Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    664
    Thanks for the stories guys. I'm only 29, but I like reading these stories. You guys are the rock of the Denver Broncos fan base. Salute!
    Go Broncos!!!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    406
    I remember the first one. My ex-husband was stationed in Oklahoma and we had a bunch of people over for the game. Everyone knew I was a huge Broncos fan and the rest of them were Cowboys fans. I learned my lesson about partying with the enemy that day! It was hard to try to be gracious as a hostess when my heart was breaking. I will host Superbowl parties any other time than when my beloved Broncos are playing. When we went to the Superbowl against the Giants, my husband went and got me a new phone that had speed dial (a new feature at that time) so I could call into the local radio station to try to win tickets to the game. They gave away 5 pairs of tickets throughout the day and I won on the 4th one. I love that my husband is so supportive of my fandom even though he is not a football fan. We had a lot of fun at that Superbowl in spite of the loss. The first half was a blast! We even ran into some classy Giants fans after the game at our hotel who bought us drinks. It is always disappointing to lose, but I am and always will be a proud Broncos fan!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chillin at Ingle's
    Posts
    7,071
    Not I, I wasn't even a thought at the time, but I've been a fan for the other six Super Bowls.

    I've read about the 77-78 season, and bought the Broncos Greatest Games DVD so I watched the 77/78 AFC Championship and that was pretty cool to see the legends and the original number 7.

    I've spent 28 years now as a fan and I hope to have at least 40 more...
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.


    ***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

    Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,967
    I was. We were living in Socorro, NM at the time. I had a good friend who was a Cowboy fan. We watched it together.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I was. We were living in Socorro, NM at the time. I had a good friend who was a Cowboy fan. We watched it together.
    Did you hide his body well ?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,967
    Quote Originally Posted by WillTopper View Post
    Did you hide his body well ?
    He was a good friend. He passed away several years ago. I miss him.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    7,409
    I saw SB XII. It was very disappointing, but at the same time the feeling of accomplishment from the season was still there. We had never had a season like that before so it was all new and exciting. This year it's different because we have had success before and we had such high expectations for this season.


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Edge of Orange
    Posts
    2,977
    I watched it on television. We only got two channels. It hurt like all the rest of our Super Bowl losses. My brother is a Dallas fan so that added insult to injury. I've suffered through five Super Bowl blowouts. I had tears of joy when we beat Green Bay for the Lombardi Trophy, though!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,930
    Quote Originally Posted by 56crash View Post
    I remember some of Dallas DL really rubbing it in on the Oange Crush part... Kind of acting like spoiled brats
    I recall Hollywood Henderson, OLB for Dallas, crushed a can of orange crush and said, "Orange crush; its soda pop baby, you drink it, it doesnt win games for you!"

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosgal24 View Post
    I remember the first one. My ex-husband was stationed in Oklahoma and we had a bunch of people over for the game. Everyone knew I was a huge Broncos fan and the rest of them were Cowboys fans. I learned my lesson about partying with the enemy that day! It was hard to try to be gracious as a hostess when my heart was breaking. I will host Superbowl parties any other time than when my beloved Broncos are playing. When we went to the Superbowl against the Giants, my husband went and got me a new phone that had speed dial (a new feature at that time) so I could call into the local radio station to try to win tickets to the game. They gave away 5 pairs of tickets throughout the day and I won on the 4th one. I love that my husband is so supportive of my fandom even though he is not a football fan. We had a lot of fun at that Superbowl in spite of the loss. The first half was a blast! We even ran into some classy Giants fans after the game at our hotel who bought us drinks. It is always disappointing to lose, but I am and always will be a proud Broncos fan!
    That's really cool to hear about the past like that, and very awesome you were able to go to the super bowl! I remember that AFC Championship, so exciting, was that was "The Drive" and I think the next year was the fumble. Those super bowls were a bummer, but when you're born a bronco, you die a bronco. lol

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    9,647
    I was 15 at the time. I remember my dad and I going to a terminal near Stapleton Airport (Before DIA) and there was a huge crowd of crazy Broncos fans wishing the Broncos off to the superbowl. That was REAL Broncomania! Crazier than any year I have known.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    124
    i was 7 years old and it was the first super bowl i remember. well as much as a 7 year old could. We had just moved from NJ to Denver and the main thing that sticks out in my mind was how the whole city seemed so depressed afterward like a funeral had just taken place. what are we 2-7 now? 97-98 made up for all the bad previously but unfortunately it does nothing to help soothe the beat down we just took!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Fan View Post
    Comparing this Sunday's game with the '90 Super blowout to San Fran got me thinking back on ALL of them, and got me wondering how many of you were around and watched the first one with the 1977 Miracle Makers and the Orange Crush? That season was just so magical, that even though we didn't cap it with the Super Bowl win you still felt such a sense of pride and accomplishment as you knew they had just accomplished great things and made great strides. This past Sunday's game just left you with a feeling of utter devestation and disappointment, unfortunately.

    How many of you saw that first one either live or on TV in '78?
    I was 12 years old, and there has not been a season to compare to it ever since. To make the playoffs for the first time, AND make it all the way to the SB, to beat the BIGGEST rival of them all to do it, the Raiders? Don't get any better! The excitement and fan Frenzy was at an all time high, and it was cool to see the way the whole City, State, and region rallied around them.

    The best thing about that team was the Defense. I have heard Bob Swenson talk about how they would just RUN OVER EACH OTHER like madmen just to get to the ball. Denver has never seen anything like it since.

    Morton was a cool story too, givin up on by two teams, everyone thought he was done, he was a key component of the Offense.
    oh YEAH?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco'sSince77 View Post
    i was 7 years old and it was the first super bowl i remember. well as much as a 7 year old could. We had just moved from NJ to Denver and the main thing that sticks out in my mind was how the whole city seemed so depressed afterward like a funeral had just taken place. what are we 2-7 now? 97-98 made up for all the bad previously but unfortunately it does nothing to help soothe the beat down we just took!
    2-5. We will survive this. Survived the previous four didn't we? To me it doesn't diminish what they accomplished this year.
    oh YEAH?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    9,526
    I was living in Houston at the time of the first SB and had a bunch of my football buddies over that were rooting for Dallas, even though most of them were Oilers fans at the time. Of coarse I was the only one rooting for the Broncos and unfortunately after the game the ribbing never ended.

    My buddies were great friends but they were ruthless when it came to giving me crap about losing to the Cowboys. To them anyone who was from north of Dallas was a YANKEE which included me.

    I used to play sand lot ball with all these guys every weekend and we used to beat the crap out of each other. We then got smart and put together a team and we then got to beat the crap out of other people.

    I still love watching some of those old clips and even though we lost I take great pride that we were in the big game and all the other teams were watching from home.

    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •