Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I have detached myself from any sporting news,especially NFL Net.
    I already feel like it happened a year ago!

It has been a tough few days. I have kind of sequestered myself until the worst blows past, no ESPN and since I live in Spokane no local news-cuz that is all they talk about. At school today across the state at 12:12 they had 12 seconds of cheering for the seahawks and I was a good sport-had to be. I guess what bothers me the most is how we did not show up, period. Granted, we could have played really well and still lost, but it would have been a game and it wasn't. Many Seattle fans truly believe we are what we played in the preseason game and that wasn't true. I am interested in what Elway will do to improve things.

Most folks here are either Raider fans or else 49ers fans. I feel better after talking to Raider fans since I realize it could be worse. 49er fans are annoying. They keep claiming that they are legit #2 and broncos were posers. I guess there is some validity to that argument.

I want to add though that I am a broncos fan through and through. I will be excited to see us play San Fran and Seattle and hope we can be successful. I am hoping that Seahawks have to come to mile high, but I am sure we go there-just like the Pat's. That's okay, I want us tested. Then nobody can say "well who have the broncos played."

I have been positive about it what else can you do . but the more that come out about the stealing of hand signals the more pissed I get . what is the difference of what they did and what NE did in the past both were spurred on by their coaches . yes NE was doing more buy filming ...but I am now wondering if we did not get filmed . Look I get it Seattle has a good D but it is not that Good.

It was rough the next day, but I'm over it. I'm a little surprised at how quickly I've recovered, but then again, I've been through every playoff loss this team has had since Superbowl XII, so I'm jaded and have developed a thick skin over time I suppose.

All I feel now is some anger at Fox, especially after that presser, and anticipation. I cant wait for free agency, draft day, and to get the next season going!

I feel like John Fox and his staff and Manning embarrassed our franchise

I think I'm officially exhausted.

I think I've been pretty clear on my feelings about Manning and Fox (and Elway, to a lesser degree), but now...

I think enough is enough. I've ranted.

I'm at the point where I don't think that standing on this soapbox helps anything or anybody. I remember the arguments and fights over the "Tebow era" (lol), and how people on both sides just wouldn't let things go. Hanging onto the bitterness for too long turns into a drag for everybody here, not just the specific people arguing.

So yeah... I don't like Manning. I don't like Fox. I think Elway is taking the team in the wrong direction. But so what? It's time for me to find something else to talk about, at least for awhile. Like uniform changes... captions... light stuff.

Whether I'm right or wrong, the broncos/life/everything else will keep on chugging along. Might as well stay positive and enjoy the sights.
    This post may or may not have been written while under the influence of alcohol, and I disclaim all responsibility for its contents, herein...

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post

This is truly pathetic. You are more than welcome to find a seat on another teams bus if you are no longer proud of the Broncos. I've been a fan for 30 years and my pride hasn't diminished one bit. Yes it's a humbling loss because we have to admit Seattle was better.

But my broncos pride is as strong as ever after this season.
    Good for you, I'm embarrassed and will be for awhile. I'll always be a Bronco fan and I'll always remember what a pathetic joke of a SB team showed up

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I'd say of the three I quoted you are in the best shape. Just remember its only a game. A very important game that we all are passionate about. But still just a game. No sense in letting your life be destroyed over something you can't control.

Fox is going nowhere. And your hate is extremely misguided and makes me wonder if you have any knowledge of football whatsoever.

Fox overcame a stroke and injuries to 5 defensive starters and Ryan Clady a top 5 LT in the game to reach the Super Bowl. It is an amazing feat that he accomplished. You need to grow up and stop being a spoiled, entitled fan. You should be appreciating what Fox did accomplish and not focusing one one bad game.

I don't see you complaining about the fan base that let Seattle fans create a home crowd advantage. The team may say it had no impact but it was plain to the world to see from the get go that it had an affect. I'm ashamed of myself for not going to support our team. But if you weren't there then start spreading some blame to yourself and not the coaches and team who did their best.

It was just a real bad day. Get over it.

This is truly pathetic. You are more than welcome to find a seat on another teams bus if you are no longer proud of the Broncos. I've been a fan for 30 years and my pride hasn't diminished one bit. Yes it's a humbling loss because we have to admit Seattle was better.

But my broncos pride is as strong as ever after this season.
    YEAH...Preach it, Brother!!!!

Yeah, it hurt for a couple days. I had a feeling there was a chance we were going to loose, but not by THAT much!

But, I'm ready to look at 2014 now!
    We had a GREAT season this year guys!
    Depending on what we do in the offseason, we can get back there and win next year!

I celebrated our awesome ass kicking by contracting influenza A!

Sunday evening, about an hour after the game the fun began.

My daughter brought it home from school last Thursday, my wife got it on Friday.

It's been the weirdest 3-4 days of my life.... this ain't fun! No sir!

I am sad, but it gets better with each day. Been a fan for 34 years and I remember both the feeling of losing the Super Bowl and winning it. I've decided I prefer the latter.

It doesn't help I am in Hawk's territory and live with one...though he is being kind and not rubbing it in. I dream about the game at night....mostly because I think my brain refuses to accept we lost like that....I did not recognize the amazing team I have watched all season. I was there in Seattle when they lost the pre-season, and this was reminiscent of that..but much, much worse.

We all grieve in different ways and different speeds...I avoid all sports channels....stick to reading about the upcoming FA, and have hidden all news from this area from my FB feed because I can't stand to look at it...it just rips open the wound again.

I will get over it...so will the Broncos...we are nothing if not a resilient bunch and we will be back. I believe we can make the big dance again....I will bleed blue and orange forever! Go Broncs!

Personally, one major reason the loss was so hard for me was because it put the entire season into this perspective of fragility. You can break the records, own (nearly) everyone, and on the biggest stage in the world, suddenly none of it matters. It wisped away with a whimper. I always thought a close loss would be the worst and a blowout lets you down easier, but now I'm not sure. The way it disappeared with no fight just demoralized for reasons a tight game never could.

Did not bother me near as much as last years post season loss. I really did feel bad for the team. Maybe next season we'll take it all?