Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,383

    Seahawks fans outnumbering Broncos fans in superbowl

    Just heard this on the radio - The initial estimates is a huge difference in numbers. I am hoping that it turns out better during the game and is more evenly distributed.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,249
    How do they know this?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
    Just heard this on the radio - The initial estimates is a huge difference in numbers. I am hoping that it turns out better during the game and is more evenly distributed.
    Don't worry about that. It's misleading. All they do is compare tickets bought in each state.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8019--nfl.html

    By that measure, yes, about twice as many tickets have been purchased in Washington than in Colorado. But those two states only make up about 25% of overall sales. The other 75% of tickets are being sold to fans across the U.S. and mainly in New York state, and U.S.-wide, which team do you think is going to have more people rooting for it?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    denver
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by FieldisaPat View Post
    Don't worry about that. It's misleading. All they do is compare tickets bought in each state.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8019--nfl.html

    By that measure, yes, about twice as many tickets have been purchased in Washington than in Colorado. But those two states only make up about 25% of overall sales. The other 75% of tickets are being sold to fans across the U.S. and mainly in New York state, and U.S.-wide, which team do you think is going to have more people rooting for it?
    Exactly. New Yorker's will be for Manning, the rich and famous won't scream. Trust me, you will be able to hear every OMAHA!



    Incarcerated Bob is my Hero!!!!!!

    John Elway- Thank you for righting this ship! You are and always will be DA MAN!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    20
    Seattle fans are like 16 year olds who are getting keys and licenses for the first time.. inexperienced and soon they may just be dangerous with cars!

    Broncos fans are like professional race car drivers who have been there done that.. can drive 200 MPH while texting and avoiding accidents on 6th avenue in rush hour!

    We got this!
    THE ONLY MAGIC I BELIEVE IN IS MILE HIGH MAGIC!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,814
    Please, that report is garbage

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upper Moreland, PA
    Posts
    60
    I am hearing same thing, tweets from Super Bowl Blvd, 10 to 1 Seahawk jerseys, a friend of mine went to the Blvd on Thursday, said the same thing, but even if outnumbered, they shouldn't amount to more than 25% of crowd, neutral observers and New Yorkers will probably be pulling for the Broncos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    21
    I was listening to ESPN radio today on the way to NJ and one of the guys on the show said he had been there all week and said that about 70% of the fans he had seen were Seahawk fans. I hope this not the case at the game. Guess I will find out tomorrow when I get to the stadium.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mile High City
    Posts
    1,501
    I have heard quite a few Denver fans were flying in today or just arrived in NY/NJ, so I wouldn't put too much stock into those reports.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,814
    Does it really matter, there are so many NON Seattle and Bronco fans at this game. There will be non bronco fans sporting the Orange just to be part of the atmosphere. That's why this game is at a neutral site.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    341
    The Hawks won't have that 12th man with them, so it doesn't matter.
    "It's not wanting to win that makes you a winner, it's refusing to fail."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    4,941
    Instagram
    denverbroncos
    2 hours ago
    #Broncos fans in NYC for #SB48!
    Team Broncos!
    2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter07 View Post
    I was listening to ESPN radio today on the way to NJ and one of the guys on the show said he had been there all week and said that about 70% of the fans he had seen were Seahawk fans. I hope this not the case at the game. Guess I will find out tomorrow when I get to the stadium.
    I live in New York. I went down to the SB Blvd twice, and I saw more Broncos fans than Seattle fans. Macy's was mobbed with Broncos fans.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    111
    What are they smoking? Thats a great photo in NY with Broncos fans.

    9news was asking all the NY/NJ locals who they are rooting for, and almost everyone they interviewed were rooting for the Broncos!!!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    10,180
    There will be plenty of both. There may be more Seahawk fans there, but it wont be so many that it will make a difference in the game. Remember they are new to being good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •