Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I'm really sick and tired of the sports media talking about how we can't play in the cold, and that if it's cold, blah, blah, it favors SEA.

Do these people not realize we play in Colorado. Last I checked its a cold weather state. Duh!

I also get tired of the pundits not pointing out that the hawks play in cool, not cold temps. Living on the east side of Washington, we do get snow, Seattle almost never does. When it snows the people of Seattle don't know what to do and they just don't function well. Why is Denver not able to handle the cold weather they often practice in?

Quote Originally Posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    Denver scored 24 and 26 points in their last two games... playoff games.

Throw out the regular season stats. They don't apply. This is playoff football and the games are called and played differently.

Seattle scored 23 points against NO and SF, two of the better defenses in the league during the regular season.

There's no doubt in my mind that Seattle scores more than 23 points against Denver's average defense. I expect no less than 27 to 30 points.

Can Denver really put up that many against Seattle's defense?

I don't think so.
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Quote Originally Posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    Denver scored 24 and 26 points in their last two games... playoff games.

Throw out the regular season stats. They don't apply. This is playoff football and the games are called and played differently.

Seattle scored 23 points against NO and SF, two of the better defenses in the league during the regular season.

There's no doubt in my mind that Seattle scores more than 23 points against Denver's average defense. I expect no less than 27 to 30 points.

Can Denver really put up that many against Seattle's defense?

I don't think so.
    If you watched the San Diego game, you know there were lots of points left on the field with Eric Decker basically tripping over his own feet on the way to a TD. That San Diego game could've easily been 40 points. Same for New England. We used basically the equivalent of one full quarter on 2 TD drives of 7+ minutes each. New England didn't even come close to stopping us all day. We scored on something like 6 straight drives.

Quote Originally Posted by 18to88 View Post
    37 and wintry mix is the latest. 9mph winds.
    What I am hearing is LIGHT wintry mix... Y that ususally means on and off little spurts of light rain and maybe a little harder snow shower of a 1/16th to 1/8 incch snow ... probably would not coat the field. After sunset it will probably be all intermittent snow showers

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    OK, let's throw them out. Go to http://www.nfl.com/stats/team and view the postseason rankings (there by default)amongst the 12 playoff teams.

TOTAL OFFENSE Den #4 Sea #9
    TOTAL DEFENSE Den #2 Sea #6
    Bolts and Pats are not Saints and 49ers... we will see...

I just wish Heath Evans would stop talking about the damn weather only impacting us. Give it a rest already. God, can't stand the guy. Why wouldn't wind impact both teams? Why do they keep saying it's just a problem only for us? We run the ball too Heath. And I'm sure Wilson will also be throwing the ball as well. Or is Wilson so gifted that throwing in the wind is no problem for him. Jeez

I guess what disappoints me is so many of these media people just regurgitate a narrative without any real thought or analysis. Once the narrative gets going these reporters are not smart enough to think for themselves and say something that is well-thought out and meaningful.

Now only 30% chance of precipitation and 5-8 mph winds.. trouble for the opposition

Quote Originally Posted by snewguy View Post
    Bolts and Pats are not Saints and 49ers... we will see...
    You're right. The Bolts have a better offense than the Niners.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I just wish Heath Evans would stop talking about the damn weather only impacting us. Give it a rest already. God, can't stand the guy. Why wouldn't wind impact both teams? Why do they keep saying it's just a problem only for us? We run the ball too Heath. And I'm sure Wilson will also be throwing the ball as well. Or is Wilson so gifted that throwing in the wind is no problem for him. Jeez

I guess what disappoints me is so many of these media people just regurgitate a narrative without any real thought or analysis. Once the narrative gets going these reporters are not smart enough to think for themselves and say something that is well-thought out and meaningful.
    Heath Evans is a Broncos and Peyton hater. He was drafted by the Seahawks. According to him, the Seattle defense will shut down Peyton and our WRs. I recollect him picking Pats to beat us. Some one needs to remind him of his pick. NFL network seems full of retired players from Chargers and Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
    Heath Evans is a Broncos and Peyton hater. He was drafted by the Seahawks. According to him, the Seattle defense will shut down Peyton and our WRs. I recollect him picking Pats to beat us. Some one needs to remind him of his pick. NFL network seems full of retired players from Chargers and Patriots.
    This is a bit off topic but he said something yesterday that really pissed me off. He said that not only are we going to be chewed up by Seattle's D but that because Peyton's legacy is on the line here, he will fold under the weight of that pressure.

Peyton could care less about his legacy right now and thus, him folding under some pressure that technically is not there, is utterly ridiculous.

Now, back to the weather channel.....

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I just wish Heath Evans would stop talking about the damn weather only impacting us.

I just wish he would stop talking PERIOD

Quote Originally Posted by WillTopper View Post
    I just wish he would stop talking PERIOD
    Yeah, that would be a good thing. Shut up Heath. Ugh, he is so biased and isn't smart enough to develop a well-thought out analysis. All he does is regurgitate the same narrative over and over without even thinking about what he is saying.

cold, 10-20 mph, temps feeling like mid teens is forecast as of today... advantage Hawks. if its a cross wind, that will cut down the field to one side... Manning is not throwing ducks against a cross wind with tight man coverage...

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog1002 View Post
    You're right. The Bolts have a better offense than the Niners.
    nope. not even close. Niners have a power run offensive line and Rivers Allen Matthews ?? compare to Kap Gore Davis Bolden Crabtree, really?