Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Carr crumbles under pressure, I don't see the hype.

And if guys you recall, the last quarterback to tell the team with the #1 pick that they will regret it if they pass on him was none other than Peyton Manning.

Now Manziel isn't Manning, but I think easily he can play up to Favre's legacy. Manziel isn't Tebow and he isn't Wilson. Whoever drafts this kid will be happy.

Dude, you cannot compare Manziel to Favre. Favre is one of the greatest IMO. H never missed a game. He had a rocket arm. He made plays. Manziel will never live up to Favre.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Quote Originally Posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    This is why I love Manziel, he wants to win and he loves football. Who wouldn't want a young Favre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Only Favre was Favre, Manziel is arrogant and cocky. Nobody likes a person like that, especially me.
    The difference between Favre coming of college and Favre going into the Hall is time. He was once a coin flip quarterback that didn't start, so don't forget that. Manziel could very well be a young Brett Favre out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    The difference between Favre coming of college and Favre going into the Hall is time. He was once a coin flip quarterback that didn't start, so don't forget that. Manziel could very well be a young Brett Favre out there.
    If the only difference was time, why is he known as a Packer rather than a Falcon? Manziel is more like Leaf than Favre. Manziel was asked what he'd do if he wasn't picked in the first round - his answer? He'd sit out a year.

If the only difference was time, why is he known as a Packer rather than a Falcon? Manziel is more like Leaf than Favre. Manziel was asked what he'd do if he wasn't picked in the first round - his answer? He'd sit out a year.
    Good thing he'll be picked in the 1st then

“I don’t know what I would do,” Manziel said when asked what he would do if he was not going to be a first round draft pick. “It would be a decision I would have to make with my family and see what was best for me. It would probably mean returning to A&M another year but I would just see what’s in that position.”

Link

Favre was a second round pick, something Manziel feels would be such an insult that he'd sit out a year.

Manziel only cares about money not the sport - just selling "Johnny Football". Ryan Leaf 2.0 with some Jeff George and Todd Marinovich thrown in.

If the Texans want to draft a QB, they'd be better off with Bridgewater. I like his potential a lot.

This is classless is untrue. The worst mistake was not protecting Carr
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    If the Texans want to draft a QB, they'd be better off with Bridgewater. I like his potential a lot.
    My favorite QBs in order:

Bortles
    Bridgewater
    Carr
    Garappolo
    Manziel
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Am I the only one who doesn't see anything wrong with this?

He never guaranteed anything... he stated he "wants to do this and that". He's stating his case for being the #1 pick. Though the way he said it is a little brash and uncommon, I feel like probably 95% of incoming picks have a "if you pass on me I'll never forget it" attitude and ALWAYS say that in the media.

I don't love his character, nor am I totally sold on him as a prospect but I, for one, am rooting for his success and believe if he's put in the right system he can flourish and be as good or better than russell wilson. That being said he does need to prove he's matured which will take a couple of years.

I also don't like the favre comparisons. I think Manziel is super unique.

Manziel only cares about money not the sport - just selling "Johnny Football". Ryan Leaf 2.0 with some Jeff George and Todd Marinovich thrown in.
    Throw Jay Cutler in there as well
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Manziel doesn't have anywhere near the raw talent of the above 3.

Because as time passed he was given the opportunity to show case his skill... My post was referring to him being the same player with the same character as a falcon and a packer.. He may have developed some but he didn't turn anything around in his career.

He now says he will bring a Super Bowl trophy to the Cleveland Browns: http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/...er-bowl-021414

Even if Johnny turns out to be really good, he ain't gonna win a Super Bowl with that team. Aside from Gordon and Cameron, NO talent on offense.

I kinda want him to be drafted by Cleveland so he can really get smacked around.