Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Champ Bailey

Champ Bailey

Do you think, if healthy, he can still be good enough to cover number two wideouts consistently? It should be a given that we re-sign DRC and he covers the number ones.

Well the last time he was healthy he finished the year as the 9th best CB in the league

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Well the last time he was healthy he finished the year as the 9th best CB in the league
    Trust me when I say Champ is 90% of the reason I became a Broncos fan some 10 odd years ago, so I'm always pulling for him. I know he isn't lacking confidence, and even losing speed he's still approximately the same speed as the average corner, and of course he has the talent. So maybe I'm answering my own question lol... it just makes me nervous man. He had a ROUGH year last year.

I won't doubt Bailey but we need to have a backup plan because there is a very good chance he just doesn't have the foot speed to play outside CB anymore

Sadly I think Champ is at the end of his run. Love that guy and he is the only player that was not retired that I bought their jersey.

Too much money, too slow for these big, physical fast WR's that are coming out. Maybe move to safety but has that passed him by too?

Hopefully he can play for us at least one more year and produce.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Champ raises a lot of questions:

Will he retire?

Will he restructure?

Will he be released?

Will he be with the team?

Can he switch to and play Safety effectively enough even to be a backup?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

as for me I would love to have him just not for 10 mil. I think he can still play as the number 3 or 4 cb on the team and be effective hopefully we can restructure his contract and keep him and he can retire a bronco after next years SB win

I felt like he played very well in the playoffs. Get out secondary a pass rush and they're a top five unit

Champ is DONE.....I think that in 2012 he got by on reputation alone.... and Flacco exposed him in the play offs. This year he was hurt most of the season (that is a problem that is going to remain cause old guys get hurt a lot) but when healthy he was the worst CB on the field. NO way he comes back as a CB and no way he comes back for much more than vet minimum.
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    Champ is DONE.....I think that in 2012 he got by on reputation alone.... and Flacco exposed him in the play offs. This year he was hurt most of the season (that is a problem that is going to remain cause old guys get hurt a lot) but when healthy he was the worst CB on the field. NO way he comes back as a CB and no way he comes back for much more than vet minimum.
    He was better than Kayvon, TC, and Jammer by far...
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    The super bowl was the first game with a reception on him in the playoffs and there was no pass rush at all

He played well in the playoffs.

Obviously shouldnt be covering speedy guys, and of course he needs to re-do his deal which is the main problem.

But need to add some more CB's, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    He played well in the playoffs.

Obviously shouldnt be covering speedy guys, and of course he needs to re-do his deal which is the main problem.

But need to add some more CB's, no question.
    What concerned me today was hearing Elway say today that we were strong in our corners. That worried me.

I'd say he's worth 5 million, but I'd really love it if he took 2.5 mil. Still it's a hard thing to ask the guy who has given us so much over years. I hope he took something from the Doom fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    That's not saying much.

Champ is toast. He should go ahead and retire with his dignity, which could come into jeopardy if he comes back next season and gets roasted.

Champ, please, retire.