Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Would you guys be so against losing Decker if it meant in return we could sign a player to start for us next season to fill up a hole in positions we desperately need (whether it's on our o-line or defense) along with getting a serviceable wide receiver to replace him in free agency?

I still feel like even if we lose Decker our receiving core let alone our passing attack is still one of the best in the league. Like I said in another thread Manning can still get production out of anyone as long as the talent is there and while we lose some of our flashiness we gain more balance and stability in the end of it.

I wouldn't expect that replacement receiver to produce numbers like Decker but at the same time I think we need to integrate more balance into our team so we don't rely so heavily on Manning. I think more depth and balance will gear the team to play so we wouldn't even need that replacement to produce Decker like numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    He won't be a #1...unless some other football team may have the capability of getting production out of him in a system. Chances are, the teams that want him are watching tape to determine how they could best utilize him. Other teams have the ability to take advantage of a player's skill set.

No NFL receiver is told to just go out there and do...whatever. They all fit into a system.

He's not going to take 7.5 if another team offers him 10. Rings aren't nearly as important to a receiver's "legacy." In fact, QB's are the only beneficiaries/legatees of the ring theory.

Skill position guys are at the highest risk of a career ending short. Decker would be smart to follow the money. Elway will try to keep him, but he's also a smart business man.
    Wrong.
    Julio jones
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ green
    Dez Bryant
    Desean Jackson

You play them 1 on 1 and you're goin to lose. DECKERS going to demand bug money and he doEnt deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    Would you guys be so against losing Decker if it meant in return we could sign a player to start for us next season to fill up a hole in positions we desperately need (whether it's on our o-line or defense) along with getting a serviceable wide receiver to replace him in free agency?

I still feel like even if we lose Decker our receiving core let alone our passing attack is still one of the best in the league. Like I said in another thread Manning can still get production out of anyone as long as the talent is there and while we lose some of our flashiness we gain more balance and stability in the end of it.

I wouldn't expect that replacement receiver to produce numbers like Decker but at the same time I think we need to integrate more balance into our team so we don't rely so heavily on Manning. I think more depth and balance will gear the team to play so we wouldn't even need that replacement to produce Decker like numbers.
    Well said bro, damn good

Let the guy walk. He's been good for us, but there are a lot of players just as capable as him.

Here is Eric Decker 2.0... Jordan Matthews. Same height, 9lbs lighter, same #87.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfoPwGsNhco

If you don't like him, how about Donte Moncrief. Same Size as DT. Check out the play at 1:00
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNmiRu3Kcf0
    Go Broncos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Wrong.
    Julio jones
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ green
    Dez Bryant
    Desean Jackson

You play them 1 on 1 and you're goin to lose. DECKERS going to demand bug money and he doEnt deserve it
    Who said anything about how the defense plays them? I said no team tells a WR to go out there and just do whatever they want. They are in a system, run plays from a playbook, and have to develop chemistry with their QB.

Decker is going to be OFFERED big money because his numbers suggest he's earned it. Plus, he does good things on film. Some team will believe they can utilize his strengths.

lol...Wrong? Do you even know what that means?

Decker isnt a system WR. Hes a beast and if not injured in college was a borderline first round pick. He could be a number one on 15-20 teams.

Hope he stays, he adds to the great chemistry and maturity of the team, thats hard to replace.

Lol you're the type of guy who would have paid big money to Portis.

Players benefit from systems, deal with it.
    And your the type of guy that refuses to show any kind of loyalty towards players you deem unworthy...Answer me this. If Portis was was just "benefiting from the system" what back have we had since him that put up almost 2000 all purpose yards? Portis did that back to back for us and his numbers didn't drop off too badly aside from the 3 years of injury.

Now I'm not saying we should have kept Portis but it just goes to show you are trying to discredit Decker as being just part of the system but the same things were said about Portis and yet he did just fine outside of Denver. On the flip side our rushing numbers dipped consistently lower year after year until just recently. And even now we've still never had another back like him.

Decker has more talent than you choose to acknowledge, this isn't just going to be one of those things where "next man up" is just going to plug and play and put up the same numbers.

Wrong.
    Julio jones
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ green
    Dez Bryant
    Desean Jackson

Decker is a stud. I don't think Desean Jackson's name belongs in that list; easily the most overrated receiver in the league. I don't think he is a top 15 receiver. Hell probably barely top 20

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post

I have brought this up before, i guess it depends who and what positions they used that money on.

And two, who they replace Decker with.

Quote Originally Posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Decker is a stud. I don't think Desean Jackson's name belongs in that list; easily the most overrated receiver in the league. I don't think he is a top 15 receiver. Hell probably barely top 20
    He was top 10 in receiving yards this season while having no one else opposite him.

Please, DJax is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    When Denver was playing NE both times you were the troll calling him soft, and over rated. Now that he's on his way out, he's a stud...

Hmmm Typical Pats fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the Denver Fan View Post
    When Denver was playing NE both times you were the troll calling him soft, and over rated. Now that he's on his way out, he's a stud...

Hmmm Typical Pats fan.
    He is soft when teams play him physically; look at Colts, Pats, Seattle, Chargers games. But I still think he is better than most people give him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    He was top 10 in receiving yards this season while having no one else opposite him.

Please, DJax is a beast.
    Didn't give too much thought to these rankings so might be a little out of order or in no particular order but these are receivers who are better than desean jackson:

Calvin Johnson
    Andre Johnson
    Josh Gordon
    Brandon Marshall
    Alshon Jeffrey
    Dez Bryant
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Demaryius
    Vincent Jackson
    Pierre Garcon
    Jordy Nelson
    Antonio Brown
    Boldin
    Larry Fitz
    TY Hilton
    Steve Smith (if healthy)
    Reggie Wayne (if healthy)

Thats 17 just off the top of my head and I think some others could be borderline better.

Forgot Crabtree, Roddy White, and Harvin too
    Last edited by bgpatsfan; 02-19-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Decker is a very solid receiver. Yes, I will miss him if he leaves via FA. But, we still have Peyton Manning.... And that's all that really needs to be said.