Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fightinglee View Post
    The look on his face looked like he thought we were screwed, and that was in the first quarter when we were down by one score. Honestly. From the get go he looked phased. After the safety, my wife said, "Why does he look like we just lost?" Everyone agreed he looked scared and worried.

I agree. It was 2 points. And then 5. That was nothing. Suck it up and get out there and kick butt. He looked demoralized.
    You are so right!! Good post!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
    Like many said before the game, He's still the best of all time to a lot of people as is, and depending on what he does going forward, the list of people that look at him as the best will grow.

Anyone that even remotely considers Brady to be in the best or top 5 best conversation should know that when the Giants put heavy pressure on Brady in the 07 season Super Bowl, they took him out of his game and he couldn't play at the level that was expected from him. The same thing happened to Manning, only the whole team imploded today so it was a huge blowout instead of a one or two score game. Throw Montana, Brady, Elway, or whoever in that same situation and they have a huge mountain to climb just to stay even with the other team.
    Yes, couldnt agree more. Peyton didnt have time, receivers were jammed plus rest of team imploded equals blow out. Poeple expect peyton to make plays moving in the pocket but thats not what he does. Good example on brady. This would have been different if the oline gave peyton all day.
    Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Welker dropped a huge pass in the Giants game.....smh

That wasnt the only shot of the sideline. Shortly after that he was next to Gase (I think it was Gase). Go look at him. Its the expression and body language he carried for the rest of the game.
    He had the "we had a big missed opportunity" look. I don't really know what look you think he should've had.
    Last edited by BroncsSB#3; 02-02-2014 at 11:53 PM.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
    Doogan I think you are one of the few fans who actually has knowledge about football and you are objective. I understand Manning did lead us bac, but Colts and Pats D is not the Seahawks D
    But the suggestion was just that he folds under pressure, or loses confidence if his cerebral efforts don't lead to a blowout win. I gave three examples, just this year, where that wasn't the case.

Even the Cowboys game where they began hot and Romo played like Marino in Tecmo Bowl. He kept with it even though his defense gave up almost 600 yards and he threw his first pick of the season. He lead so many critical plays in that 4th quarter.

It doesn't matter if those teams weren't Seattle. Manning didn't just fold because things weren't going well. The entire team was completely shocked by how things started. Even Seattle seemed shocked until they were up by 22.

I am just flabbergasted how the best offense of all time could only muster up a measly 8 points in the SUPER BOWL!!

How does that happen?

I truly believe this loss makes us stronger and even more hungry for next season.

Peyton, please make these demons go away!! I still believe in you!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Well, I don't like sitting here and ripping Manning. I agree that he is great. I don't want another QB. And yes, I have also said in more than one post on here tonight, that he got us there. My last posts here on this thread are not indicative of my complete feelings of manning. He is incredible.

My only point though, is that he played badly TONIGHT. I personally think he looked rattled, and it affected everyone. It's easy to see why he got rattled, but it still had an affect. Just as bad as Manning though, was the game plan that I thought was HORRID. You couldn't come into this game and assume Seattle was giving you YAC.

Dang though, Seattle was good. Much better than I thought.

Manning had time tonight whoever said he didn't is blowing it out of proportion

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Brady, Rodgers, or Brees wouldn't have beaten those Seahawks tonight either.
    Great post all around, as most of Peyton's critics seem to shrug off the times when he does lead a team back in a game or win big games or make big plays in big moments. But the quoted is the most important thing said in this thread. The Seahawks would have dominated ANY team except for maybe the 49ers. They played better in all three phases of the game. Peyton didn't play very well because the Hawks did. It was the combination of BOTH. So to place the blame solely on Manning and call him a choker or say that he gave up or any of that is ridiculous IMO.

He had the "we had a missed opportunity" look. I don't really know what look you think he should've had.
    we'll just have to agree to disagree. I thought he looked demoralized the entire game. I was not alone.I know that. You saw something else. Oh well, won't spend all night arguing with you on our different interpretations.

He had the "we had a missed opportunity" look. I don't really know what look you think he should've had.
    Manning is about execution. Any turnover, or drive that simply doesn't lead to a score is a missed opportunity in his mind.

There were moments at the very beginning that could have changed everything. There were moments when they were driving and then blew it. Even down 22-0 at half, the game was far from over. Giving up a short kickoff to Harvin, and then missing him 6 times as he pinballed through orange jerseys? Dagger in the heart.

When down by 29, Manning was still trying to make plays. His receivers were still trying to make plays. No matter what they did, they never got off the ground though.

People are seeing what they want to see. He didn't give up. He probably resigned when it was 36-8, or whatever, but that's just sensible, not the attitude of a quitter.

Well, I don't like sitting here and ripping Manning. I agree that he is great. I don't want another QB. And yes, I have also said in more than one post on here tonight, that he got us there. My last posts here on this thread are not indicative of my complete feelings of manning. He is incredible.

My only point though, is that he played badly TONIGHT. I personally think he looked rattled, and it affected everyone. It's easy to see why he got rattled, but it still had an affect. Just as bad as Manning though, was the game plan that I thought was HORRID. You couldn't come into this game and assume Seattle was giving you YAC.

Dang though, Seattle was good. Much better than I thought.
    I agree so much about the gameplan. The first little short slant completed (to Welker I think) where he got lit up and didn't pick up jack, that was when I thought "surely they don't think Seattle is gonna fall for that stuff." Turns out I was wrong, because the Broncos tried to play the way they played all year. The Seahawks successfully stopped us from doing what we did all year and we pretty much had no response to what they were doing.

Manning is about execution. Any turnover, or drive that simply doesn't lead to a score is a missed opportunity in his mind.

There were moments at the very beginning that could have changed everything. There were moments when they were driving and then blew it. Even down 22-0 at half, the game was far from over. Giving up a short kickoff to Harvin, and then missing him 6 times as he pinballed through orange jerseys? Dagger in the heart.

When down by 29, Manning was still trying to make plays. His receivers were still trying to make plays. No matter what they did, they never got off the ground though.

People are seeing what they want to see. He didn't give up. He probably resigned when it was 36-8, or whatever, but that's just sensible, not the attitude of a quitter.
    I dont think he's a quitter. For whatever reason, though, tonight. He just didn't seem confident. Perhaps he just realized Seattle was better.I don't know. Maybe he realized his deep ball was off, or maybe it's none of those things and you're right, he was full of fire and I just failed to notice.

Weird play calls at time. The run at 3rd and long when we desperately needed a score was a killer.

If you think through the game its just one of those games where everything goes wrong. Credit to the Seahawks D but we lost the coin toss which we like to defer. We hike it over peytons head, they drive it down the field and kick field goal. Three and out. Crowd is really loud. Klis says 50k seahawks fans. Interception and another FG. Down 8-0 At this point the team is already starting to doubt themselves. Nothing is going there way, they havent moved the ball. Crowd is loud. Drive it down field scraping along and then pick six. Now were really in trouble. Give up a TD 22-0 at half then unbelievably we give up a kick off TD 29-0 game over. Fumbling etc etc. It was like watching a game that if you picked everything that could go wrong it happened. Just unbelievable.
    Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Yeah I mean it doesn't even make sense. There has never been a player more driven than Peyton. He's the guy that had 4 neck surgeries and didn't know if he could ever play the game again and he came back to have the best passing season that anyone's ever had and the best season of his career. How would anyone possibly think that he would just give up on the game that is this important after going down by 2 points? That goes against everything that he's accomplished and overcame for his whole football career.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos