Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    379

    Post-Devastation: How have you decompressed? What do you feel?

    Sunday night was the worst night of my life, I suppose I consider myself lucky that a football loss could be my rock bottom, but nevertheless it was. After crying for who knows how long and pounding beer/brownies to numb the pain, I passed out and the following day was another nightmare.

    However, now it is Wednesday and I'm having some surprising feelings. All the Super Bowl stuff I purchased doesn't make me feel ashamed or as depressed as I thought. I've left up the decals, pins, and will continue to wear the shirts surrounding the game. It's not that I'm not devastated, I just feel a certain calm about the fact that we made the Super Bowl at all (which I never expected to have because I find it sort of lame). It feels like a sort of denial to still surround myself with it, but I'm too deep in it to try and forget.

    How have you been feeling? How have you decompressed? What did you do to make yourself feel better? Do you feel sick or are you recovering? Let's have some group therapy here

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    21
    Terrible, I am in Seattle working 1 block away from the parade. This is my nightmare.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenz44 View Post
    Terrible, I am in Seattle working 1 block away from the parade. This is my nightmare.

    Oh god I couldn't deal with it!...

    As for me, no I haven't calmed down. I want John Fox fired more then I want to EAT right now. I hate that guy, actually REAL LIVE HATE!

    I will flip my wig if/when he gets an extension.. Then I will burn some orange stuff and leave football until he gets fired... I hate his smug little soft style and personality, and I hate the little finesse soft teams we are with him.

    I WANT JOHN FOX GONE more then anything in life right now! And its making me crazy because I know we probably are going to give him another year or even a extension!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    735
    I look at it for what it was...... A team that had an absolutely stunning set of losses of top notch people through out the season, who finally could not overcome those losses. I am more proud of them winning the playoffs with those injuries than I am upset with them losing the superbowl. A team that had 2 very bad plays that totally deflated them as the first plays of each half. A team where what was called PI against Denver was NOT called PI against Seattle. And some poor play at critical moments. We were playing most of our season with about 25% of our starters missing .... I am darn proud of the next men up and the team as a whole.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    10,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenz44 View Post
    Terrible, I am in Seattle working 1 block away from the parade. This is my nightmare.
    You and me both. I don't work as close, but luckily all the Seahawks fans are gone today. There are 3 people here I work with directly today a 49ers fan and someone who probably doesn't even know what a touchdown is, the rest called in or took the day off to attend the parade.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMarshall View Post
    Sunday night was the worst night of my life, I suppose I consider myself lucky that a football loss could be my rock bottom, but nevertheless it was. After crying for who knows how long and pounding beer/brownies to numb the pain, I passed out and the following day was another nightmare.

    However, now it is Wednesday and I'm having some surprising feelings. All the Super Bowl stuff I purchased doesn't make me feel ashamed or as depressed as I thought. I've left up the decals, pins, and will continue to wear the shirts surrounding the game. It's not that I'm not devastated, I just feel a certain calm about the fact that we made the Super Bowl at all (which I never expected to have because I find it sort of lame). It feels like a sort of denial to still surround myself with it, but I'm too deep in it to try and forget.

    How have you been feeling? How have you decompressed? What did you do to make yourself feel better? Do you feel sick or are you recovering? Let's have some group therapy here
    I've been traveling and just got back in town.
    I have an observation. Was it just me or did the entire Denver team seem on vacation for the game? From the opening snap to the final whistle, they looked disinterested and lacked any focus whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, Seattle played outstanding defense, but for the most prolific scoring offense in NFL history to only score 8 points in the biggest game of the year has me scratching my head. How is this possible?
    Another thing -- Elway said that he summed up the game in one word; Disappointing. I sure hope he is using stronger language in the locker room. Disappointed is when your dog poops on the carpet, not when you essentially play like a Pop Warner team in the Super Bowl.....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by dandaman23 View Post
    You and me both. I don't work as close, but luckily all the Seahawks fans are gone today. There are 3 people here I work with directly today a 49ers fan and someone who probably doesn't even know what a touchdown is, the rest called in or took the day off to attend the parade.
    I am at work with all Seattle fans. Fortunately they are not rubbing it in today.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Posts
    25
    Both my wife and myself have bounced back very well.
    Monday night I sat at my drafting table at home and drew out a large scale Bronco Head logo for her to use as the pattern for central motif of a Bronco quilt she is making. Most of the day Tuesday she worked on embroidering the outlines. It is going to be awesome. In the meantime, I have mulled over the game, hung out on the board here, and I even mustered up the courage to fire up the DVR and watch the replay of the game again, this time without the nervousness of the real-time version. Interesting.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    tucson az
    Posts
    3,014
    You know I've been ok since about the 3rd qtr Sunday. My wife on the other hand called out sick on Monday since she was depressed still.

    I remember the losses the previous super bowls and then the wins. This is just another step in what are the Broncos story and right now for me it's 2014-2015.

    You know I wore by Broncos hoodie on Monday and going around I got a few looks like people wanted to say something, but it was no major rubbing it in or so.

    The few times I did talk to people what could you say, I just mentioned that seattle just flat out played better and there's not much more to it. That's why I was "ok" so early, you just have to realize that they were beaten up by a bigger faster more physical team.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    9,578
    I'm pretty much over it. Have other things to do.
    Just waiting to see the next personnel moves this team does.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    236
    To the OP... great thread and great therapy! I was devastated by the end of the first half because I knew it was over. After the first possession of the second half I really knew it was over. Feeling better today but the last couple of days were rough. I just think that I'm glad I feel this way. Why? Because I care and I'm a fan of this team. And to be a fan you have to love your team in some of the most embarrassing of situations. I also look at it his way... if the sting of such a horrible loss didn't hurt so bad... then the joy of the big win wouldn't feel so good. We still have a chance to get back to the big dance and get some redemption. Onto 2014-2015!!! Go Broncos!!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    792
    It was a disappointment, but in the end I just can't find any rationale (personally) to let it affect my real life.

    I can't feel too bad for the coaches or players since all of them still collected paychecks well above the national average to play a game they love. Most all of them have loving families to go home to.

    I can't feel too bad for myself because it's not like it directly affects my life in a seriously negative way. There are millions around the world living in poverty or in war and I'm blessed to be much better off. I have a roof over my head, a good job, a great family.

    And while I feel bad for Broncos fans around the world, most (I assume) are probably not in the absolute bottom of the world in living standards.

    So all around, things could be much worse and this game didn't really have any tangible negative impact. Perspective.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    418
    I was pretty bummed out. I feel better knowing that most Seahawks fans are tools. I also felt better after hearing elway talk, i think he'll make great changes for the better. it was also a better day today because the Trojan landed 4 top tier recruits
    Last edited by jkinder33; 02-05-2014 at 09:10 PM.
    Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Posts
    853
    It still sickens me, and I get mad thinking about it. It changed me as a fan, I don't feel the same Bronco pride that I have for the last 20 years, idk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,535
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMarshall View Post
    Sunday night was the worst night of my life, I suppose I consider myself lucky that a football loss could be my rock bottom, but nevertheless it was. After crying for who knows how long and pounding beer/brownies to numb the pain, I passed out and the following day was another nightmare.

    However, now it is Wednesday and I'm having some surprising feelings. All the Super Bowl stuff I purchased doesn't make me feel ashamed or as depressed as I thought. I've left up the decals, pins, and will continue to wear the shirts surrounding the game. It's not that I'm not devastated, I just feel a certain calm about the fact that we made the Super Bowl at all (which I never expected to have because I find it sort of lame). It feels like a sort of denial to still surround myself with it, but I'm too deep in it to try and forget.

    How have you been feeling? How have you decompressed? What did you do to make yourself feel better? Do you feel sick or are you recovering? Let's have some group therapy here

    I'd say of the three I quoted you are in the best shape. Just remember its only a game. A very important game that we all are passionate about. But still just a game. No sense in letting your life be destroyed over something you can't control.


    Quote Originally Posted by SammyWinder View Post
    Oh god I couldn't deal with it!...

    As for me, no I haven't calmed down. I want John Fox fired more then I want to EAT right now. I hate that guy, actually REAL LIVE HATE!

    I will flip my wig if/when he gets an extension.. Then I will burn some orange stuff and leave football until he gets fired... I hate his smug little soft style and personality, and I hate the little finesse soft teams we are with him.

    I WANT JOHN FOX GONE more then anything in life right now! And its making me crazy because I know we probably are going to give him another year or even a extension!!!!
    Fox is going nowhere. And your hate is extremely misguided and makes me wonder if you have any knowledge of football whatsoever.

    Fox overcame a stroke and injuries to 5 defensive starters and Ryan Clady a top 5 LT in the game to reach the Super Bowl. It is an amazing feat that he accomplished. You need to grow up and stop being a spoiled, entitled fan. You should be appreciating what Fox did accomplish and not focusing one one bad game.

    I don't see you complaining about the fan base that let Seattle fans create a home crowd advantage. The team may say it had no impact but it was plain to the world to see from the get go that it had an affect. I'm ashamed of myself for not going to support our team. But if you weren't there then start spreading some blame to yourself and not the coaches and team who did their best.

    It was just a real bad day. Get over it.


    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatsBroncos View Post
    It still sickens me, and I get mad thinking about it. It changed me as a fan, I don't feel the same Bronco pride that I have for the last 20 years, idk
    This is truly pathetic. You are more than welcome to find a seat on another teams bus if you are no longer proud of the Broncos. I've been a fan for 30 years and my pride hasn't diminished one bit. Yes it's a humbling loss because we have to admit Seattle was better.

    But my broncos pride is as strong as ever after this season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •