Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Did it not seem like he gave up and had a lack of leadership tonight or am I just still severely angry about this loss?
    If you wanna say Peyton choked it up, I would disagree, but I would also understand that argument. But to say that he didn't care is absurd. If he didn't care he wouldn't have completed nearly 300 yards and more completions than anybody else in the history of the Superbowl.

Peyton is not the sole reason we lost and to put it all on his shoulders is silly. The oline was bad today. One of his INTs was a bad throw, but the other was a tip. Peyton didn't snap the ball over his head. Peyton didn't fumble like DT did. Peyton didn't allow Percy Harvin to run a kick back. Peyton threw a bad INT.

The Seahawks defense also played lights out. They're the real deal. Their whole team played infinitely more physically than our team. They were ready to make big plays in big moments. Our team was not. Our team was unprepared to play mistake free football against the best defense in the NFL. The defense was the only thing that showed up. The Seahawks played tougher than the Broncos. It isn't on one player's shoulders, it's on the whole team, from coaches on down.

Quote Originally Posted by jkinder33 View Post
    Oh man, when Demaryious jumped backwards a few times and didnt get the 1st down i almost lost my mind
    Me too. I thought my eyeballs were going to pop. I couldn't beleive how poorly prepared the offense seemed to be. I thought it would be Seattle making the stupid mistakes, being young. Nope. It was us.

Id love to hear from someone at the game thinks the fan breakdown was. The Hawks fans sounded loud but so did the broncos. It sounded on TV though that hawks fans had an advantage which is hard to believe with how deep our fan base is. I mean seriously, who is a seahawks fan except for a person from Washington.
    Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    If you wanna say Peyton choked it up, I would disagree, but I would also understand that argument. But to say that he didn't care is absurd. If he didn't care he wouldn't have completed nearly 300 yards and more completions than anybody else in the history of the Superbowl.

Peyton is not the sole reason we lost and to put it all on his shoulders is silly. The oline was bad today. One of his INTs was a bad throw, but the other was a tip. Peyton didn't snap the ball over his head. Peyton didn't fumble like DT did. Peyton didn't allow Percy Harvin to run a kick back. Peyton threw a bad INT.

The Seahawks defense also played lights out. They're the real deal. Their whole team played infinitely more physically than our team. They were ready to make big plays in big moments. Our team was not. Our team was unprepared to play mistake free football against the best defense in the NFL. The defense was the only thing that showed up. The Seahawks played tougher than the Broncos. It isn't on one player's shoulders, it's on the whole team, from coaches on down.
    I think you are misinterpreting the word leadership. To say someone lacked leadership does not imply they did not care.

I feel like not having to cover punts and kickoffs all post season hurt us. I also think we lacked that deadly edge to really win a dog fight. We just didnt have the killer instinct tonight. We need to get that edge. We win easy all year and then fold like a cheap suit if the going gets tough.

Quote Originally Posted by fightinglee View Post
    I think you are misinterpreting the word leadership. To say someone lacked leadership does not imply they did not care.
    The post I quoted said that "it looked like he didn't care" which is an absurd assertion.

Manning whiffed...period.

He looked like a QB under tremendous pressure to win, wound tight and I think it rubbed off on the guys. He definitely was not the loose, in control guy I had witnessed the previous two games.

I do not even blame the play calling. Manning has three or four options on every call. I think he was playing safe, he just looked uncomfortable form the first snap.

I didn't put it solely on Peyton. Peyton just didn't seem to be himself tonight. I don't like when he isn't!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
    Manning's weakness are below:

1. Weaker arm that will be exposed if he has to throw off his back foot or have to gun it inside tighter windows against aggressive and speedier Ds like the Seahawks.

2. Can't extend the play as much like a Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers or even Andrew Luck to find a guy who gets open after the first few seconds.

3. Won't be able to take off and run on a 4th & 2 or 3rd & 3 to get you that critical first down. Won't do QB sneaks as often.

Strengths: Cerebral aspect off the charts

However, cerebral aspects can only help you if your opponent does not have the horses to line up and match up with you for 60 minutes. Intangibles come in to play more when stalemates happen vs elite teams. No matter who it is - Montana, Bradshaw, Brady, Big Ben, Elway or Eli, winning multiple rings requires a LOT of help from the defensive side of the ball. A model heavily relying on an offense to score in the high 20s and low 30s will more often fall short vs elite defensive units.

Manning's record vs top 5 Ds has been around the .600 mark his entire career, EVEN IN THE REGULAR SEASON. So, when he falters in the postseason, fans need to keep things in perspective knowing he is going to win 2 out of every 3 games at best vs elite competition.

Manning had a bad game today, and it was compounded by sloppy D and ST as well for the margin.
    this is fair analysis. People that can find no fault in manning will not like it. I love Manning. I want him here for as long as he will stay, but then he needs to take a cut to help us field a better team. 20 mil, you either have to take a cut, or figure out how to throw passes for more than 3 yards and count on your WR to get you 12 YAC.

For people who point to his stats, well, that's exactly what his critics always point to. Stat collector. Yeah, he made a lot of completion. We had 0 points in the first half and no first downs in the first quarter. Hooray for a crap load of completions though that got us nowhere and ended in dead drives. Sometimes, you need a big play. And if all you saw in that game was his stat line, then you missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Manning whiffed...period.

He looked like a QB under tremendous pressure to win, wound tight and I think it rubbed off on the guys. He definitely was not the loose, in control guy I had witnessed the previous two games.

I do not even blame the play calling. Manning has three or four options on every call. I think he was playing safe, he just looked uncomfortable form the first snap.
    It just spiraled out of control from the get go.

The post I quoted said that "it looked like he didn't care" which is an absurd assertion.
    Did it look like he cared or had a sense of urgency on his face? I didn't see that at all tonight.

He looked scared, shell shocked, and out of it....his team fed off of that.

Your General and Captain should be strong and lead you into battle with authority, not cower at obstacles.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

The line you quoted says nothing about not caring. It said it seemed he gave up and lacked leadership. His play on the field seemed like it gave up too, as did the play calling.

How many times have you seen a ball hiked over the q-backs head on the first play? That must have been pretty unsettling for all of them. Manning was under pressure to win, if he doesn't play great, we won't. Our defense did pretty good for this year, but when was the last time we got a turnover? Not too often. Also, we need some special teams that are really "special." This year they have been more of a liability. I was relieved when we started a drive from the 20 and that wears on an offense.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    he just looked uncomfortable form the first snap.
    Yeah, the game was lost from the first snap tbh. After that it became a case of Murphy's Law. Too much momentum against the team for them to feel any confidence.

Did it look like he cared or had a sense of urgency on his face? I didn't see that at all tonight.

Your General and Captain should be strong and lead you into battle with authority, not cower at obstacles.
    Umm yes he looked like he cared. He played like he cared. The Seahawks just flat out played better. Peyton got rattled due to whatever factors were coming at him, and he didn't play as well as we expected him to. That doesn't mean that he didn't care or that he wasn't acting urgently. There's only so much Peyton could've done. There's only so much any QB could've done.

The look on his face looked like he thought we were screwed, and that was in the first quarter when we were down by one score. Honestly. From the get go he looked phased. After the safety, my wife said, "Why does he look like we just lost?" Everyone agreed he looked scared and worried.

I agree. It was 2 points. And then 5. That was nothing. Suck it up and get out there and kick butt. He looked demoralized.