Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Considering Knighton plays defense I hope he's not worried about Sherman...
    lol lol lol oh Sherman plays offense lol lol lol told ya I never heard of him before the mouth thing ... wasn't kidding..lol lol I thought he played corner back same as Champ but I guess not if you all keep talking about his matchup with our offense.. so how about this... Pot Roast was speaking for the Denver Broncos lol lol

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Broncos Country
    Posts
    10,329
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissy rules View Post
    he put up 35 in New England this year ....it WAS COLD AND WINDY... this IS NOT PEYTONS FIRST RODEO.... I heard all of this same garbage before he won the SuperBowl in the pouring down rain....
    To add to that, when we played the Titans, it was below 20. A manager of mine was actually at that game and he told me it was real cold.

    We scored 52 points that game. May have been just the Titans, but 52 points is impressive, no matter who you're playing.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by WillTopper View Post
    His tendency is to scramble after the first read and check down while scrambling. Heard a a very good analysis saying a spy getting in his face will keep him from checking down during the scrambles and cause some big time screw ups by Wilson.
    You sure your not talking about Kaepernick? He only runs out of the pocket after his first read if his protection breaks down. Other than that, he is pretty happy sitting in the pocket to zip passes out to his WR.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by westbyz25 View Post
    I'm sorry, but this forum is for fans to have an INTELLIGENT football conversation, not "BLAH BLAH BLAH WE'RE THE 12TH MAN AND WE'RE GONNA STOMP EVERYONEZZZZ111!!!!". There's a smack talk forum for that
    Funny, I see very little of what your saying, and much more of we are the mighty Broncos greatest of all time, you Seachickens have zero chance to even stay in the game on here.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by westbyz25 View Post
    WIlson has been contained for the last 5 games. He had 2 big plays in the game against SF but other than that it's widely know that he's been struggling because he can't scramble, as teams have contained him. He's had 2 of the worst rushing games of his career in the last month and only topped 200 yards once in the last 5 games...he's not exactly on fire.
    Wilson isn't Manning. Peyton is the defacto O/C on the field. Wilson is a second year QB that does what he is told. The game plan is what is taming down Wilson's pass numbers not a new found lack of ability. Sure he still makes errors occasionally but that is what should be expected with his experience. He tied Manning last season for a rookie QB TDs and tied Rothlessnburger for wins in first two seasons ..both records.

    Blaming Russell Wilson for his lack of productivity is missguided. Our O/C calls the plays. Inthe last few games the Seahawks have been featuring the running game far more than pass plays. Mid season our O-Line was 3-4 starters short and the running game suffered. Now that our all pro line is healthy Carroll and Bevel have concentrated on getting the run game back on track. That has left fewer plays for Wilson to light it up. Still with the few designed pass plays he has had to work with he has shined.

    As a Seahawk fan that follows the games closely I have no problem with Wilson's ability or production taking into account the opportunities the game plans have afforded him recently.

    The stat comparrisons between the start of the season or the later part of last season are
    meaningless

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,421
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksfan76 View Post
    Funny, I see very little of what your saying, and much more of we are the mighty Broncos greatest of all time, you Seachickens have zero chance to even stay in the game on here.
    This is a broncos forum FYI. Although that's a false statement about the hawks having no chance you still shouldn't be surprised.

    And the broncos are the greatest offense of all time. That's not up for debate that's a fact.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by tonray View Post
    That's why Peyton doesn't run.....throws the defense off...lol.
    Actually I watched a lot of his old college game films...he was a bootlegging machine.....he also did it once against Dallas this year...walked in without a hand on him...too funny
    yea i was watching the colts 2006 superbowl run and old highlights of peyton he was alot more mobile then people give him credit for of course now he is older and stands like a statue.


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    To add to that, when we played the Titans, it was below 20. A manager of mine was actually at that game and he told me it was real cold.

    We scored 52 points that game. May have been just the Titans, but 52 points is impressive, no matter who you're playing.
    BINGO !!!!!!!!!! The way I see it is there is ALOT of people who are not ready to except that NOT ONLY is Peyton Manning the best in the NFL but they are not ready to admit the Denver Broncos are the best team in the NFL....they are Americas new team ....all year long with the exception of a few analysts have nay sayed Peyton and his boys..come MONDAY February 3 2014....it is what it is... the Denver Broncos IS THE LAST TEAM STANDING...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    This is a broncos forum FYI. Although that's a false statement about the hawks having no chance you still shouldn't be surprised.

