFL has said there will be no fines on Welker. I'll go ahead and cast my vote though.

I find it very ironic that a coach who calls the same plays probably more than anyone else in the league is crying about it. Also, I have watched it a couple of times and it seems to me that Talib saw it coming with as much time as Welker did and he did not pull up or move over. He may have been wanting to lay the hit on our small reciever and it backfired.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter