View Poll Results: When would you allow your offense to go for it on 4th down?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st Qtr

4 26.67%
  • 2nd Qtr

2 13.33%
  • 3rd Qtr

8 53.33%
  • 4th Qtr

1 6.67%
  • Never

0 0%
Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast
    The whole season we took advantage of what the defenses gave us. Yesterday we looked like we were desperate and therefore forcing passes. There was a particular play that stood out...Welker was open in the middle yet Manning kept his eyes to the outside, hung on to the ball waiting for the outside WR to get open, and threw an incomplete pass.
    Manning was not the sole purpose of this loss but he had his hand in it just like everyone else.

I blame the loss on the coaches not having the players prepared. We got out played in every aspect of the game. Granted our defense was decimated with injuries but our special teams were horrible, the call for a pooch kick when you have one of the best kickers in the league was a bad call by Fox.

Our O-line was MANHANDLED all night and could not protect Peyton long enough for him to allow the receivers to get any separation from the DB's.

We were out coached period.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Everyone acts like there is never going to be another Super Bowl.

There is something special happening here in Denver. Even if we didn't win it all this season. We are still the class of the AFC. We will have more chances with Peyton still here. Everything will be okay.

Through great triumph comes great disappointment.

Look at Seattle last season and in 2005 vs. Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.

We will be fine. Trust me.

I have said this a lot on facebook - The darkness of last night will make the light shine even brighter when we hoist our third Lombardi....hopefully next season!! GO BRONCOS!!! Just remember, the Miami Heat lost in the Finals with their "Dream Team" and now look at them on the cusp of a Three-Peat!

NEVER stop believing!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by FieldisaPat View Post
    "Happy feet" is how he plays. Always. He constantly hops and readjusts his feet. That's why his feet are almost always in the right place when he wants to throw. The idea of the "happy feet" being a negative or caused by him being nervous is a weak narrative created by the media. Anyone who watched him his entire career in Indy is very familiar with the way he hops around.
    Some happy feet are expected, and are no problem.

However...

When you can only measure his "happy feet" in Beats per Minute x 1000, then it's a big red flag. He was so wound up and overexcited that he couldn't settle down and just hit the occasional open man.

So yeah... bounce around, shift your body, that's fine. When your feet are "happy" enough to cause a small seismic event, that indicates a clear problem with nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighInNY View Post
    What else could he have done with entire offensive line getting absolutely dominated on every single play? Both of his INTs were caused by defensive pressure and Seattle players hitting the ball or Manning's arm, and he had no time to step up in the pocket to find open receivers downfield. I don't see how any other QB could have done any better in the same situation.

The whole team simply got outplayed yesterday. The loss was not Manning's fault; it was the fault of the entire football team, including the coaches. Manning contributed to the loss as well, but he's pretty far down the list of major culprits, if you ask me.
    This is a gross exaggeration. Yes, there was some pressure. One sack and several hurries. It's not like he was broken and battered out there. It was a good defense, but Manning was rattled and couldn't respond to it. He led his offense directly into the uncontrollable spiral, which led to being blown out. If Manning stays composed and hits his open receivers, it's still a game. Instead, he started coughing up the football to the other team, and was digging a hole that they really couldn't recover from.

Having a defender hit your arm while you throw a pick six doesn't absolve him from the stupidity of trying that throw in the first place.

"Close your eyes and pray" isn't sound strategy for a quarterback with a defender in his face.
    This post may or may not have been written while under the influence of alcohol, and I disclaim all responsibility for its contents, herein...

Well since some of you fans want to put the whole blame on Manning just release him and you won't have to worry about getting beat in the Big Game because you won't get to the Big Game to get beat and the receivers that were average at best will go back to being average. This whole team was out played and out coached. Only an idiot couldn't have seen that. The coaches were out coached. Manning took the whole blame as he always has done and it was a Team Loss not an individual players loss. Last I knew Football was a team sport.

