View Poll Results: When would you allow your offense to go for it on 4th down?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st Qtr

4 26.67%
  • 2nd Qtr

2 13.33%
  • 3rd Qtr

8 53.33%
  • 4th Qtr

1 6.67%
  • Never

0 0%
Page 45 of 97 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    I wanted to believe.

This was the year. Everything was lined up, for Manning to silence his critics and win the big one.

I've been pretty vocally anti-manning, but this year, he actually seemed different. He was playing calm, composed football this postseason, and even though he didn't need any "heroic" play, he was solid, and closed out games decisively. He seemed to be saying all the right things during the week off, and appeared loose, cool, and collected, with a good bit of "perspective" leading up to the game.

As the days counted down to the super bowl, I was more and more in the "Broncos can't lose this one" camp. We were going against a pretty good defense with the "best" (not my belief) offense ever, and our defense was overachieving, so stopping Seattle shouldn't have been a problem. The only real X factor was Manning, and I was starting to come around to him having a decent game.

My, how quickly that changed...

One play into the game, Manning choked, and folded like a cheap napkin. Even I was shocked at how visibly shaken he was. We were down 5-0, after a terrible start, but he was playing like we were down 40 points with no hope of coming back.

He was wound up tighter than an 8 day clock, and his "happy feet" could only be measured in 1000's of Beats per Minute. It was alarming, even to a consistent Manning critic. Tossing up a pick-6 with closed eyes would be appalling from any quarterback, let alone a HoF "GOAT" team leader.

Manning apologists, predictably, arrived on the scene early, with canned excuses, and blaming any and every body else, but this downward spiral was led directly by Manning himself. The game was salvageable, even through the first half. The defense managed to buffer the early hits, but one look at Manning's demeanor, and you just knew that it was already over.

What's the point...?

Over the last couple weeks I was getting ready to be "that guy". The one who was foolish enough to doubt Manning. The Peyver Manncos were going to be world champs, and I was going to be one of the "morons" who was against him the whole time. I foresaw a very unpleasant posting future for myself

Unfortunately, I was right about Manning. And it sucks. Hard. I couldn't sleep at all last night, and couldn't bring myself to even post one gripe or complaint. I was just pancaked. (Having pneumonia for 2 weeks doesn't help...)

And it gets worse...

This off season, there will be nothing new to discuss. Fox will stay. Manning will stay. Nothing will change, and we'll start this drama up again next year. Manning will still have his loyal apologists, and nothing will be his fault.

Elway gambled all of his chips on Manning & Fox, and now we have to see it through to the river. Unfortunately, this was the year where everything was perfectly in place to win it all. The only thing that could stand in our way was an epic Manning choke.

As usual, Manning delivered.
    Only a short-sighted Manning hater could look at that game in which all phases of play crapped the bed and call it the result of a Manning choke. I'm very sorry Manning snapped the ball early on the safety, and that Manning called a short kick to Harvin, and then failed to tackle him on his way to a run back touchdown. I'm very sorry Manning fumbled the ball multiple times to stall drives or turn the ball over. I'm very sorry that Manning allowed the Seahawks to convert on so many of their third downs.

Manning did not play well. Neither did anyone on the team in any phase. The coaches also crapped the bed. No level of elevated play from Manning was going to change that game to a W.

Does he deserve his share of the blame? Absolutely. But attempting to hang this game on a Manning choke makes you look like a fool. You have an agenda, everyone knows it, and I can just imagine how glad you were to have the opportunity to post more of your drivel. Probably just salivating at the thought.

I think sports are like NASCAR; if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying...

I was at a Broncos Super Bowl party yesterday and I really did feel badly for my friend.

It just looked like Seattle was ready and Denver was not yesterday.

CK

Quote Originally Posted by jkinder33 View Post
    Klis said the crowd was about 50k strong with Seahawks fans out of 80k at the stadium. Thats unbelievable. Would you say that was the case. I think the noise threw peyton off a bit
    I was at the game and sitting in the lower bowl at the 10 right about where we started. Was it loud? Yes, but it was much louder at the AFC championship game.

It is a major over statement to say they outnumbered us. Honestly I thought it pretty even and there was a lot of Orange out there. Was there fan base vocal? Yes.

I believe the issue at the opening is when we are at home it's Orange Hush. You can hear everything. It seemed we expected the same treatment here which is just stupid.

I mean the last truly hostile crowd we faced was Kansas City. Should have been prepared.

BTW, this exact same thing happened on the first snap against New England , but manning caught it. Granted this snap was way worse and he was not as ready, but ***.

We looked flat and should hav been able to respond given the defense actually kept us in it after a terrible first quarter.

It was a tough game to be a fan at especially after being at AFC Championship game and seeing how we played there.

Field you're missing the point. The defense in the beginning held Seattle to 2 field goals.....WITH BAD FIELD POSITION! We were down 5-0 then 8-0 And like the poster said Manning got tight!

Looks like Dave Logan took the day off.

104.3 has The Drive with Big Al and D-Mac, they're good too.

