Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    100% more disappointed about last year. I would've liked a competitive game in the Super Bowl but my expectation from the beginning of the season was that we would lose to the NFC when we made it. Our team just wasn't quite good enough and we were going to have to elevate our game but unfortunately instead of playing to the highest of our abilities, we played at our lowest. But last year's team? We were better then with Clady, Miller and Dumervil. imo Our team was better equipped to win the Super Bowl last year. I still believe we should've won it all.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about next year. We're probably the favorites to represent the AFC again only to be beaten by the NFC. BUT I think like this year we have the ability to beat them. Unfortunately I've got a feeling that over the season another team out of our conference will emerge and unless we really find a number of new impact players, won't even make it back to the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyxc View Post
    I am definitely depressed about losing the super bowl but it pales in comparison to last year's ravens loss. I felt like we had our season cut short and that it wasnt supposed to happen that way. I was happy to experience my first bronco super bowl this year (even for 12 seconds) and will always stand by our team.
    I would have to say that I'm more upset this time than last year. At least in the Ravens game Denver was competitive and fought to the very end. This SB loss was just abysmal from coin flip to final whistle. Denver did not compete at all. They were handled in all phases of the game. In the Ravens game, Holliday ran two kicks back for touchdowns. In the SB he couldn't even get past the 10 yard line.

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    I would have to say that I'm more upset this time than last year. At least in the Ravens game Denver was competitive and fought to the very end. This SB loss was just abysmal from coin flip to final whistle. Denver did not compete at all. They were handled in all phases of the game. In the Ravens game, Holliday ran two kicks back for touchdowns. In the SB he couldn't even get past the 10 yard line.
    Right, but that meant very little in the way of hope vs. heartbreak. You knew this one was over quick because the team played bad. But at least they made the Super Bowl and had a chance to be world champs. Losing in the Wild Card or Divisional rounds sucks, because you don't even get to play for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Right, but that meant very little in the way of hope vs. heartbreak. You knew this one was over quick because the team played bad. But at least they made the Super Bowl and had a chance to be world champs. Losing in the Wild Card or Divisional rounds sucks, because you don't even get to play for the title.
    I understand what you're saying, but I still get back to the WAY Denver lost the SB game as opposed to the Ravens game. At least in that game Denver showed up to play and fought to the end.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about next year. We're probably the favorites to represent the AFC again only to be beaten by the NFC.
    This is exactly where I am at now. Even if we make it back to the big game, I just don't see them making significant enough changes to lead to a different result... we'll err on the side of "keeping Manning comfortable" and end up with a similarly disappointing finish.

Ravens was worse.
    Go Broncos!!!

Losing the Superbowl was worse, the Broncos worked so hard to get there only to lose in such a bad fashion.

Ravens was epic bad. So was the loss to Jacksonville. Losing to Seattle, and the years when we were blown out with Elway was easier to take for me. At least my team was still playing, 30 others were not. Besides, we ain't done yet, and must surely begin the season as one of the favorites in the AFC. This gives me something to look forward to. At least we're not fans of the Lions.....
    Last edited by psychobilly; 02-07-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Youre right about the looking forward thing. Ive never seen our beloved broncos win it all and I always worry that if they won the super bowl that football would never be the same again as the first time. That may sound stupid but its just what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    Just want to point out that the Offense gave up 9 of those points, and Special Teams 7.

But your right, 27 points on five scoring drives is nothing to be proud of.

Yep, I actually did watch the game and was aware that the Broncos offense contributed to the score. Still wasn't over-joyed with our defense… The loss was as a team from both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball… However, I do hope that this year the Broncos consider beefing up the defense...

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

In order for the S/B loss to be worse the Broncos would have had to be in the game which they were not.

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    Just want to point out that the Offense gave up 9 of those points, and Special Teams 7.

But your right, 27 points on five scoring drives is nothing to be proud of.

Also, dont forget that one of the INTs was in Field Goal range, plus the short fields that Seattle had... and bunch of 3-outs on the offensive side of the ball

No one expected the Defense to play awesome. It was the offense that was supposed to carry the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    The ravens game didnt upset me as much as this one did. To get totally blown out of the water when your the best offense in history is hard to accept. There was absolutely no point in this game where we were competitive. The biggest beat down in superbowl history. Ending your season with that performance in the freakin superbowl is hard to get over.
    I totaly agree!!

just can''t come to terms with the way we GOT DEMOLISHED WITH THIS O!!!!