Page 74 of 98 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1456
  1. #1096
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,984
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I canít imagine having given up on Sopranos, Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones in the first 10 minutes. I didnít even like Game of Thrones until season 3 other than bits and pieces. Thankfully my wife kept me into it.
    Game Of Thrones season one is one of my favorite seasons.

    Really looking forward to season 3 of Frontier.

  2. #1097
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,557
    Just finished the Viet Nam doc that's trending. Amazing. It's long as hell, but they didn't waste much. They probably spent a little more time on the protest angle, but the way they tied it all together was extremely well done.

  3. #1098
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,859
    Finished up season two of Luke Cage today. It was good. Initially it was on pace to be better than season 1. But they kind of wasted the last 2-3 episodes. Loved Bushmaster. But it wasnít a wise decision to ultimately spend another entire season with Mariah being the main Antagonist. She is beyond obnoxious and 1 season of her was enough.

    Overall still liked the season though. Way better than Jessica Jones.

  4. #1099
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,465
    Was better than Jessica jones... but I lost interest just after half way through. .... it felt really dragged out... too bad. I liked the first season a lo t
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  5. #1100
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,859
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Was better than Jessica jones... but I lost interest just after half way through. .... it felt really dragged out... too bad. I liked the first season a lo t
    It was a bit dragged out at the end. And Luke was pointless in his own season finale which was dumb. Probably could’ve ended after episode 11 which was the last time Luke and Bushmaster fought I believe.

  6. #1101
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    8,070
    Just started watching dexter. Gotta say that im pleasantly suprised

    Oh and rewatching into the badlands
    Glen Haven Fire

  7. #1102
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,859
    Finally finished up the Last Jedi last night. Didnít get any better to me at the end and was a rather uneventful climax.

  8. #1103
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,338
    Kinda nervous about the next OITNB.......
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  9. #1104
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,859
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Kinda nervous about the next OITNB.......
    Same........

  10. #1105
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,338
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Same........
    Hopefully, it's a shot in the arm the show needs. Last season was not up to standard.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  11. #1106
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Just finished the Viet Nam doc that's trending. Amazing. It's long as hell, but they didn't waste much. They probably spent a little more time on the protest angle, but the way they tied it all together was extremely well done.
    Same... I'm about 1/2 way through. It's amazing. Ken Burns does such a nice job.

    Also, wife is making me watch "GLOW." It took a couple episodes for me to get into, but it's actually a decent show.

  12. #1107
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    www.SuperMcSmashieLand.com
    Posts
    10,476
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Finally finished up the Last Jedi last night. Didn’t get any better to me at the end and was a rather uneventful climax.
    I don't see why so many people liked it. Slowest chase seen in history and the idea of being the "spark" after all your friends abandoned you and your ass was thoroughly pummeled is just bad writing.

    That movie needed 60 minutes cut out of it.


    I adopt andrewmlb.


  13. #1108
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    www.SuperMcSmashieLand.com
    Posts
    10,476
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Hopefully, it's a shot in the arm the show needs. Last season was not up to standard.
    Last season was horrible. If this one sucks, I'm done. I don't care if there are lots of boobies in it or not!


    I adopt andrewmlb.


  14. #1109
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Same... I'm about 1/2 way through. It's amazing. Ken Burns does such a nice job.

    Also, wife is making me watch "GLOW." It took a couple episodes for me to get into, but it's actually a decent show.
    The WWII one wasn't as good, but I think that was for two reasons. One, the obvious, is that WWII was fought on so many fronts. I think that's why his Vietnam documentary was so comprehensive in comparison. The other thing is that back then media access to the theatre was more limited. Civilians were less exposed to it, and that contributed to a lot of political unrest during Vietnam. And of course, the justifications behind the Vietnam conflict were far more questionable. That double edged sword made for a very complex campaign that is debated to this day. Coming out of WWII and Korea, we had to learn on the fly how to fight a war like Vietnam, and media influence magnified that struggle.

    Quote Originally Posted by McSmashie View Post
    I don't see why so many people liked it. Slowest chase seen in history and the idea of being the "spark" after all your friends abandoned you and your ass was thoroughly pummeled is just bad writing.

    That movie needed 60 minutes cut out of it.
    Most people seemed to hate it. I took all of its flaws with a grain of salt, because the last movie had the same issues. I guess I just anticipated certain things to be off about it, but compared to the other recent Star Wars movies, I thought it was actually a big improvement. I don't mind slow developing films or shows, and it seems like that was one of the main problem people had with it.

  15. #1110
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,061
    Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Just started watching dexter. Gotta say that im pleasantly suprised

    Oh and rewatching into the badlands
    It's good right up till the end when it leaves you utterly disappointed...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •