Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Demaryius Thomas played Super Bowl with seperated shoulder!

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi
    DT separated his shoulder in the first quarter. Played through it. Maybe it was that Chancellor hit. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    If this is true, then what a gutsy performance. He put out the best performance (with little competition) from a Bronco player in my opinion. It'd also explain the fumble he had.

But that doesn't fit the narrative with the "fans" that say our offensive players don't play with heart and are soft...

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    But that doesn't fit the narrative with the "fans" that say our offensive players don't play with heart and are soft...
    Not playing with heart and playing soft are two different things. I think our guys play with a lotta heart, I also think for 2 big outside recievers, they could fight harder for space and balls and stop looking for flags. As for playing with an injury like that, I believe it out of DT. He's been a gutsty guy his whole life and has fought through a lot of adversity. My hats off to DT and a Gutsy Performance
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Not playing with heart and playing soft are two different things. I think our guys play with a lotta heart, I also think for 2 big outside recievers, they could fight harder for space and balls and stop looking for flags. As for playing with an injury like that, I believe it out of DT. He's been a gutsty guy his whole life and has fought through a lot of adversity. My hats off to DT and a Gutsy Performance

Exactly!!!

My hat is off to DT and I hereby forgive him for the fumble (actually, I've already forgiven all of the team for a crappy performance). My son used to routinely pop his shoulder out (they called it a subluxation) playing linebacker in high school. He would go out for a play or two, pop it back in and finish the game. He had to have both shoulders rebuilt in college. He has a bone fragment they took out of one shoulder in a jar on his bedroom shelf. It is about the size of a dime.

Maybe thats why he was making some of those turns that went East West instead of north south - to keep from direct contact on the shoulder? There has to be some reason he was playing like that

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    Maybe thats why he was making some of those turns that went East West instead of north south - to keep from direct contact on the shoulder? There has to be some reason he was playing like that
    That would make sense, I could not figure out how come he was not going North-South for first-downs so many times.

If didn't matter, he was going to get hit anyway. Might was well get the first down?

.....and he was still the only guy on offense making plays. I'm just waiting for some knucklehead to come in here and explain why he's not an elite #1.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Our "D" needs to inflict some pain

DT came through in the clutch in finishing the season with good, hard play for the last several games, and to be hurt as such lends him further praise. However, that is only a simple excuse for the offense's poor performance, meantime, the defense (which wins championships) needs to put a bit more singe in their fire, and a bit more pizzazz in their step, and a bit more sting in their buzz, and a bit more power in there blows, and a bit more........ hitting the opponent rather than each other - a bit more concentration, a bit more discipline, a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    If didn't matter, he was going to get hit anyway. Might was well get the first down?
    The way he was running he seemed to be trying to adjust his body to take the blow on a certain side or find a safe place to fall to the ground.

I'm glad that explains those east/west plays because for the life of me I couldn't understand it. Good job DT!

Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat7 View Post
    My hat is off to DT and I hereby forgive him for the fumble (actually, I've already forgiven all of the team for a crappy performance). My son used to routinely pop his shoulder out (they called it a subluxation) playing linebacker in high school. He would go out for a play or two, pop it back in and finish the game. He had to have both shoulders rebuilt in college. He has a bone fragment they took out of one shoulder in a jar on his bedroom shelf. It is about the size of a dime.
    yea that was a horrible fumble and now we know why it happened.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
    If this is true, then what a gutsy performance. He put out the best performance (with little competition) from a Bronco player in my opinion. It'd also explain the fumble he had.
    If this is all true I am willing to provide Thomas with a partial pass on the poor performance of the offence. That said I place full blame on him for the fumble (as should you). If your playing injured and your doing rather well overall you don't put yourself in a position where your injury becomes a liability. Running into a triple team (if I remember correctly) with open space for the defender to scope out the position of the ball is just a bad idea. Take the initial run and if your really wanting to gain a few extra yards turn your back push a bit then fall quickly to maintain possession.