• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L.M.
    Vitalstatistix
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Black&Decker View Post
    There's this guy out there... Currently unemployed... 2 time Super Bowl Champion... Hell, he's even got a house here in Denver.

I'm just saying...
    The guy whose defensive drafts and FA signings were 75% busts, who fired DC's every year, leaving us with one of the worst defenses the world has ever seen, complemented by a good but not great offense, and resulting in a mediocre team which missed the playoffs his last three years here? You mean that guy?

No thanks!

Even if he was any good in today's league (which he's not), I don't see powermad Shannny taking orders from his former qb.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• LoneStarBronco
      Practice Squad
      • Nov 2009

Bring in John Gruden. He is perfect at working with a great team and helping them get over the hump to win a championship.

Comment

• SoundsOfSuccess
        Starter
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
        Fox is not going anywhere for at least another season (hoping it'll be his last) so I hope he's not extended. Players play for new contracts let him coach for a new one.

And no more retreads. Cowher's been out of coaching too long and I never thought he was that great to begin with. Same goes for Gruden. He won with another man's team by playing the team he coached the year before who's new coach (Bill Callahan) didn't even bother to change the playbook...Gruden's playbook no less. Other than that Gruden is nothing but hot air and hype. He'd be a great motivational speaker.

When it's all said and done and Fox's time is up I hope Elway goes to his alma mater again (like when he went after Jim Harbaugh) and gives David Shaw (Stanford's HC) a shot.
        David Shaw is among the top football coaches in America but I can't see him leaving his alma mater without winning the National Championship. He's at his alma mater and has only briefly tasted success, I see him staying there and doing amazing things with a school that doesn't prioritize sports.

Comment

• SoundsOfSuccess
          Starter
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
          The guy whose defensive drafts and FA signings were 75% busts, who fired DC's every year, leaving us with one of the worst defenses the world has ever seen, complemented by a good but not great offense, and resulting in a mediocre team which missed the playoffs his last three years here? You mean that guy?

No thanks!

Even if he was any good in today's league (which he's not), I don't see powermad Shannny taking orders from his former qb.
          He wouldn't need to sign players.
          He wouldn't need to draft players.
          He wouldn't need to even touch the defense.

If he takes a less controlling role I think it would work.

However from what I've heard about him, not giving him control may be a problem.

Comment

• SoundsOfSuccess
            Starter
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by comchamp View Post
            How about Josh McDaniels? Or maybe Wade Phillips? Yeah, let's fire Fox and get someone else. They just won the AFC Championship, should have won it last year except for a fluke play, and won with TEBOW as the QB his first year. I guess he needs to be fired because HE (forget the injuries, the bad game by Manning, and the fact that Seattle just simply played better) lost the Super Bowl. Sometimes I have to question what people on here are thinking about.
            John Fox held the Broncos back from winning more with Tebow and that impressive defense and everyone knows it- nice try. Run, run, run, punt; you remember that? Or how about the fact the offense was complete crap until the coaches opened up the play book with 1 minute left in the game. Or how about the fact Fox tried to roll with Kyle freaking Orton originally that season..

There are very few coaches who have been around as long as him and been so terribly unsuccessful. Guy is worthless in his profession. Nothing against the guy but he doesn't deserve credit for anything- he's never accomplished anything.

Comment

• Doogansquest
              Starter
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by LoneStarBronco View Post
              Bring in John Gruden. He is perfect at working with a great team and helping them get over the hump to win a championship.
              He did it once and then accomplished literally nothing after that. Oh, and he loves his current job.

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
              He wouldn't need to sign players.
              He wouldn't need to draft players.
              He wouldn't need to even touch the defense.

If he takes a less controlling role I think it would work.

However from what I've heard about him, not giving him control may be a problem.
              Shanahan wouldn't concede control, and that's the problem.

Comment

• notmyname
                Bench Warmer
                • Dec 2013

Best thing about bringing a college coach up is there knowlegde of the draft prospects..They spend a lot of time recruiting and scouting against these player..Remember the chatter when Carroll drafted Thomas instead of Mays

Comment

• SoundsOfSuccess
                  Starter
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post

Shanahan wouldn't concede control, and that's the problem.
                  You're probably right.

Comment

• Doogansquest
                    Starter
                    • Mar 2012

What's worse is, he'd probably try to bench Manning for reading a defense.

Comment

• notmyname
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Dec 2013

I'm not advocating Shanahan but I think he would work well with Elway,Manning and do anything for the opportunity at this point in his career a chance to win another SB and to surpass Parcells (2) and Knox (16) on the all time wins list .,.

Comment

• Mel B.
                        All-Time Great
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                        David Shaw is among the top football coaches in America but I can't see him leaving his alma mater without winning the National Championship. He's at his alma mater and has only briefly tasted success, I see him staying there and doing amazing things with a school that doesn't prioritize sports.

Well I hope if after next season Elway goes knocking at Stanford's door (both their alma mater) that Shaw will happily answer.

And I say after next season because I fully expect Fox, unfortunately, will be allowed to coach out his original contract.
                        Last edited by Mel B.; 02-05-2014, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• maggnus
                          • Sep 2012

Dan Quinn would be perfect

Comment

• atwaterandstir
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by maggnus View Post
                            Dan Quinn would be perfect
                            ....as our DC, with JDR as head coach. At least that's what I would like to see.

That would bring some fire and passion out of the team. With a JDR led team, the chemistry, new offense, new guys, none of that would have to be established because its already here. Fox wont be fired, but if he "steps down" for health concerns then I believe JDR could coach with that passion we need.

Comment

• jaytea11
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Oct 2008

Get me Rob Ryans crazy ace.

Comment

• Rockies3384
                                Bench Warmer
                                • Sep 2006

Another dumb thread.
                                Go Broncos!!!

Comment