Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    While I agree with you on this one (I too liked all of those guys you listed), I have been watching the guys in this draft and I don't see a defensive play maker for us.

Maybe Chris Borland MLB from Wisconsin...

BUT... on offense. There is a WR from Oregon State... Brandin Cooks. This could be our TY Hilton/Percy Harvin.
    Go Broncos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan2011 View Post
    IMO hardy is gonna get 12+ a year.
    I don't think he will make that much. His franchise tag will put him at 11 mil this coming year. I think a fair number is around 10 with no guarantees. In fact I'd much rather see a guy make less and get a sack escalator so say his salary is 8.5 with the potential to make an extra 2.5-3 depending on production.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I like most of it and am in the minority that Hardy will get crazy money....DE's were not paid the huge dollars last year and the cap is still flat. 9 Mil isn't too far off the mark IMO. I can see where each year he goes up so he hits that 12 million in, say, 2 years or with incentives but to call 9 mill cap hit this year is pretty realistic.

and I would love a premium strong safety....oh my would I ever.
    Like Byrd?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Like Byrd?
    Byrd is a free safety

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies3384 View Post
    While I agree with you on this one (I too liked all of those guys you listed), I have been watching the guys in this draft and I don't see a defensive play maker for us.

Maybe Chris Borland MLB from Wisconsin...

BUT... on offense. There is a WR from Oregon State... Brandin Cooks. This could be our TY Hilton/Percy Harvin.
    Borland is the guy for the defense. Playmaker.. always around the ball, good blitzer from the inside, forces fumbles (even though he only had 1 this past year). I truly believe he will be an elite two down thumper out the gate and within his first 2-3 years will become a solid three down LB. He could be a three down guy as a rookie potentially.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM

The only thing about drafting a guy like Boreland it means that we still have to sign another linebacker that can cover. With Woodyard possibly leaving that leaves us 1 linebacker that can drop back into coverage and have success in Trevathon. To me this is why I like Smallwood over Boreland in he was asked to do a lot more in coverage and has a little better athleticism. He doesn't have the big hits or offer quite as much in the blitzing department but to me he is the best all-around MLB in this draft that immediately becomes a 3-down guy for whatever team drafts him.

Quote Originally Posted by cdumler7 View Post
    The only thing about drafting a guy like Boreland it means that we still have to sign another linebacker that can cover. With Woodyard possibly leaving that leaves us 1 linebacker that can drop back into coverage and have success in Trevathon. To me this is why I like Smallwood over Boreland in he was asked to do a lot more in coverage and has a little better athleticism. He doesn't have the big hits or offer quite as much in the blitzing department but to me he is the best all-around MLB in this draft that immediately becomes a 3-down guy for whatever team drafts him.
    If we were to go Borland at mlb and with Champ most likely going to safety what would you think of more 1 linebacker 3 safety looks?

Quote Originally Posted by cdumler7 View Post
    It's crazy but Smallwood is a guy I'm not a fan of at all, but hey, people always have different evaluations.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM

Intensity wise our D can't match up with Seattle or San Francisco. If we make it to the superbowl again next year against one of them were not gonna win. We need some Players on D who aren't going to be afraid. Aren't going to get rattled. In the superbowl. If we had apick or a fumble it couldve changed momentum. Especially in the first half. But we didn't get anything. Our D looked Scared. As Did our whole team. But still.Your D shouldn't be afraid like that I'm positive if von Miller was there he Would have Made a play and gave us a little hope. Changed momentum a little. Where was Trev then ? Trev had such a good season because von Miller and RahimMoore were out. And paris lenon was in the middle. He surely wasn't going to do anything good. So somebody had to get all the tackles. Trev is a good player. But we need a impact player. Not just a good linebacker.

We need more then Trev. More impact players.
    Last edited by Montoya; 02-20-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Kyle Van Noy is a guy I want here, if you need a big play this guy makes it.
    played high school ball against that kid, he was a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
    If we were to go Borland at mlb and with Champ most likely going to safety what would you think of more 1 linebacker 3 safety looks?
    Well only problem with that is say they pick up the 1st down then I could see a team going hurry up knowing we have the small unit on the field and just running it down our throats. That is what New England did 2 years ago was especially when Von went off the field for a breather they would go to the hurry up and just pass it all day. When we would go to our nickel they would then just run it on us all day. This is why I think it is still important we have 2 linebackers on the field when we go nickel.

Free agency wishlist

SS- Bernard Pollard
    CB- Resign DRC
    DE- Michael johnson
    DE- Resign Shawn Phillips
    MLB- Daryl Smith
    WR- Emanuel Sanders
    WR- Devin Hester or Ted Gin JR

Cuts- Champ Bailey, Chris Kuper.
    Last edited by Ohenhen12345; 02-21-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Mine:

CB DRC
    DE Hardy
    MLB Smith

CB--DRC (I think pretty much everybody is in agreement that we need to resign DRC)
    SS--TJ Ward
    DE--Johnson
    WR--Nicks
    MLB--Smith

There is no way we could sign all of these guys but if we got say 3 of them I would be one happy camper especially if it is the first 3 on my list.

CB - DRC & Alterraun Verner
    DE - Hardy
    WR - Nicks
    MLB - Butler or Dansby