Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fightinglee View Post
    The line you quoted says nothing about not caring. It said it seemed he gave up and lacked leadership. His play on the field seemed like it gave up too, as did the play calling.
    Ooooooookie doke, you must have a wacky way of defining "gave up"

The look on his face looked like he thought we were screwed, and that was in the first quarter when we were down by one score. Honestly. From the get go he looked phased. After the safety, my wife said, "Why does he look like we just lost?" Everyone agreed he looked scared and worried.

I agree. It was 2 points. And then 5. That was nothing. Suck it up and get out there and kick butt. He looked demoralized.
    I agree with that, but just because he was rattled and had that "uh oh" look on his face doesn't mean that he gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Yeah, the game was lost from the first snap tbh. After that it became a case of Murphy's Law. Too much momentum against the team for them to feel any confidence.

Umm yes he looked like he cared. He played like he cared. The Seahawks just flat out played better. Peyton got rattled due to whatever factors were coming at him, and he didn't play as well as we expected him to. That doesn't mean that he didn't care or that he wasn't acting urgently. There's only so much Peyton could've done. There's only so much any QB could've done.
    Wow. The game was over after the first snap???? Well there you go. That is how Manning seemed to look. It was 5 points when we got the ball back and started our ridiculous 3 yard pass scheme against the best and tightest playing defense in football. It was over when we failed to adjust and our leader had no answer.

He never was a leader, just a stat collector

I think Peyton fell into the perfect place in Denver. He had a good OL and a very supporting cast at WRs and TEs.

However, that OL was dominated today by Seattle and Peyton rushed throws because of that and got picked. Not to mention his good WRs and TEs had a very hard time getting open too.

Does this loss hurt his legacy? Like they said on NFL Network, ABSOLUTELY. But is this loss all on him? No. But he's gonna get all the blame just like LeBron did in the NBA when the Heat lost to Mavs in the Finals in 2011.

Peyton will bashed and trashed on every major sports outlet aaaaall off-season. No doubt about it. Considering they were praising him and on his jock for the past 6 months, maybes its only fair.

The look on his face looked like he thought we were screwed, and that was in the first quarter when we were down by one score. Honestly. From the get go he looked phased. After the safety, my wife said, "Why does he look like we just lost?" Everyone agreed he looked scared and worried.

I agree. It was 2 points. And then 5. That was nothing. Suck it up and get out there and kick butt. He looked demoralized.
    They showed him on the sideline talking to Ramirez afterwards and he looked fine. I certainly didn't think he looked like he gave up. I guess people see what they want to see.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

I agree with that, but just because he was rattled and had that "uh oh" look on his face doesn't mean that he gave up.
    I don't actually agree that he gave up, but being rattled from one bad mistake is a problem.The team did seem to feed off of this. They just couldn't get straight, and their leader totally looked rattled, because he was. It was a horrible start, but Manning should have shrugged it off and let the team know he didn't care if we spotted them 5 points. Our offense was good enough to go get it back.

I don't think he gave up, I think his discomfort spread and guys played uneasy instead of with confidence and conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
    They showed him on the sideline talking to Ramirez afterwards and he looked fine. I certainly didn't think he looked like he gave up. I guess people see what they want to see.
    That wasnt the only shot of the sideline. Shortly after that he was next to Gase (I think it was Gase). Go look at him. Its the expression and body language he carried for the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
    He never was a leader, just a stat collector
    That's stragith softbatch trash, and you know it. The players never would have elected him their team captain, otherwise.

Really, where do you people come from? I'm going to be generous and go with "from the bandwagon."

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Did it look like he cared or had a sense of urgency on his face? I didn't see that at all tonight.

He looked scared, shell shocked, and out of it....his team fed off of that.

Your General and Captain should be strong and lead you into battle with authority, not cower at obstacles.
    BJS. I think this answers your observation:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...red-to-give-up

I think this is primarily on Manning. He can't improvise when a game goes south. He puts too much on his intellect. He has thought everything through. He has analyzed it all. When it goes according to plan, it's beautiful. When it doesn't work out, he folds. He loses confidence and starts pouring over the gameplan on the sideline, when what he really needs is a slap in the face, and a "Snap out of it moment." Go win the game with your arm. Make a play. Holy crap man, step out of the pocket every once and a while and make something happen.

We watched Elway take a broken play and run for a first down helicopter dive. That team all says, they new then that they had to give it there all. Leave nothing on the field, because their 37 year old QB just did. That is not Manning. It's all intellect, think it through, and then give up on the play if it goes south.
    Except when they got down against the Colts, he all but lead them back to a victory. Was it his fault Hillman fumbled it away?

When the momentum turned against New England, Manning lead a critical touchdown drive to tie it up and get into overtime. Was it his fault there was a muffed punt return?

When San Diego and New England both made little comebacks in the playoff meetings, he lead perfectly aggressive, clock-milking drives to seal the deal. Was that him folding when the going gets tough?

Manning is cerebral above all else, which gives him an advantage over every other QB going in. That's what puts him in positions to contend every year. Some of those other QB's may be more athletic, but they are often more injured, or sometimes just flat out miss the playoffs. Elway got murdered his first three trips to the Super Bowl. The improv/athleticism thing is ridiculous, because that's not really anything he can change. But while we are on the subject, how many of those QB's got to play in the Super Bowl this year over Peyton?

Quote Originally Posted by SM19 View Post
    If Peyton Manning had lost a Super Bowl in 2007 and then won a Super Bowl in 2014, instead of winning one in 2007 and then losing one in 2014, the question of his "legacy" would be considered closed. And closed it ought to be.
    End of discussion. Troy Aikman echoed the sentiment of questioning Manning's legacy. There is no questioning it. He's simply on the Mt. Rushmore of QB's.

this is fair analysis. People that can find no fault in manning will not like it. I love Manning. I want him here for as long as he will stay, but then he needs to take a cut to help us field a better team. 20 mil, you either have to take a cut, or figure out how to throw passes for more than 3 yards and count on your WR to get you 12 YAC.

For people who point to his stats, well, that's exactly what his critics always point to. Stat collector. Yeah, he made a lot of completion. We had 0 points in the first half and no first downs in the first quarter. Hooray for a crap load of completions though that got us nowhere and ended in dead drives. Sometimes, you need a big play. And if all you saw in that game was his stat line, then you missed something.
    He did get 18 first downs after the first quarter. Seattle didn't have that many. He did complete some big plays, but Seattle made big plays early to get a lead.

Did Manning play great? No.

There wasn't anyone on Denver who did though.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Did it look like he cared or had a sense of urgency on his face? I didn't see that at all tonight.

He looked scared, shell shocked, and out of it....his team fed off of that.

Your General and Captain should be strong and lead you into battle with authority, not cower at obstacles.
    He had a completely focused look on his mug the moment he walked onto the field. After the fumbled snap, he handed the ball to his center, patted him as if to say it's okay, but then said, "Work on that" and pointed to a spot on the sideline. He kept talking to his players on the sideline, and even encouraged his defense despite being down by 30+ in the 4th quarter.

Again, he wasn't very good tonight at all, but no one on Denver was. Seattle caught a few breaks early and absolutely made the most of them.

The Broncos had been making fewer mistakes the last few weeks of the season, and that's the version we all expected in the Super Bowl. When we suddenly saw them revert to their early-to-mid season antics, what did we expect? They were playing against the other best team in the biggest game. That's how Denver used to lose in the 80's; that's how Buffalo used to lose in the 90's. This Broncos team could very well be back in the Super Bowl the next 2 years, and it would be largely BECAUSE of Peyton Manning.

Brady, Rodgers, or Brees wouldn't have beaten those Seahawks tonight either.
    Last edited by Doogansquest; 02-02-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltzfan88 View Post
    I think Peyton fell into the perfect place in Denver. He had a good OL and a very supporting cast at WRs and TEs.

However, that OL was dominated today by Seattle and Peyton rushed throws because of that and got picked. Not to mention his good WRs and TEs had a very hard time getting open too.

Does this loss hurt his legacy? Like they said on NFL Network, ABSOLUTELY. But is this loss all on him? No. But he's gonna get all the blame just like LeBron did in the NBA when the Heat lost to Mavs in the Finals in 2011.

Peyton will bashed and trashed on every major sports outlet aaaaall off-season. No doubt about it. Considering they were praising him and on his jock for the past 6 months, maybes its only fair.
    Like many said before the game, He's still the best of all time to a lot of people as is, and depending on what he does going forward, the list of people that look at him as the best will grow.

Anyone that even remotely considers Brady to be in the best or top 5 best conversation should know that when the Giants put heavy pressure on Brady in the 07 season Super Bowl, they took him out of his game and he couldn't play at the level that was expected from him. The same thing happened to Manning, only the whole team imploded today so it was a huge blowout instead of a one or two score game. Throw Montana, Brady, Elway, or whoever in that same situation and they have a huge mountain to climb just to stay even with the other team.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Boltzfan88 View Post

How does it hurt his legacy? Hes an all time great or is this about people wanting to label him the greatest ever. I think the media is off on this stuff. Wait until a guy has retired before discussing this. Its really unfair to peyton. The guy has made to 3 superbowls and won 1. Thats better than going to 2 and winning 1.
    Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Doogan I think you are one of the few fans who actually has knowledge about football and you are objective. I understand Manning did lead us bac, but Colts and Pats D is not the Seahawks D