Page 1 of 152 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: Postseason: 2014 SUPERBOWL 48: Seahawks vs Broncos

Well here we are.... for the first time in the Decade old history of this board, we have our first Official Bronco Superbowl thread! It is long overdue friends.

On to the thread.... a little bit of a bigger one for the big game.

It has been a heck of two weeks with so many stats and stories they have thrown at us... Peyton trying to be the first QB to win a Superbowl with a 2nd team. Peyton trying to win in Eli's house after Eli won in Peyton's house.

The number one offense vs # one defense... and how Peyton lost that match last time that occurred, but that was a seasoned Drew Brees he was facing not a 2nd year Russel Wilson. Also he didn't have as many weapons as he does this time.

Too much talk of a Legacy game for Manning, he is not thinking that way and neither are the Seahawk. They don't care they want to take the ring from him.

Peyton has 5 League MVPs, but what he wants is another Superbowl ring. Everyone will be watching to see how the Broncos Offense fares vs Seattle Defense. Few have addressed the issue of Denver's D vs Seattle's O. Seattle is a different team away from home and their offense has been limited as of late with a focus on their power run game. On the opposite side Denver D has improved and held opponents to 17 and under the last 4 games. (13-14-17-16) and the last two were after we had sizeable leads and the SD & NE were in desperation mode. FOX and Del RIo have been great the last two games and need to have a tremendous game plan for the Seahawks.

The Hawks lead the league in defense and their D is number one in limiting Yardage, YAC, Scoring and lead the league in turnovers.
    Denver's turnover differential is Zero. So we will need to protect the ball, don't fight for extra yards at the risk of a turnover. Hawks D will be fired up, no need to add to it.

I know they beat the Niners and Saints twice this year and have been on fire, but Denver has a 4 headed beast in Thomas-Decker-Thomas and Welker. Plus we have a two headed running back attack of Moreno and Ball. Peyton has no issue with a checkdown to a run play or hitting a RB in the flat. HE will do all he can to put us is favorable positions. He spreads the ball well which is why 5 players have 10 or more TDS on the team.

Sherman will lock his side down and Maxwell and Thurmond are no slackers. Cam Chancellor may be the best safety in the league. We need to keep Lynch in check and contain Wilson. When he breaks out of the pocket, bad things usually happen and he breaks off a run or worse hits a receiver deep on a broken play like he did vs San Fran in the Championship. We will need to Blitz wisely since our pass rush is lacking without Von Miller.

Manning and Gase changed the formula once we hit the playoffs. During the regular season Denver drives average 7 plays and 3 minutes. For the postseason Denver drives average 12 plays and 6 minutes. The result, our D is more rested, we limit opponent possessions and their scoring has went down. The Bronco offense scored an average of 10 points more per game than the # 2 offense in the league. We will need the O-line to protect... Manning has been in shotgun for about 79% of the snaps and has the ball out of is hand usually under 2 seconds. That means we need to make sure of our timing, the Hawks will do a lot of bump and run coverage to disrupt the routes. Peyton will need to be sure of his throws any over/under throw will most likely be picked off by the speed and size of the Seahawk secondary. Also the coverage will be tight and the refs will most likely swallow their whistled. This crew has called the least amount of PI. Ironically the two teams with the most PI calls this season were the Seahawks and the Broncos, so it can go either way. We have to hope the Broncos have planned well for this game and are the team we thought they were all year.

Many are picking Denver to win in a tight contest, but that means the smallest thing can make the biggest difference. This is really anybody's game. Let's hope Elway/Fox/Manning and Welker's experience here make the difference.

I would love Denver to win this game. I bleed Orange and Blue which is why I have been a member here since this board got off the ground.

I have 40 Bronco Jerseys, numerous clothing, A bronco room with pennants, plaques, lamps and decorations. Every area of my house is littered with Bronco Items and memorabillia down to my Elway autographed football. I have the Broncos logo tattooed on my arm. I met my wife here and we had a Bronco themed wedding. My dog is name McCaffrey and my son is named Myles.

I love this team and I am so glad they made it here, that being said... Win or Lose I will still love them Monday. I'll be upset but I won't go crazy if the unthinkable happens. I won't take it out on the boards, the other members here or make it harder for the Mods, they don't deserve it. I've been a fan a long time. I watched this team lose 3 Superbowls and Win two of them years later. Some teams never get that lucky. I was crushed when we lost to Jacksonville in 96 and when we lost to Pitt in 05 , but life goes on. I am proud of this team and that they made it here at all. I want them to play their best and not shoot themselves in the foot and show Bronco Pride.
    UNITED IN ORANGE TOGETHER WE RIDE!!!! GO BRONCOS!!!! Get us a 3rd ring!
    Last edited by Elway; 02-01-2014 at 10:44 PM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

oh god!! The official thread is here! This is nearing the final stretch isn't it! I need a time machine to jump forward 18 hours to pregame to get this show started up!

GO BRONCOS!

Time to ride!! Getty up boys!! It's officially Super Bowl Sunday on the east coast!!

Let's do this.
    Only winners get wings.

Stampede on 'em!!!!!!!

It is TIME TO RIDE!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

It is an honor to be the 7th post on this thread!!! ^^^

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that I believe if we can find a way to score more points than the Seahawks do tomorrow, we might just be able to come away with a win.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

I support Kaepernick 100%

Go Broncos!

Let's finish this season with a SB win!
    Team Broncos!
    2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

If the Broncos is up by 17+ points I don't see the Seahawks coming back and winning the game.....
    I support Kaepernick 100%

This will be one of those games we will be talking about for decades... GO BRONCOS! This one's for Champ!
    res ipsa loquitur

We're in the Superbowl, guys!

Sig by Blondie79

What a season!!! And it all comes down to this. I will be low on sleep and probably sick as a dog as I feel a cold coming on but that won't stop me from cheering louder than I ever have!!! Man I can't wait.

I've been waiting for our Super Bowl thread since the moment I joined (I'm sure much longer for the older BCMB members).

I think my excitement and adrenaline finally kicked in for Super Bowl Sunday once Elway posted this thread. It is all real now. I'm hoping for a great game and a BRONCOS win!!