Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 967
  1. #946
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    17,925
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    The wife and I started Godless last night. A bit slow developing but has our interest so far.
    Couldn't even get through the first episode of Godless. I'm usually able to hang in with movies and books but couldn't with this.

  2. #947
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    13,417
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Couldn't even get through the first episode of Godless. I'm usually able to hang in with movies and books but couldn't with this.
    Oh itís really good. It wasnít that slow for me. I liked episodes 2 and 3 a lot more.

    However i agree with my wife that it doesnít feel as western authentic as things like Westworld or Hell on Wheels.

  3. #948
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    15,279
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Stick with it. It's a goodin.

    It is... I enjoyed it...

    Watching mad men now... really had a hard time sticking with it at first...but it’s just funny to watch the behaviours in the workplace in the 60’s

    It’s really well done.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

  4. #949
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    13,417
    Finally finished Bloodline.

    Might be one of the worst final seasons of a show Iíve ever watched.

  5. #950
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    26,546
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Finally finished Bloodline.

    Might be one of the worst final seasons of a show I’ve ever watched.
    Have you seen "Haven"? That was equally bad
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

  6. #951
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    17,925
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Finally finished Bloodline.

    Might be one of the worst final seasons of a show Iíve ever watched.
    Right? I felt like I wasted all the time I spent watching it. Awful,

  7. #952
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    13,417
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Right? I felt like I wasted all the time I spent watching it. Awful,
    The first season was very captivating. The second season was starting to sour on me as I was starting to realize all of the main characters were completely despicable people. By the time the final season rolled around I was like I hate you all and hope you all burn. And the last couple of episodes just got really really weird. Sometimes I despise my OCD need to finish what I started. But I'm glad it's over now. Really disappointed Netflix couldn't keep that one going better. Perhaps it would've been better suited for a limited time series with minimal fallout at the end. Rather than wasting two seasons trying to handle the fallout.

  8. #953
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    13,417
    Recently binged Planet Earth II in the past week. Still have the finale left to go though. Love documentaries of animal and plant life on big screen HD TV's. Hard to find anything more beautiful looking on a tv. It has many a slow parts but I'm always mind blown at how cameraman are able to capture 80% of these things in life. I mean so much unexplored territory and yet they still seem to find ways to film stuff in places you would think no one would ever go. I realize some of it is camera tricks like using a computer to speed up an image of a plant growing to make it look cooler. But they still had to have a camera there a long time to record it.

    A lot of breathtaking mind blowing facts about this planet that just seem so unreal at times.

  9. #954
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    13,417
    Only have the series finale left of Godless to finish. Overall I would say my wife and I are highly disappointed.

  10. #955
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,517
    Parks and Rec is really funny, to most that's no secret....to those out there like me who let slip through- give it a shot. Really funny and likable characters.

  11. #956
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Mindhunter which depicts how the FBI developed their protocols for depicting serial killers....

    And The Crown, awesome series and helps one understand the monarchy and its relationship to the rest of the world.
    Claire Foy is excellent in that show. Very excited to see how they progress with bringing in new actors to play the same roles.
    2017 Adopt-A-Bronco is Von Miller

  12. #957
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    B-more, not less
    Posts
    4,837
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Parks and Rec is really funny, to most that's no secret....to those out there like me who let slip through- give it a shot. Really funny and likable characters.

    My favorite show!

    Even though I've probably watched the series from start to finish in no particular order at least 7 or 8 times it still never fails to put a smile on my face.

    Leslie and Ron's friendship (or work proximity associate-ship) is simply awesome.

  13. #958
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Carlsbad, NM
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Only have the series finale left of Godless to finish. Overall I would say my wife and I are highly disappointed.
    Sorry to hear, my wife and i loved it


    Adopted Bronco 2016 Andy Janovich
    Adopted Bronco 2017 Justin Simmons

  14. #959
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    17,925
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    Claire Foy is excellent in that show. Very excited to see how they progress with bringing in new actors to play the same roles.
    Claire Foy was indeed amazing. Had not been familiar with her before. Terrific series.

  15. #960
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    17,925
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Recently binged Planet Earth II in the past week. Still have the finale left to go though. Love documentaries of animal and plant life on big screen HD TV's. Hard to find anything more beautiful looking on a tv. It has many a slow parts but I'm always mind blown at how cameraman are able to capture 80% of these things in life. I mean so much unexplored territory and yet they still seem to find ways to film stuff in places you would think no one would ever go. I realize some of it is camera tricks like using a computer to speed up an image of a plant growing to make it look cooler. But they still had to have a camera there a long time to record it.

    A lot of breathtaking mind blowing facts about this planet that just seem so unreal at times.
    I got that series several years ago. Wow, just wow. The photographers, if I remember, took 5 or so years to film. Nature is a thing of beauty and can also be so cruel. Truly astounding piece of work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •