Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Denver Will Win Easily. Seattle O-Line Is Not That Good

This is my first post and first off I am a Giants fan living in Seattle so I get to see a lot of their games and their O-Line is not that good. Marshawn Lynch is a beast but the guys up front blocking for him are not that good outside of Russell Okung. Their other blocker Giacomini is a dirty player so watch out for him.

I believe you guys can get pressure on Wilson and as much as he is credited for his feet if you pressure him he will not be a factor. To be honest I'm more afraid of Kaepernick or RG III running the ball than the Seahawks QB. Wilson looks to pass first and will only run when he sees a gap or open space so be sure to have a spy on him. I expect Denver to get 3-4 sacks on Wilson.

I expect Wes Welker to have a big game. He was killing it against Seattle when he was in New England and I don't think their slot CB Thurmond or Jeremy Lane can hang with him. I am predicting 100+ yards for Welker. If Peyton is smart which I think he is then he will target Welker. Also I will take a Demaryus Thomas Vs. Maxwell matchup anyday. Seattle doesn't shadow WRs so that means Richard Sherman is always on the right side and Maxwell will always be the left corner. This has to play in Peyton's favor. All this talk about Denver not playing a a top defense is bogus cause Seattle hasn't played a top offense all year. I am predicting Denver wins easily 35-17.

Good luck at the game. I will be rooting for you guys. Sherman makes it hard for me to ever like that team and Carroll is just a sleazeball. I am tired of all this Seattle talk all over this city and on my facebook newsfeed. Go Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by NFLfanatic206 View Post
    This is my first post and first off I am a Giants fan living in Seattle so I get to see a lot of their games and their O-Line is not that good. Marshawn Lynch is a beast but the guys up front blocking for him are not that good outside of Russell Okung. Their other blocker Giacomini is a dirty player so watch out for him.

I believe you guys can get pressure on Wilson and as much as he is credited for his feet if you pressure him he will not be a factor. To be honest I'm more afraid of Kaepernick or RG III running the ball than the Seahawks QB. Wilson looks to pass first and will only run when he sees a gap or open space so be sure to have a spy on him. I expect Denver to get 3-4 sacks on Wilson.

I expect Wes Welker to have a big game. He was killing it against Seattle when he was in New England and I don't think their slot CB Thurmond or Jeremy Lane can hang with him. I am predicting 100+ yards for Welker. If Peyton is smart which I think he is then he will target Welker. Also I will take a Demaryus Thomas Vs. Maxwell matchup anyday. Seattle doesn't shadow WRs so that means Richard Sherman is always on the right side and Maxwell will always be the left corner. This has to play in Peyton's favor. All this talk about Denver not playing a a top defense is bogus cause Seattle hasn't played a top offense all year. I am predicting Denver wins easily 35-17.

Good luck at the game. I will be rooting for you guys. Sherman makes it hard for me to ever like that team and Carroll is just a sleazeball. I am tired of all this Seattle talk all over this city and on my facebook newsfeed. Go Broncos!
    I hope you are right!

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    I hope you are right!
    I'm confident with this. I remember going to their preseason game against Denver with a Seahawk fan (co-worker) and Peyton looked like he could move the chains on this offense easily.

Oh and another thing when I said Okung is their only good lineman I forgot they also have Max Unger who was a pro bowler last year but this season he has been inconsistent. I think Knighton can give him fits.

Like I said in my previous post the key player is Wes Welker. Peyton should target him a lot. Their slot corners are good but not good enough to shutdown Welker as proven last season when Welker tore them a new rear end playing for New England.. Also if there is a matchup between Demaryus Thomas and Byron Maxwell I'll take that everytime.

If the Seachickens win which they won't but "if" they do this will be a long year for me especially living in Seattle. What is so strange is I never hated this team having lived in Seattle the past 15 years until this season. Their fanbase are the worse and full of bandwagons and no knowledge of football but all of a sudden their loud and proud.
    Last edited by NFLfanatic206; 01-26-2014 at 05:01 AM.

We have been playing extremely good defense the past few games.
    I think on our defense side, the key is to do well stop gapping the run with M Lynch.

I'm also thinking we will have a spy to make sure Russel Wilson doesn't run out of the pocket.
    I really am not very worried about Russel Wilson's passing ability. Should we?

Their defense scares me a tad, i hope you are right. I think we have so many offensive weapons, something will have to give and Welker is a good possibility

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    We have been playing extremely good defense the past few games.
    I think on our defense side, the key is to do well stop gapping the run with M Lynch.

I'm also thinking we will have a spy to make sure Russel Wilson doesn't run out of the pocket.
    I really am not very worried about Russel Wilson's passing ability. Should we?

Their defense scares me a tad, i hope you are right. I think we have so many offensive weapons, something will have to give and Welker is a good possibility
    Having seen Wilson quite often he is dangerous passing when he is out of the pocket. He is probably the best in the NFL when he is throwing the ball on the run. In a game like this Von Miller is truly missed. Danny Trevathan has to be the man to spy Wilson. I haven't seen much of him but a few games I seen your team play he looks fast. Wilson is not easily rattled and for a 2nd year pro he has a lot of composure. With a spy on him I think Denver can disrupt his running. Don't get me wrong the kid can run but he doesn't scare me as much as Colin Kaepernick or RG III running the ball.

If Seattle's defense is as physical as they say, I'm just hoping Wes doesn't leave the game with a concussion or something.

If Denver doesn't turn the ball over, they will win.

Seattle's D line is kind of overrated and I don't expect them to get much pressure on Manning.

Seattle's D line is kind of overrated and I don't expect them to get much pressure on Manning.
    you watched the same SeaHawks games I did lol lol lol I think they will try to pressure Manning but the Denver Broncos are expecting that. As far as Wilson goes...if you watched him play then you know a little pressure and hes done. His run game he goes backwards more then forward. EVERY GAME HES PLAYED IS THE SAME....I TOTALLY agree with the thread starter on their take of the SeaHawks....

Quote Originally Posted by GratefulDawg View Post
    If Denver doesn't turn the ball over, they will win.
    I don't even think that's a factor unless Seattle defense scores on the play of the turnover. I really doubt that Wilson or lynch will be consistently effective enough to beat the underrated bronco defense.

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy rules View Post
    you watched the same SeaHawks games I did lol lol lol I think they will try to pressure Manning but the Denver Broncos are expecting that. As far as Wilson goes...if you watched him play then you know a little pressure and hes done. His run game he goes backwards more then forward. EVERY GAME HES PLAYED IS THE SAME....I TOTALLY agree with the thread starter on their take of the SeaHawks....
    The guy to watch out for on their D line is Michael Bennett. He is no JJ Watt or elite like many seachicken fans believe but he is a pretty good player and I would say an above average. He is not fast but quick with his hands and swim move off the edge. Brandon Mebane is underrated but I think your line can contain him. Chris Clemons who was a major force for them last season has been a non factor all year since coming off that serious injury.

About Wilson you nailed it. To take him out the game is pressure him. The same can be said about most QBs but Wilson relies on buying time scrambling until his WRs gets separation. That is a huge part of his success. He doesn't like throwing from the pocket so pressuring him is a must or else your defense will fall into the style he prefers which is scrambling while looking for open recievers but If he sees no separation from Tate or Baldwin he'll either throw it away or force a long pass. His deep balls are underrated. That guy can let it go but I shouldn't be too worried cause like I said their offensive line is their weakness. Arizona, Carolina and St. LOUIS kind of gave the blue print in stopping him and he hasn't been the same. If Wilson gets a few first downs with his legs than you guys are in for a long night.
    Last edited by NFLfanatic206; 01-28-2014 at 08:10 AM.

If Seattle's players are more average than good or elite, why are they the best team in the NFC?

There is no way that this game is a blowout.
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Quote Originally Posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    If Seattle's players are more average than good or elite, why are they the best team in the NFC?

There is no way that this game is a blowout.
    Because they got HFA.

Do you think Sea wins the NFC if they had to run through the gauntlent that SF did.

At GB, Car, SF back to back to back?

The guy to watch out for on their D line is Michael Bennett. He is no JJ Watt or elite like many seachicken fans believe but he is a pretty good player and I would say an above average. He is not fast but quick with his hands and swim move off the edge. Brandon Mebane is underrated but I think your line can contain him. Chris Clemons who was a major force for them last season has been a non factor all year since coming off that serious injury.

About Wilson you nailed it. To take him out the game is pressure him. The same can be said about most QBs but Wilson relies on buying time scrambling until his WRs gets separation. That is a huge part of his success. He doesn't like throwing from the pocket so pressuring him is a must or else your defense will fall into the style he prefers which is scrambling while looking for open recievers but If he sees no separation from Tate or Baldwin he'll either throw it away or force a long pass. His deep balls are underrated. That guy can let it go but I shouldn't be too worried cause like I said their offensive line is their weakness. Arizona, Carolina and St. LOUIS kind of gave the blue print in stopping him and he hasn't been the same. If Wilson gets a few first downs with his legs than you guys are in for a long night.
    Im not saying he cant get a few 1st downs but the Denver Broncos had their SuperBowl dress rehearsal against the Chargers and especially the Patriots. That was ALL DENVER BRONCOS DEFENSIVE LINE THAT STOPPED THEM .The offensive line speaks for themselves. The Denver Broncos have had this post season the ability to adjust. Not saying anything against your SeaHawks I just in truth was not impressed with them . To me when they played the Saints it was giving the way the game played out it was one team being the Saints that beat themselves. Yes they sacked Brees but hes a far cry from Peyton Manning. and the 49ers it was more of a fluke. to me the SeaHawks have not produced in the post season and the Denver Broncos have. There is a difference in winning a game and playing to win the game and the Denver Broncos play to win....

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Because they got HFA.

Do you think Sea wins the NFC if they had to run through the gauntlent that SF did.

At GB, Car, SF back to back to back?
    You play the regular season to win your division and get HFA... and hopefully the #1 seed.

Seattle did and that's why they're in the SB.

If your point is they had an easier path then we agree... they did but they earned that easier path.
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!