    And the broncos are the greatest offense of all time. That's not up for debate that's a fact.
    And I am not surprised that is what I am seeing, because I see the exact same thing favoring the Seahawks on our boards. I was responding to a Bronco fan who seemed to think people on here are touting the Hawks.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissy rules View Post
    lol lol lol oh Sherman plays offense lol lol lol told ya I never heard of him before the mouth thing ... wasn't kidding..lol lol I thought he played corner back same as Champ but I guess not if you all keep talking about his matchup with our offense.. so how about this... Pot Roast was speaking for the Denver Broncos lol lol
    Chrissy, Sherman is the Hawks LCB (left corner back). The other person was pointing out that Pot Roast should not be worried about Sherman because they both play defense. Meaning, they will not be taking the field together.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksfan76 View Post
    Chrissy, Sherman is the Hawks LCB (left corner back). The other person was pointing out that Pot Roast should not be worried about Sherman because they both play defense. Meaning, they will not be taking the field together.
    REALLY ?????????????????????? LOL LOL it took me a minute but hey I got there lol lol lol

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,117
    Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    I thought this was interesting what Knighton said about Russel Wilson and his tendancies.
    I was suprised he spilled the beans so much. But i guess he really isn't giving that much away.
    Usually in interviews, they try to give the interviewers very generic stuff.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ns-tendencies/




    Terrance Knighton talks Russell Wilson’s tendencies

    Posted by Michael David Smith on January 27, 2014, 4:11 PM EST

    Getty Images
    Broncos defensive tackle Terrance Knighton has picked up a few things from his film study of Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson that he was willing to share to the media today.

    “You’ve just got to watch a lot of film. Quarterbacks have tendencies. His tendency is that he is a right-handed quarterback; he wants to get out to his right and throw,” Knighton said of Wilson. “He’s more successful that way. So we’ve got to do a good job of keeping him in the pocket and force him out of his comfort zone. When he’s moving left he’ll tend to run it more and when he’s moving right he wants to pass it more. We just have to do a good job of containing him. He’ll get out and he’ll make his plays during the game, but we’ll just have to limit them.”

    Wilson threw only nine interceptions in the regular season and hasn’t thrown one yet in the playoffs, and Knighton said that quality of Wilson’s has been particularly impressive for a young player.

    “Each week he’s getting better and better. He’s one of those guys who doesn’t turn the ball over,” Knighton said.

    Perhaps most important to Wilson’s success is his scrambling ability, which Knighton noted.

    “He extends plays, he’s a smart player and he can beat you with his feet and with his arm,” Knighton said. “We have to keep him in the pocket.”

    Anybody else react with shocked amusement upon reading all the articles' comments from delusional Seahawk fans???

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



    sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

    Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,535
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    To add to that, when we played the Titans, it was below 20. A manager of mine was actually at that game and he told me it was real cold.

    We scored 52 points that game. May have been just the Titans, but 52 points is impressive, no matter who you're playing.
    It was 18 degrees. The coldest game Seattle played all year was 36 degrees.

    Tennessee was also one of the highest rated defenses against the pass until Manning lit them up for 397 yards and 4 TD's. They still finished the season 11th defensively in that category, yielding just 225 yards per game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Corey View Post
    Wilson isn't Manning. Peyton is the defacto O/C on the field. Wilson is a second year QB that does what he is told. The game plan is what is taming down Wilson's pass numbers not a new found lack of ability. Sure he still makes errors occasionally but that is what should be expected with his experience. He tied Manning last season for a rookie QB TDs and tied Rothlessnburger for wins in first two seasons ..both records.

    Blaming Russell Wilson for his lack of productivity is missguided. Our O/C calls the plays. Inthe last few games the Seahawks have been featuring the running game far more than pass plays. Mid season our O-Line was 3-4 starters short and the running game suffered. Now that our all pro line is healthy Carroll and Bevel have concentrated on getting the run game back on track. That has left fewer plays for Wilson to light it up. Still with the few designed pass plays he has had to work with he has shined.

    As a Seahawk fan that follows the games closely I have no problem with Wilson's ability or production taking into account the opportunities the game plans have afforded him recently.

    The stat comparrisons between the start of the season or the later part of last season are
    meaningless
    They are only meaningless when someone losing an argument doesn't want them to count.

    Russell Wilson has 0 INT's this post season, but he also only has one touchdown. Also, I'd buy your argument about the focus on the run game, but it doesn't add up. Wilson's completion percentage should be higher, because a power rushing attack sets up high percentage play action passes. Instead, he's completing just 58% of his passes - some of which were literally miracle bombs - and he's been sacked 7 times. Zero other QB's have been sacked that many times in these playoffs.

    If a team wants to beat Denver's defense, they are going to have to throw the football. Lynch pounding it isn't going to get it done. Wilson hasn't displayed the ability to light it up at all.
    Last edited by Doogansquest; 01-30-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •