Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Holliday

Holliday

I'm sure this has been brought up on this forum but I'm fairly new to you guys.

I think he needs to go. I always argued that the reward far outweighed the risk with him but I think it's changed pretty dramatically over the last half of the season.

The guy takes it out of the end zone regardless of how deep the kick is, he's slow to start his acceleration, and he is probably the worst ball handler I've ever witnessed in the NFL.

Thoughts?

He had ball handling issues when he played down here in Houston. Outside of that, he’s awesome.
    Not sure if that’s something that can be fixed? But I feel like Denver isn’t 100% confident with has ball security either.
    Hate to see him fail.
    Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsmith View Post
    I'm sure this has been brought up on this forum but I'm fairly new to you guys.

I think he needs to go. I always argued that the reward far outweighed the risk with him but I think it's changed pretty dramatically over the last half of the season.

The guy takes it out of the end zone regardless of how deep the kick is, he's slow to start his acceleration, and he is probably the worst ball handler I've ever witnessed in the NFL.

Thoughts?
    There's not much I can add to this post. You pretty much summed it up. His reckless play was again demonstrated on the opening kickoff when the took the ball from deep in the end zone to I think the 10 yard line? I can't quite remember. All I know is that I was thinking why would he do that, did he think he would be able to run the ball back at will???

Having to hold your breath every time a player touches the ball is absolutely the worst feeling and not productive whatsoever. When he nearly fumbled in the Super Bowl I figured his days with the Broncos were over. It was overturned which may have saved him. How can he ever be trusted, though?

I think his time is up. Definitely is a threat, but the risk is too great. To small and his ball security is horrible. He seemed to have lost his confidence. He calls for the fair catch too early on punts and makes the worst decisions on kick offs to come out of the end zone and gets blasted prior to reaching the 20. I say we prep a young player or give a veteran with ST experience the shot.

I liked Holliday, but unfortunately it seems like a couple bad experiences has really shot his confidence. He's scared back there and that in turn really scares me. I'm tired of having to hold my breath for something so mundane as a kickoff!

And on a side note, all those blocks in the back don't help at all. I hope the team fixes that.

hes good as gone.

if the coaching staff trusted him he would have been returning punts when it counted most this season

He's turned into a wasted spot on the 53 man roster.

Yup, agree with everything you all have said. There is absolutely no more reward with this guy. Just think about it. If he didn't put us at the 10 yard line on the first return, that bad snap would not have been a safety. I know that this is a "what if" but he CONSTANTLY puts us in horrendous field position. I can't take it anymore. He is also scared out there and as we know, he fumbles too much. I just couldn't believe my eyes watching another fumble during the SB. For once we recovered but holy moly.

Decker does better but he might be gone anyway. Perhaps try Caldwell. But he's taking up a roster spot.

And by the way, who is our ST's coach anyway. Why hasn't he told him to not take the freaking ball out when he's in so deep in the EZ. Why has this message not gotten through? Whoever our ST coach is should be sent packing. If he called that stupid KO play to open the 2nd, I want him gone, gone, gone. When you have a kicker like Prater and you do that, Time to go!

I liked when caldwell was back there returning kicks

Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    He's turned into a wasted spot on the 53 man roster.
    Correction he was a detrimental spot to the 53 man roster ..

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Yup, agree with everything you all have said. There is absolutely no more reward with this guy. Just think about it. If he didn't put us at the 10 yard line on the first return, that bad snap would not have been a safety. I know that this is a "what if" but he CONSTANTLY puts us in horrendous field position. I can't take it anymore. He is also scared out there and as we know, he fumbles too much. I just couldn't believe my eyes watching another fumble during the SB. For once we recovered but holy moly.

Decker does better but he might be gone anyway. Perhaps try Caldwell. But he's taking up a roster spot.

And by the way, who is our ST's coach anyway. Why hasn't he told him to not take the freaking ball out when he's in so deep in the EZ. Why has this message not gotten through? Whoever our ST coach is should be sent packing. If he called that stupid KO play to open the 2nd, I want him gone, gone, gone. When you have a kicker like Prater and you do that, Time to go!

Interesting point, I didn't think about that. Goes to show how awful the team played from the very start.

He's an exclusive rights free agent so there is no downside in keeping him around for camp and preseason, but is roster spot is far from guaranteed.

I've always wondered if his hand size is the cause of his ball security problems, but I'm not sure what his measurements are there.

You people are out of your minds.

I think if they ingrain whats smart to do and whats not, then he can be a deadly weapon.....but someone needs to get through. Some balls shouldnt be caught and some kicks shouldnt be brought out....the key is having a guy who is quick enough mentally -to make the proper call.