Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The Browns are announcing they have severed ties with WR Davone Bess. Bess' mental state has been declining since last season. The Browns wish him the best moving forward and hope he get the treatment he desperately needs. (this actually happened, doing the same here).

Prior to the draft the team feels it's in a better state than it was a month ago. The team has lost QB BRANDON WEEDEN, QB JASON CAMPBELL, RB WILLIS MCGAHEE, WR DAVONE BESS, C ALEX MACK, G SHAWN LAUVAO, & G JON GRECO. However, the team has gained QB KIRK COUSINS who will compete with QB Brian Hoyer for the starting position. Also RB has bee upgraded with the addition of RB BEN TATE. The OL needed to be upgraded and traded away dead weight in Lauvao and Greco. Mack left through simulated Free Agency while the team retained Ward. Also, LB Jackson is still a Brown in this simulation not a Colt.

Statement from San Francisco 49ers GM

We had a pretty stacked roster to begin with, so we just wanted to tweak a couple of small things and set ourselves up well for the draft.

-We ditched Carlos Rogers and acquired Cortland Finnegan at the CB position. In addition, we still have Tarrell Brown, Tramaine Brock, and Chris Culliver coming back. Plus we also plan on spending an early draft choice on the position.

-We wanted to add some depth for the back end of our defense, so we traded for Brandon Meriweather. He will be the 3rd Safety, backing up the returning Donte Whitner and Eric Reid. We might also target another S at some point in the draft.

-We added OT Jonathan Martin to be the 3rd "swing" tackle behind Anthony Davis and Joe Staley. We know Martin had some issues fitting in with the Miami locker room, but we felt comfortable reuniting him with his former college coach Jim Harbaugh.

-OC Goodwin was re-signed to a 1 year deal, but the team is looking for another one early in the draft to push the emerging Daniel Kilgore as the long term replacement.

-At WR, we lost Mario Manningham and added Emmanuel Sanders as the 3rd option. Plus we also are targeting another big time threat in the NFL draft to help improve our passing game.

-We brought in one of the best backup QBs in the league in Jason Campbell and also brought in some insurance at MLB in Daryl Sharpton in case Navarro Bowman's knee isn't quite ready at the beginning of the season.

-Additionally: Still looking for some youth in the d-line and possibly another 3-4 OLB, although we really like to prospects of Corey Lemonier.

Statement from Houston Texans GM

We came in to the offseason with 3 main needs: QB, RT, and 3-4 OLB. We addressed the first by adding Michael Vick via trade. We know it was rumored the Texans were looking for more of a pocket passer to be groomed by Bill O'Brien, but the chance to add Vick was just too good to pass up. We felt that he'd give our team the best chance to succeed this year. We will be evaluating all the QBs in the coming draft and deciding on whether or nor any of them appeal to us as the long term answer.

Additionally, we would like to formally announce that after a couple years of speculation, LB Brooks Reed will finally be moved inside to partner with Brian Cushing. We just feel that someone else could probably bring in some more pass rush in the OLB spot, but still want to find a place for Reed to play. After a couple of trades fell through looking for a veteran 3-4 OLB, expect the team to use an early draft pick on someone who can attack the QB. After all, we have to deal with Andrew Luck for the next decade. Finding another OLB to pair with Whitney Mercilus and JJ Watt will help solidify our defense and make our secondary look a lot better.

We are sad to announce the team has lost Ben Tate to the Cleveland Browns, and we wish him the best as he tries to start his career as a #1 RB in the NFL. However, we still feel good with Arian Foster as our guy and we brought in Anthony Dixon and Delone Carter to challenge our returning stable of backs for the #2 and #3 RBs slots.

Additionally, the team acquired DL Tyson Alualu from division rival Jacksonville. We feel that he will immediately come in and push Antonio Smith for the other starting DE spot, and possible be the long term replacement for the veteran.

I know there's a lot of speculation about what we'll do with the #1 overall pick, but in the end I think we're going to stick with the philosophy that's served us best for a number of years now - and that is to draft guy you think will help your team the most. You don't often get a chance at a top 5 pick, (well, most teams don't) so when you get the chance you need to make sure you hit on your pick. And that's what we plan to do.
    Last edited by berlownacyo7s; 03-09-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Jacksonville Jaguars

Players Lost: LB R. Allen, WR J. Blackmon, RB M. Jones-Drew, DE J. Babin, DL T. Alualu, RB D. Carter
    Players Gained: OT M. Oher, RB R. Turbin, TE T. Wright, LB D. Watson, OG Z. Beadles, DE R. Ayers, DE M. Johnson, OC A. Shipley, QB M. Schaub, WR H. Nicks

The Jacksonville Jaguars would like to hold a press conference regarding their Free Agency moves.

Question: "Flowda, what would you say are the areas the Jags needed to improve to be competitive in the division?"

Answer: "I would say we came into Free Agency with holes all over the roster. First of all, we knew we had a couple of Free Agents who were not going to return. MJD and Jason were of these two. I would say that team needs involved OL, DL, QB, RB, WR, and LB."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: "Why did the team trade Justin Blackmon?"

