Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 88
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Black&Decker View Post
    There's this guy out there... Currently unemployed... 2 time Super Bowl Champion... Hell, he's even got a house here in Denver.


    I'm just saying...
    The guy whose defensive drafts and FA signings were 75% busts, who fired DC's every year, leaving us with one of the worst defenses the world has ever seen, complemented by a good but not great offense, and resulting in a mediocre team which missed the playoffs his last three years here? You mean that guy?

    No thanks!

    Even if he was any good in today's league (which he's not), I don't see powermad Shannny taking orders from his former qb.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8
    Bring in John Gruden. He is perfect at working with a great team and helping them get over the hump to win a championship.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Fox is not going anywhere for at least another season (hoping it'll be his last) so I hope he's not extended. Players play for new contracts let him coach for a new one.

    And no more retreads. Cowher's been out of coaching too long and I never thought he was that great to begin with. Same goes for Gruden. He won with another man's team by playing the team he coached the year before who's new coach (Bill Callahan) didn't even bother to change the playbook...Gruden's playbook no less. Other than that Gruden is nothing but hot air and hype. He'd be a great motivational speaker.

    When it's all said and done and Fox's time is up I hope Elway goes to his alma mater again (like when he went after Jim Harbaugh) and gives David Shaw (Stanford's HC) a shot.
    David Shaw is among the top football coaches in America but I can't see him leaving his alma mater without winning the National Championship. He's at his alma mater and has only briefly tasted success, I see him staying there and doing amazing things with a school that doesn't prioritize sports.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    The guy whose defensive drafts and FA signings were 75% busts, who fired DC's every year, leaving us with one of the worst defenses the world has ever seen, complemented by a good but not great offense, and resulting in a mediocre team which missed the playoffs his last three years here? You mean that guy?

    No thanks!

    Even if he was any good in today's league (which he's not), I don't see powermad Shannny taking orders from his former qb.
    He wouldn't need to sign players.
    He wouldn't need to draft players.
    He wouldn't need to even touch the defense.

    If he takes a less controlling role I think it would work.

    However from what I've heard about him, not giving him control may be a problem.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by comchamp View Post
    How about Josh McDaniels? Or maybe Wade Phillips? Yeah, let's fire Fox and get someone else. They just won the AFC Championship, should have won it last year except for a fluke play, and won with TEBOW as the QB his first year. I guess he needs to be fired because HE (forget the injuries, the bad game by Manning, and the fact that Seattle just simply played better) lost the Super Bowl. Sometimes I have to question what people on here are thinking about.
    John Fox held the Broncos back from winning more with Tebow and that impressive defense and everyone knows it- nice try. Run, run, run, punt; you remember that? Or how about the fact the offense was complete crap until the coaches opened up the play book with 1 minute left in the game. Or how about the fact Fox tried to roll with Kyle freaking Orton originally that season..

    There are very few coaches who have been around as long as him and been so terribly unsuccessful. Guy is worthless in his profession. Nothing against the guy but he doesn't deserve credit for anything- he's never accomplished anything.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarBronco View Post
    Bring in John Gruden. He is perfect at working with a great team and helping them get over the hump to win a championship.
    He did it once and then accomplished literally nothing after that. Oh, and he loves his current job.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    He wouldn't need to sign players.
    He wouldn't need to draft players.
    He wouldn't need to even touch the defense.

    If he takes a less controlling role I think it would work.

    However from what I've heard about him, not giving him control may be a problem.
    Shanahan wouldn't concede control, and that's the problem.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Bartertown
    Posts
    935
    Best thing about bringing a college coach up is there knowlegde of the draft prospects..They spend a lot of time recruiting and scouting against these player..Remember the chatter when Carroll drafted Thomas instead of Mays

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post



    Shanahan wouldn't concede control, and that's the problem.
    You're probably right.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,536
    What's worse is, he'd probably try to bench Manning for reading a defense.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Bartertown
    Posts
    935
    I'm not advocating Shanahan but I think he would work well with Elway,Manning and do anything for the opportunity at this point in his career a chance to win another SB and to surpass Parcells (2) and Knox (16) on the all time wins list .,.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clinton, MD (via Wash., DC)
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    David Shaw is among the top football coaches in America but I can't see him leaving his alma mater without winning the National Championship. He's at his alma mater and has only briefly tasted success, I see him staying there and doing amazing things with a school that doesn't prioritize sports.

    Well I hope if after next season Elway goes knocking at Stanford's door (both their alma mater) that Shaw will happily answer.

    And I say after next season because I fully expect Fox, unfortunately, will be allowed to coach out his original contract.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 02-05-2014 at 04:50 PM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bronco Planet
    Posts
    704
    Dan Quinn would be perfect

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by maggnus View Post
    Dan Quinn would be perfect
    ....as our DC, with JDR as head coach. At least that's what I would like to see.

    That would bring some fire and passion out of the team. With a JDR led team, the chemistry, new offense, new guys, none of that would have to be established because its already here. Fox wont be fired, but if he "steps down" for health concerns then I believe JDR could coach with that passion we need.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    852
    Get me Rob Ryans crazy ace.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    664
    Another dumb thread.
    Go Broncos!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •