Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pot Roast explains Russel Wilson's tendancies

I thought this was interesting what Knighton said about Russel Wilson and his tendancies.
    I was suprised he spilled the beans so much. But i guess he really isn't giving that much away.
    Usually in interviews, they try to give the interviewers very generic stuff.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ns-tendencies/

Terrance Knighton talks Russell Wilson’s tendencies

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 27, 2014, 4:11 PM EST

Getty Images
    Broncos defensive tackle Terrance Knighton has picked up a few things from his film study of Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson that he was willing to share to the media today.

“You’ve just got to watch a lot of film. Quarterbacks have tendencies. His tendency is that he is a right-handed quarterback; he wants to get out to his right and throw,” Knighton said of Wilson. “He’s more successful that way. So we’ve got to do a good job of keeping him in the pocket and force him out of his comfort zone. When he’s moving left he’ll tend to run it more and when he’s moving right he wants to pass it more. We just have to do a good job of containing him. He’ll get out and he’ll make his plays during the game, but we’ll just have to limit them.”

Wilson threw only nine interceptions in the regular season and hasn’t thrown one yet in the playoffs, and Knighton said that quality of Wilson’s has been particularly impressive for a young player.

“Each week he’s getting better and better. He’s one of those guys who doesn’t turn the ball over,” Knighton said.

Perhaps most important to Wilson’s success is his scrambling ability, which Knighton noted.

“He extends plays, he’s a smart player and he can beat you with his feet and with his arm,” Knighton said. “We have to keep him in the pocket.”

It doesn't take hours of film study to realize that most running QB's are more accurate running towards the throwing hand side.

Quote Originally Posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    It doesn't take hours of film study to realize that most running QB's are more accurate running towards the throwing hand side.
    That's why Peyton doesn't run.....throws the defense off...lol.
    Actually I watched a lot of his old college game films...he was a bootlegging machine.....he also did it once against Dallas this year...walked in without a hand on him...too funny

Knighton is wearing Google glasses this week and will be posting on Milehighreport website his experience.

I think it was Mr. Knighton's nice way of saying they are not worried about Sherman lol lol just saying lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by rush_limbaughII View Post

Knighton is wearing Google glasses this week and will be posting on Milehighreport website his experience.
    I tuned in but all I saw was a mound of chips and a pile of discarded t-bones....

We have to keep him in the pocket and contain him. And get a pass rush. And stop the run. such a simple game.

Quote Originally Posted by snewguy View Post
    We have to keep him in the pocket and contain him. And get a pass rush. And stop the run. such a simple game.
    It's only worked all playoffs long so far. Oh, and scrambling QB's haven't really found much success against Denver this year.

So, what's Tom Brady going to do to keep the legend going from his couch?

Quote Originally Posted by tonray View Post
    I tuned in but all I saw was a mound of chips and a pile of discarded t-bones....
    LOL - Are you serious? That's funny. He said he will be posting seriously till Wednesday. I guess he was just joking.

Unlike Colin Kaepernick and Cam Newton who once outside the pocket almost always commit to the run left or right Russell Wilson always has his eyes looking downfield surveying for which of his recievers is breaking into an open space or has gotten behind the coverage. Wilson runs for several reasons but rarely by design as the forementioned other QBs do. As he approaches the LOS he is hoping that the DBs will release from Tate or Baldwin or even Lynch and Miller. Seattle is near the bottom in passing attempts but near the top in plays for more than 20 yards. I wouldn't agree that Wilson has tendencies as speculated in an earlier post. It just happens that when he feels the need to escape he has found more lanes in one side of the pocket than the other. Wilson is just as adept at running or passing anywhere behind the LOS.

I think a very interesting question is whether the time with Tebow on your team actually will help our defense. For two years they were lining up against someone with similar skills to Russell Wilson, and so far it has seemed that Quarterbacks like Cam Newton has failed miserably against our D.

Russell Wilson deserves a ton of credit because he plays very mature, but we have seen that if you get pressure up the middle the tripple option tends to fall apart, and frankly Pot Rost seems quite impressive at pressure up the middle. It kills run first and tripple option, so there is a good chance that we are actually very well prepared.

I think Wilson will probably pick up first downs with his legs from time to time, but I think the defense must be wary not to let him convert too many third-and-longs that way or they won't be able to get off the field. He's not like RG3 or Kaepernick where he'll torch a defense for 40 yards in one play -- but he's very smart at using his legs to succeed in situational football.

Hanzo - You're one of the few on here that truly understands why Seattle is the best team in the NFC this year and is a worthy opponent for your Broncos on Sunday. Congrats, brother.

Here's to a great game!!
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Quote Originally Posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    Hanzo - You're one of the few on here that truly understands why Seattle is the best team in the NFC this year and is a worthy opponent for your Broncos on Sunday. Congrats, brother.

Here's to a great game!!

I think there are alot of Broncos that think Seattle is a worthy opponent. This is not going to be an easy team for either side. I think this is going to be a close game. I feel Denver will prevail.

IMHO Seattle Seahawks have already lost the game.
    Everyone and I'm mean everyone knows what they plan to do and how they plan to do it. Can that be said of the Broncos?