Answer: "The team felt like Justin could benefit from a new tow, new team, and new support structure. He has had a troubled pasthere in Jacksonville, and this move will benefit all parties. We received a starting caliber OT (Oher) I return. We have confidence in Austin Pazstor, but felt like the deal was to good to pass on."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: "What other moves did you make to improve the roster?"

Answer: "First off let me sayit was a pleasure to have coached and been around Russel, Tyson, and Delone (to go along with MJD, Jason, and Justin). To answer your question, we added OT Oher, RB Turbin, WR Nicks, TE Wright, LB Watson, OG Beadles, DE Ayers, DE Johnson, OC Shipley, and QB Shaub."

Question: "Will any of those players be starters?"

Answer: "Yes. Michael Johnson, Michael Oher, Hakeem Nicks, and Zane Beadles are coming in as starters. Ayers, Turbin, Watson, and Shipley will compete for staring jobs. Wright and Shaub are coming to provide depth. Wright ad Shaub are perfect depth guys and we feel with Wright and Lewis at TE will scare some teams in the red zone."

Question: "Will the Jaguars be able to improve the league worst rating in terms of sacks?"

Answer: "We would like to. That's why we added Michael Johnson? We love the improvement Andre Branch and Sen'Derrick Marks have shown as well. Adding Michael Johnson and whoever we add in the draft should help us in that regard."

Question: "Do you plan to address the QB position?"

Answer: "We still have the draft to go through, but we like the capability of Henne and Shaub."

Question: "What direction do you plan to take in the draft at #8?"

Answer: "Now that is a good question. I have no idea. We may go K or P."

Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

The Miami Dolphins GM BFB has addressed his offseason acquisitions and losses:

GAINS

Carlos Rogers -
    This team already has a talented secondary. I really do think that. But I felt we could use one more corner in the secondary, and for two reasons. One is that we play Tom Brady twice a year. Two is that if we're gonna compete for a Super Bowl, we're gonna play some real good QB's. We'd likely have to play Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in the playoffs if we want to make it to the Super Bowl, and we gotta prepare for it. Carlos is a very talented corner, and I'm surprised San Fran decided to trade him. He's a great fit here.

Wesley Woodyard -
    Wesley is everything you want in a weakside linebacker. He tackles well, covers well, and can even provide pressure. I feel weakside is his natural position and to get him for a 5th is a steal if you ask me. We're not gonna play him at MLB like he was in Denver.

Maurice Jones-Drew -
    This guy is a very talented back still, and I think he will benefit in our offense. I felt we could use another back that was dependable.

Jason Babin -
    He's not gonna be a starter here, and he knows that, but he will get plenty of playing time still. He wants to compete for a Super Bowl, he told me himself. Cameron and Oliver had great years, they're wonderful players, but we shouldn't overuse them. Besides, you can never have enough pass rushers. That also helps since, like I said earlier, we play Tom Brady twice a year.

Chris Kuper -
    You know, he's had some injury problems the last few years, but he's still starter quality if you ask me. He'll have plenty of time to heal this offseason and compete for a starting job.

LOSSES

Jared Odrick -

Jared has done some good things for us, but he's just not gonna get much playing time here. I traded him so he can have the opportunity he deserves. I wish him the best of luck in Denver.

Jonathan Martin -

I feel Martin wasn't exactly the best fit here.

Michael Egnew -

He's behind Dustin Keller and Charles Clay on the depth chart. I traded him so he can have an opportunity to get more playing time elsewhere. He was fine with either decision.

His summary is here:

"I mostly did trades to improve the defense, but I'm not done improving the team. If I play my cards right, I can still add a few quality starters though the draft. I plan on drafting at least one offensive lineman, maybe more. I feel this team is a playoff contender. Had we beaten the Jets, we would've been in the playoffs last year. However, playoff contender isn't good enough. I want this team to be a Super Bowl contender. I don't want the Miami Heat to be the city's only good team."

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

OC Alex Mack, OG John Greco, OG/RT Geoff Schwartz, and OT Winson Justice were brought in to facilitate the transition to New Coach Gruden's demand for larger lineman. Mack and Schwartz are two guys we brought in we feel will immediately become best friends with Bob and the Butler. Greco is an interesting guy because he is really only a single year away from a top 10 performance, and we feel good about his ability to regain that performance inbetween a familiar face in Mack and arguably the league's best left tackle in Silverback. Justice is another guy who was a good starter a year ago and should provide excellent depth at the very least.

QB Ponder, RB Bolden, WR Manningham, and TE Dreesen were brought in to provide some stability for the offense. Ponder should replace Cousins who we felt has greatly helped the team for the final time and wish him the best in the future. Bolden, Manningham, and Dreesen will all compete for playing time with each bringing another option to the offense. We are hopeful to the recovery of Manningham and Dreesen.

DE Mitch Unrein, ILB Jameel McClain, and ILB Kelvin Sheppard all bring some relentless run stopping ability to the defense. Mitch is a guy who we believe has the talent to step into a starting role and will compete with Jarvis for the spot opposite Cofield. McClain and Sheppard will compete with Keenan Robinson for the two open ILB positions. We are sad to see Perry go, but we just couldn't afford to give him the salary he was demanding.

CB Orlando Scandrick and S James Ihedigbo bring some veteran depth to perhaps the weakest unit going into this offseason. Both guys are expected to compete for starting jobs and both are coming off career years. Scandrick will compete with Amerson opposite of Hall and will man the nickle position. Ihedigbo will take over strong safety for Reed Doughty who has finally moved on from the Redskins.

DB Matt Slater, S David Bruton, NB Javier Arenas, and P Matt McBriar were all brought in to shore up a historically bad special teams unit. Slater is going to move to back to the position he played in college, safety. We saw Belicheck use him as a safety when injuries piled up for them and he really shined with only a week's practice; we think he's got all the potential in the world at safety and are excited to see what he does this training camp. Bruton will compete for the starting spot with last year's fourth round pick Phillip Thomas for the spot opposite Ihedigbo while playing special teams. Arenas will be the return man and play in sub packages on defense. McBriar brings some stability to the punter position that was needed, we could not stand 15 yard shanks anymore.

We are sad to see Santana Moss leave Washington after all these years, but we hope he finds immediate success in the future. We are a rebuilding team and just felt he would be better served to chase a ring. It's a win win for us.

On a final note, Washington is proud to be the most active team in free agency. For a while there it was really neck and neck between us and the Broncos, but in the end we pulled off a buzzer beater to put us in the lead. Quantity is the name of the game.
    Last edited by THEdraftnik; 03-09-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    Denver Broncos GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosk View Post
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Press Release from the Dallas Cowboys' Front Office:

We are very pleased with the way our off-season has gone thus far. We had a lot of team needs coming into the trading period and my staff and I feel that we have brought in quality veterans to fill at least four of those needs.

It was a tough decision to let Miles and Orlando go, but I think they will both continue to prosper in their new homes. Orlando has a lot of opportunity to become a regular starter over in our nation's capital and if he can get and stay healthy, Miles will be a key for his new team as well.

That being said, when you look at a game like we had against the Denver Broncos last season, where our offense puts up 48 points and we allow theirs to put up 52, you can't overlook that, you can't ignore that. We had to go out and look for guys that could help prevent that type of situation in the future, guys that can keep Tony and his offense's lead late in the game from being taken away from them.

Speaking of Denver, Shaun Phillips was a key portion to their defensive success last year and he was always around the quarterback, putting pressure on or getting to him in time. Phillips will be a great addition to come in and help out DeMarcus on the other side of the field. We also brought in Adam Carriker, another veteran guy who can come in and add depth and support to the aforementioned guys.

Another wonderful addition, and one that I'm extremely excited about personally, is the addition of Champ Bailey to our secondary. We are aware that he is getting a little older, and he may have had some injury woes the past couple of seasons, but there is no denying that he still has the ability to play at a high level. We have some pretty solid corners in Brandon and Morris, so the addition of Champ will be added security. He has also expressed willingness to rotate in at the safety position if need be, so that's another reason we were excited to bring him in.

We tried to bring in veteran safety help as well as a top receiver, but unfortunately we couldn't get those deals done. We were able to address some offensive line issues by bringing in another guy that can not only add depth, but also compete for the starting job and likely get it. We brought in Tyler Polumbus with the same trade as Carriker and that was another deal we felt pretty good about.

Our final move that we made late last night (and I'm thankful this deal was able to get done in time) is bringing in linebacker Will Witherspoon. He will be able to add some much needed depth at that position as well and allow us to look elsewhere earlier in the draft.

We started with 8 picks in the draft going in, and I'm very happy that our staff here was able to keep it that way. We have some movement in later rounds and we were able to get out of the 2nd altogether, but being able to bring in five key guys and still come out with 8 picks going forward is tremendous work. This will allow us to go back to some of the positions we filled during the trading period and add even more depth, as well as address those last few positions that are desperately needed.

Thank you.

RealBronco
    General Manager
    Dallas Cowboys
    Last edited by RealBronco; 03-09-2014 at 10:29 PM.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Trading Period Grades

STL - 68
    PHI - 68
    WAS - 67
    SEA - 66
    MIA - 65
    SF - 65
    NE - 64
    ATL - 64

HOU - 63
    DAL - 63
    DEN - 62
    KC - 62
    TB - 62
    PIT - 62
    NYJ - 61
    JAX - 61
    CIN - 59
    CLE - 59
    TEN - 58
    CAR - 58
    BAL - 57
    ARI - 57
    NO - 57

CHI - 52
    MIN - 51
    NYG - 50
    IND - 50

BUF - 43
    SD - 42
    DET - 39

GB - n/a
    OAK - n/a

Those were all the raw scores from the graders. As a math teacher, I would put a 26 point curve on these results. Thus, any grade 64 or above would be an "A" and anything below a 44 would be an "F". Top middle cluster would be the "B"s and the lower middle cluster would be the "C"s. Take that as you will, but that's how I'd do it. The average was a 58.5, with two teams not receiving a grade because they did not make any trades.
    Last edited by berlownacyo7s; 03-30-2014 at 08:01 AM.