Quote Originally Posted by DishWater View Post
    Hopefully you didn't get stuck getting screened at the trains. That whole transit system SUCKED.
    Lucky for me I drove to the game. I seen the lines for the trains after the game and it was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
    The line gave him time and he held on to the ball to long and he missed Julian Thomas on a seem route wide open in front of his vision. Even the Manning apolgist at our superbowl party said in the beginning of the game that Manning had time. He got happy feet and looked panicked. Then the 2nd INT when he close his eyes.....SMH
    He was hit on both throws.

If 3 seconds is time, then ok.

Seattle Beat Us!!!!

I keep reading all of this board the reason for the loss, people blaming the coaches or Manning or this one or that one. The truth is we got beat by a better team made up of better players.....

I'm hurting as much as all of you are, but give the Seahawks some credit, they took us to the wood shed. Now what Elway & company need to do is make this team better so we can compete with the Seattle's & the 49ER's. It will be a tall task, but Elway is a smart guy & he can get it done...

The loss wasn't Manning's fault or the coaches fault, if your going to blame anyone or anything blame Seattle for imposing their will on the Broncos, cause that's what happened....

The only negative thing I will say about Manning is, if you really want to win & get a couple more rings, take a pay cut or restructure your contract. This team will not get better by losing Decker or DRC or Moreno. This team will only get better by keeping key pieces & adding key pieces. Wont be able to do that being cap strapped & Manning can help with that. Just my ..........
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    I wanted to believe.

This was the year. Everything was lined up, for Manning to silence his critics and win the big one.

I've been pretty vocally anti-manning, but this year, he actually seemed different. He was playing calm, composed football this postseason, and even though he didn't need any "heroic" play, he was solid, and closed out games decisively. He seemed to be saying all the right things during the week off, and appeared loose, cool, and collected, with a good bit of "perspective" leading up to the game.

As the days counted down to the super bowl, I was more and more in the "Broncos can't lose this one" camp. We were going against a pretty good defense with the "best" (not my belief) offense ever, and our defense was overachieving, so stopping Seattle shouldn't have been a problem. The only real X factor was Manning, and I was starting to come around to him having a decent game.

My, how quickly that changed...

One play into the game, Manning choked, and folded like a cheap napkin. Even I was shocked at how visibly shaken he was. We were down 5-0, after a terrible start, but he was playing like we were down 40 points with no hope of coming back.

He was wound up tighter than an 8 day clock, and his "happy feet" could only be measured in 1000's of Beats per Minute. It was alarming, even to a consistent Manning critic. Tossing up a pick-6 with closed eyes would be appalling from any quarterback, let alone a HoF "GOAT" team leader.

Manning apologists, predictably, arrived on the scene early, with canned excuses, and blaming any and every body else, but this downward spiral was led directly by Manning himself. The game was salvageable, even through the first half. The defense managed to buffer the early hits, but one look at Manning's demeanor, and you just knew that it was already over.

What's the point...?

Over the last couple weeks I was getting ready to be "that guy". The one who was foolish enough to doubt Manning. The Peyver Manncos were going to be world champs, and I was going to be one of the "morons" who was against him the whole time. I foresaw a very unpleasant posting future for myself

Unfortunately, I was right about Manning. And it sucks. Hard. I couldn't sleep at all last night, and couldn't bring myself to even post one gripe or complaint. I was just pancaked. (Having pneumonia for 2 weeks doesn't help...)

And it gets worse...

This off season, there will be nothing new to discuss. Fox will stay. Manning will stay. Nothing will change, and we'll start this drama up again next year. Manning will still have his loyal apologists, and nothing will be his fault.

Elway gambled all of his chips on Manning & Fox, and now we have to see it through to the river. Unfortunately, this was the year where everything was perfectly in place to win it all. The only thing that could stand in our way was an epic Manning choke.

As usual, Manning delivered.
    This guy ^^^ is a Tebow guy, right?????
    Dread it.Run from it.