Anyone else listening to this?

I thought they just didn't look right after that first play, I am still kinda stuck there? I got real bad vibes from that play, and the momentum swing was like none I have ever witnessed.
    Disappointed, but still love our BRONCOS!

Big Al is right. The moment was too big for Manning.

You can't let that happen at all.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    My dad(eagles fan) mention something about that yesterday. How much bigger their defense seemed and how they just looked stronger/faster/ and just bigger. I'm not accusing them of anything it was just an observation we saw last night.
    They are big, I got to see them this year when they played the cards. Big and fast compared to other teams i've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
    Field you're missing the point. The defense in the beginning held Seattle to 2 field goals.....WITH BAD FIELD POSITION! We were down 5-0 then 8-0 And like the poster said Manning got tight!
    What else could he have done with entire offensive line getting absolutely dominated on every single play? Both of his INTs were caused by defensive pressure and Seattle players hitting the ball or Manning's arm, and he had no time to step up in the pocket to find open receivers downfield. I don't see how any other QB could have done any better in the same situation.

The whole team simply got outplayed yesterday. The loss was not Manning's fault; it was the fault of the entire football team, including the coaches. Manning contributed to the loss as well, but he's pretty far down the list of major culprits, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Yes and No.

They draft, sign, big, long players.

Their CB's are long, safeties, mainly Chancellor is huge.

LB's are long and athletic.

DL is fast.

It's an extremely good defense.

That said, i wouldnt be surprised if they were on HGH.
    They draft well, a lot of their guys are lower round draft picks, hell I think they grabbed Sherman in the 3rd... We need to draft like them...
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 02-03-2014 at 04:48 PM.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Last time I checked Seattle scored 43 points. The Broncos didn't lose 8-0. The pick six added 7 to that total, so that's 15. That still leaves a lot of points. Please don't try and tell me that a defense that allows 43 points played well. Our defense made Russell Wilson look like an elite quarterback yesterday. In his previous two playoff games, he looked pedestrian at best.

I'm not denying Manning did not play up to par. I'm simply also acknowledging that neither did the defense, nor the offensive line, nor the special teams, nor the running game, nor the receivers, and the coaches made some very suspect decisions. This was the definition of a team loss, yet some people will still try to hang it on Manning's shoulders as a choke, for no other reason than they have an agenda to do so. The OP is exactly that kind of person.

I'm not missing the point at all. The entire team mailed it in yesterday, but the OP is willing to overlook the poor play of everyone on the team except number 18 because that is his MO and that is what he does. I doubt it will surprise anyone.

The line gave him time and he held on to the ball to long and he missed Julian Thomas on a seem route wide open in front of his vision. Even the Manning apolgist at our superbowl party said in the beginning of the game that Manning had time. He got happy feet and looked panicked. Then the 2nd INT when he close his eyes.....SMH

My biggest surprise was that we didn't try any trick plays to get our offense going early. It was clear by the 2nd quarter that our offense wasn't doing anything and we needed to make a play. I'm not too big on trick plays usually but in the Super Bowl you have to try to do something to gain momentum. Our offensive line takes most of the blame in my opinion for this loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    They draft well, a lot of there guys are lower round draft picks, hell I think they grabbed Sherman in the 3rd... We need to draft like them...
    Sherman and Chancellor were in the 5th.

Wagner was in the 2nd.

Wright and Malcolm Smith were in the 3rd and 4th.

Maxwell was in the 6th.

Crazy scouting department.

The line gave him time and he held on to the ball to long and he missed Julian Thomas on a seem route wide open in front of his vision. Even the Manning apolgist at our superbowl party said in the beginning of the game that Manning had time. He got happy feet and looked panicked. Then the 2nd INT when he close his eyes.....SMH
    "Happy feet" is how he plays. Always. He constantly hops and readjusts his feet. That's why his feet are almost always in the right place when he wants to throw. The idea of the "happy feet" being a negative or caused by him being nervous is a weak narrative created by the media. Anyone who watched him his entire career in Indy is very familiar with the way he hops around.

The first interception was a bad throw. The second one his arm got hit. He probably should've chosen to take the sack or try and tuck and get out of it, but you can't deny the pressure he was under on that play. Regardless, I am not excusing him of those mistakes.

But take your SMH and shake it at the fumbles too. And at the botched snap to start the game which was in no way Manning's fault. And at the kick decision to Harvin, and the coverage team that disappeared as he ran by on his way to six. And the poor tackling. Etc, etc, etc.

Do you see my point?

You, like the OP, are perfectly happy to dwell on the mistakes Manning made and to hang the loss on them, but entirely unwilling to acknowledge the fact that they were essentially two mistakes (albeit costly) in an absolute torrent of mistakes that went on throughout the entire game.

Manning did not lose this game. The entire Broncos team, coaches included, lost this game. It was probably the most complete team loss I've seen in a very long time.

But don't let that get in the way of your agenda. Manning only has two modes to you people, "Win Super Bowl" or "Choke". There is no grey.