• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkinder33
    Bench Warmer
    • Aug 2011

Peytons Legacy Chat

You know, im starting to get pretty pissed at all the legacy talk. I dont think ive ever seen a player that is still playing get his legacy talked about this much. People straight up go crazy over legacy talk and are out right mean. Straight up bashing a guy in peyton that has done nothing but be an ambassador to the game. Im not a peyton homer but these attacks are really starting to get to me. The guy has been to 3 superbowls and won 1 of them. He's a top 10 QB all time and could be debated about #1 but why all the hate before hes retired. He had a bad game tonight but theres plenty of blame to go around including O line and Special teams. How can a guy have a good game with pass rushers in his face all game. What ive learned over the past 2 weeks is the media is a brutal obsessed beast that brings nothing positive to the table. Its funny though how many of the talking heads spent the last two weeks defending clowns like Sherman and Beast mode. THis game was lost when clown boy Namath came out in his fur coat and messed up the coin toss LOL i wanted to defer
    Last edited by jkinder33; 02-05-2014, 09:20 PM.
    Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers
  • nedonk
    Practice Squad
    • Feb 2014

Peyton is not top 5 all times and he is certainly not number 1. He can put the gaudy numbers, but he is the QB you want to give your opponent when it is a game you must win.

Comment

• Doogansquest
      Starter
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Rarelyoffended
      Manning is good enough to get you to the playoffs, but not win it
      But he did win in the playoffs. He got to his 3rd Super Bowl.

Was Elway not good enough to win in the playoffs?

Comment

• jkinder33
        Bench Warmer
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Rarelyoffended
        Maybe it's because he is overrated?
        There you go starting a debate. My point is the media makes too big a deal out of this. Wait for the guy to retire and then debate it all you want. They are straight ruthless on the guy.

Comment

• aditheman
          Captain
          • Aug 2009

I've said it once and I'll say it again, we always lost this season when we didn't have the ball at the start of the second half. Simple as that, it's psychological and the etams that beat us knew it. I don't know how the other teams didn't catch up with that.

Comment

• rush_limbaughII
            Bench Warmer
            • Nov 2003

TOday, I was hoping that Elway would bench Peyton and start the 2nd half as our QB.

LOL - Peyton looked lost.

Comment

• Rarelyoffended
              Banned User
              • Sep 2009

Peyton is not top 5 all times and he is certainly not number 1. He can put the gaudy numbers, but he is the QB you want to give your opponent when it is a game you must win.
              This is a fact

Comment

• Omaha
                Practice Squad
                • Jan 2014

yeah, I'm thinking Manning takes a big hit after this game. Best regular season QB ever but can't get it done to win it all. Probably top 5, certainly not better then Tom Brady and no where near Montana. I put Manning behind Elway. Montana, Brady, Elway, Manning

Comment

• Rarelyoffended
                  Banned User
                  • Sep 2009

Brady or Rodgers would not have let this happen.

Comment

• jkinder33
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                    But he did win in the playoffs. He got to his 3rd Super Bowl.

Was Elway not good enough to win in the playoffs?
                    My statement was because of Dion and Cris Carter straight bashing him and his legacy after this loss. Peyton has been to 3 SBs and won 1. Im one of those guys that feels making it to SBs means something even if you dont win. I think going to 5 and winning 2 is better than going to 2 and winning 2. I dont think Peytons legacy took a hit tonight. He and the broncos got us to the big dance with a defense missing half its starters. I dont think they give this team enough credit just for making it. You can have a bad game, it happens. This one started bad and spiraled. People are bashing peyton but how can you throw the ball with Dlinemen in your face all game. People said, beat peyton by getting him off his spot and hitting him. They did that and won so does that mean peyton sucks or does that mean that the seahawks D deserves credit. I think the Seahawks D deserves credit for jailbreaking our oline.

Comment

• trc1962
                      Special Teams
                      • Nov 2013

Everyone said the same thing about Elway, he got us there 3 times and we lost badly. When he had a balanced team around him we won 2 titles in a row. Without Peyton we are no where, we just need to round out the team so it is not always on him and the offense to pull the game out. The legacy thing needs to go away! He is a great quarterback and I am glad Denver has him. Remember, both Seattle and San Fran were pretty much ready to give him anything he wanted to play for them. We are lucky he came here. If I remember right, at Kansas City was a must win for the division and he played well. We would not have been at the superbowl period if he went elsewhere.

Comment

• fightinglee
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Jan 2009

who cares about his legacy? I do not. He choked today. I don't know about blaming him for all the playoff losses of EVERY game he ever lost (like some people want to blame him) but he choked today. It was awful. I was just so shocked by his absolute lack of leadership today.

Comment

• jkinder33
                          Bench Warmer
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
                          Brady or Rodgers would not have let this happen.
                          Thats a hypothetical. It could happen to them. Broncos broke down in all three phases. Brady cant control special teams or your center throwing it over your head or teammates fumbling. Granted his two picks were bad but people were in his face. Brady would have crumbled too with the pockets manning had tonight

Comment

• Rarelyoffended
                            Banned User
                            • Sep 2009

Broncos D did decent with the field possession they had to work with.

Comment

• jkinder33
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by fightinglee View Post
                              who cares about his legacy? I do not. He choked today. I don't know about blaming him for all the playoff losses of EVERY game he ever lost (like some people want to blame him) but he choked today. It was awful. I was just so shocked by his absolute lack of leadership today.
                              So you put zero responsibility on the Oline getting blown up and destroyed tonight. I get it, manning had deer eyes tonight but theres other factors than just manning

Comment

Working...
                              X