Vegas and many pundits had this game 50/50 which looking at both teams throughout the season and their ups and downs it should have been.

Seattles D was charged up and played well, but Denver looked under-prepared and made a lot of self inflicted mistakes. It looked like the first 3 quarters of the Indy game where the focus just wasn't there.

Only the players/coaches will know why that was.

The entire team didn't show up at all. Yeah Manning chocked, but the whole team was out played and out coached. It was like we weren't prepared at all for this game and sad thing is we had two weeks to prepare and we weren't. This loss really hurts.....

The game was still within our reach to come back in the first half...we blew it..couldnt convert 3rd downs...crossing routes shut down. The defense gave us the shot in the First half....Offense couldnt get it together plain and simple.

really the Offense looked as tho whatever game plan they had was shut down and there was no plan B. The pass rush was effecting manning...there was a couple times he did have time and completed thos e passes.

Our WR's seemed out of sort also...maybe to much game tape preperation...like they watched so much game tape that it took some confidence away from Denver .

Seattle corners mauled the WR's and we didnt know how to respond.

Then came the kick off return after half.....the game was over at that point. Denver was so rattled nothing went right.

It wasnt meant to be.

Broncos Didn't Complete Their Goal.Where do they go from here? What's our next moves?

The Broncos didn't complete their goal to win the Super Bowl this year. They fell short and flat of the Ultimate Win. The Broncos couldn't overcome all of the miscues. Simply didn't get things going their way. From the coin flip all the way to final buzzer.

We can look at a lot of the areas that fell short. The offense didn't do as expected. The special teams didn't execute. The coaches didn't prepare the players well-enough to execute. Believe it or not, our defense played well early and wasn't strong late in the game.

I know the Broncos will return to the Super Bowl in 2014/2015 under Peyton Manning's command of the offense. Denver must strongly UPGRADE their defense. We have to get bigger, stronger, and faster. We need Big Strong Safeties, Big Strong Cornerbacks, and Super Effecient & Relentless Pass Rushers. We need to be more aggressive at the line against oppossing receivers. To compete for the Super Bowl Win, Denver has to have a defense that is feared as much as their offense. We need a True ORANGE CRUSH DEFENSE.

Oh, I didn't forget. The Broncos need to Upgrade in the fans department. Fans must travel better. We were outfanned in the stands. It was almost like being in Seattle. The noise level was so loud when we were on offense and extremely less noisy when we were on defense. We the fans must be known more than having a loud stadium, but we must become the Number One 12th Man fans in the league.

Our next moves should be to upgrade our defense in the draft, free agency, and trade. Our offense is solid and we need to keep our personnel and make even better improvements. The Broncos must be willing to do what is necessary to make the right personnel changes to have a stifling relentles, and dominating defense.

Yes, we were disappointed this Super Bowl Sunday, but this is our team and we will continue to cheer and root for them. Getter better Bronco coaches, players, fans..........TEAM.

I will be here all week. Go Broncos 2014/2015 and beyond!
    Last edited by Emancipator; 02-03-2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Vegas and many pundits had this game 50/50 which looking at both teams throughout the season and their ups and downs it should have been.

Seattles D was charged up and played well, but Denver looked under-prepared and made a lot of self inflicted mistakes. It looked like the first 3 quarters of the Indy game where the focus just wasn't there.

Only the players/coaches will know why that was.
    I know man, but we all saw who the better team was last night. Don't get me wrong, I hate it & I cant stand the Seahawks. I cant lie to myself & say that we beat ourselves or it was Manning's fault or coach Fox. They just kicked our tails, that defense of theirs is the real deal. Hopefully Elway learns something from it & tries to make our defense similar....
    Dread it.Run from it.

It's easy to blame the players on the field for yesterday's loss because we can actually see how bad they played.

My blame goes to the position coaches, offensive/defensive coordinators, and head coach.

These guys should of had a plan A, plan B, and plan C for what they faced yesterday.