Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    In any case, whatever our FA/draft strategy is, it should revolve around Osweiler. There's not a doubt in my mind that Manning retires if he wins this next game.

I think the better question for this thread is what FA's best help Brock in our transition.

I understand the guard posts but I would like to propose something. Chris Clark can shift over to RT next year when Clady comes back and Franklin gets shifted over to LG to replace the loss of Beadles. Franklin seems like a natural guard to me and I think it's an easy way to deal with the loss of Beadles if that is the case. Drafting a guard or tackle in this draft seems like a better idea than signing a new one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DishWater View Post
    In any case, whatever our FA/draft strategy is, it should revolve around Osweiler. There's not a doubt in my mind that Manning retires if he wins this next game.

I think the better question for this thread is what FA's best help Brock in our transition.
    Not necessarily. I believe Manning has said publicly that win or lose, his decision on coming back next season rests on a March check up on his neck. If its structurally sound, he's back, if not, then he'll hang them up.

As far as transition, a lot of that depends on Brock himself. You can't ask for a better assembly of offensive talent we have right now. Next season we have the possibility of losing Moreno, Decker, and Beadles, my guess is we can get two of those three back. Osweiler, if it does in fact become his job next season, is going to be handed an exceptional offense regardless of the free agents we add.

Really our focus should be adding some pieces to the defense, which doesn't really factor into who is playing QB(perhaps if Manning is around we have a better sell to potential free agents looking for a ring). Although the defense has in a way carried us through the playoffs, we still need to upgrade a lot of spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhoutai34 View Post
    I understand the guard posts but I would like to propose something. Chris Clark can shift over to RT next year when Clady comes back and Franklin gets shifted over to LG to replace the loss of Beadles. Franklin seems like a natural guard to me and I think it's an easy way to deal with the loss of Beadles if that is the case. Drafting a guard or tackle in this draft seems like a better idea than signing a new one anyway.
    No way should Franklin move from RT. He's probably one of the best in the league at a very valuable spot.

Perhaps Clark can move to LG if Beadles walks. I hadn't considered this before but it would make more sense to do that than kicking Franklin inside.

I think Elway is on to something..
    1. Draft well
    2. Sign FA that still have stuff in the tank for 2 years. (in places you need)
    This keeps your team young with just the right amount of Veteran. Plus (Decker, Moreno, DRC.. Pay cut Champ and Payton(he wants another SB))
    So places I think we need to get that Veteran , or 2 plus one steal..
    1. Jarred Allen 32 still has a tank left
    2. Karlos Dansby --True MLB and leader
    3. steal Sam Shields or Alterraun Verner if you cant land the corner but land the other two.. than Branden Albert(this allows Claddy at LT, Albert at RT, and Franklin to move inside. even better O-line)
    Move Champ to FS and Nickel CB on passing downs.
    DE--Phillips and Allen
    DT--Vickerson POT rost
    LB--Tray,Dansby,Miller (woodyard for miller while hi is out)
    CB--DRC, Harris (Carter or Webster while Harris is hurt)
    SS-- Moore
    FS --Champ

Quote Originally Posted by tpoz34 View Post
    I think Elway is on to something..
    1. Draft well
    2. Sign FA that still have stuff in the tank for 2 years. (in places you need)
    This keeps your team young with just the right amount of Veteran. Plus (Decker, Moreno, DRC.. Pay cut Champ and Payton(he wants another SB))
    So places I think we need to get that Veteran , or 2 plus one steal..
    1. Jarred Allen 32 still has a tank left
    2. Karlos Dansby --True MLB and leader
    3. steal Sam Shields or Alterraun Verner if you cant land the corner but land the other two.. than Branden Albert(this allows Claddy at LT, Albert at RT, and Franklin to move inside. even better O-line)
    Move Champ to FS and Nickel CB on passing downs.
    DE--Phillips and Allen
    DT--Vickerson POT rost
    LB--Tray,Dansby,Miller (woodyard for miller while hi is out)
    CB--DRC, Harris (Carter or Webster while Harris is hurt)
    SS-- Moore
    FS --Champ
    IMHO Champ'll retire after the SB
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

I think we end up signing one of the better DEs available.

This front office has signed at least one splash FA every year

By teams alphabetically

Dansby, mendenhall, Jerry, Oher, Johnson (cincy), Decker, Shields, Antonio Smith (pipe dream), MJD (another pipe dream, but I'd bet you my last dollar he'd come here to win a ring), Starks (vet min), or even better Jared Allen, Brandon Spikes, malcolm jenkins, hakeem nicks (should decker all of the sudden become a complete idiot and demand more than hes worth), McFadden, Houston, Cooper (again, depending on decker), Nate Allen,

Jason Worilds,

donald butler, and verner (ten).

Any of these would be fine, but, my personal favorites of this group are Worilds, verner and Jared Allen.

I'd love to see MJD here as well, but I don't think we can pay him what he wants.

Hooray, beer!

I wouldn't touch Talib after last weekend... That is not the first time he was "banged-up" and sat out the rest of the game. Welker is not a brick wall out there and even Billichek said it is not an injury and wouldn't require any surgery. Just a bunch of hypocrites (look at the hit on DRC earlier) and whiners...

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    No way should Franklin move from RT. He's probably one of the best in the league at a very valuable spot.

Perhaps Clark can move to LG if Beadles walks. I hadn't considered this before but it would make more sense to do that than kicking Franklin inside.
    Franklin is good at RT but his skill set would be much better at G where his skills would allow him to dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Franklin is good at RT but his skill set would be much better at G where his skills would allow him to dominate.
    He doesnt dominate now?

It does make sense but from a money standpoint, i think he'd want to be paid like a T over a G.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    By teams alphabetically

Dansby, mendenhall, Jerry, Oher, Johnson (cincy), Decker, Shields, Antonio Smith (pipe dream), MJD (another pipe dream, but I'd bet you my last dollar he'd come here to win a ring), Starks (vet min), or even better Jared Allen, Brandon Spikes, malcolm jenkins, hakeem nicks (should decker all of the sudden become a complete idiot and demand more than hes worth), McFadden, Houston, Cooper (again, depending on decker), Nate Allen,

Jason Worilds,

donald butler, and verner (ten).

Any of these would be fine, but, my personal favorites of this group are Worilds, verner and Jared Allen.

I'd love to see MJD here as well, but I don't think we can pay him what he wants.
    Good list, depending how much we'd have left after cuts and signing some of our own guys.

Wouldnt mind Nicks at all if Decker wanted a huge payday.

I don't think we resign Zane Beadles, as IMO he is the weak link on our O-line. Not saying he's bad, but he could be upgraded. I'd like to see us spend our money on a LG so we aren't trusting Manning with a rookie.

They should do everything they can to keep this offense intact like it is now, you have one of the best offenses in history,
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by DishWater View Post

Manning is not retiring. Win, lose or draw, he comes back. Unless, of course, he gets injured in the Super Bowl.