• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebsoria
    Former Mod Of Steel
    • Jul 2005

Netflix; what are you watching??

I've been on Netflix for a few months now and I gotta admit, I kinda like it. I've gotten to see quite a few movies(though nothing spectacular). I've watched quite a few shows while on a treadmill at the gym or at home at night.

Lately, it's been House Of Cards. I'm 7 episodes into the newly released second season already. Had it no tbeen for work I'd have plowed through all of them by now.

So.. what are YOU watching??
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

• Jermz79
    Starter
    • Jun 2005

I just started watching "Orange is the new Black" last night upon recommendation from a friend and I gotta say it's actually pretty good .... be prepared though as it is more "adult" oriented.
    sigpic

Comment

• ebsoria
      Former Mod Of Steel
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
      I just started watching "Orange is the new Black" last night upon recommendation from a friend and I gotta say it's actually pretty good .... be prepared though as it is more "adult" oriented.
      I enjoyed that very much. Watched the last episode andw as like "What the?!?!", then they announced another season!! :thumb:

Comment

• Jermz79
        Starter
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
        I enjoyed that very much. Watched the last episode andw as like "What the?!?!", then they announced another season!! :thumb:
        Ahhh ok, I just started watching it so I'm only 3 episodes into it and I've already said What the?!?!?! a few times ... LOL
        sigpic

Comment

• orangenblue420
          koyaanisqatsi
          • Jul 2003

OITNB - AWESOME - New FULL season comes out in June
          Loved Dexter
          Watching Sons of Anarchy now (love it)
          Always Sunny in Philadelphia
          Trailer Park Boys
          My Name is Earl
          The League
          The Killing
          American Horror Story (Season 1 - Cant get into Season 2 and it seems thats how most people felt too)

Need to still watch:
          Breaking Bad
          House of Cards
          Walking Dead
          Weeds (saw the first couple seasons on HBO (or whoever did it) but need to start from the beginning
          Hell on Wheels (watched the first season on TV)

Want to find some more good comedy series

Comment

• ebsoria
            Former Mod Of Steel
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by orangenblue420 View Post
            OITNB - AWESOME - New FULL season comes out in June
            Loved Dexter
            Watching Sons of Anarchy now (love it)
            Always Sunny in Philadelphia
            Trailer Park Boys
            My Name is Earl
            The League
            The Killing
            American Horror Story (Season 1 - Cant get into Season 2 and it seems thats how most people felt too)

Need to still watch:
            Breaking Bad
            House of Cards
            Walking Dead
            Weeds (saw the first couple seasons on HBO (or whoever did it) but need to start from the beginning
            Hell on Wheels (watched the first season on TV)

Dang, forgot about The League. This last season on FXX wasn't too great.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
              The ArchAngel
              • Jan 2009

Pretty much just 24, Numb3rs, and a movie here and there. Thinking of restarting Angel again and starting a new anime.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• ebsoria
                Former Mod Of Steel
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                Pretty much just 24, Numb3rs, and a movie here and there. Thinking of restarting Angel again and starting a new anime.
                I have Olypmus Has Fallen in my queue. And a couple scary ones.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                  The ArchAngel
                  • Jan 2009

I have Olypmus Has Fallen in my queue. And a couple scary ones.
                  Saw it on Red Box, decent movie. Pretty generic action film.

Don't really pay attention to the horror genre anymore since they stopped being scary. I like to watch childhood favorites like Paulie, Big Green, Good Burger.

Got Lockout and some other action movies in the queue, as well as The Raven. Gotta watch that since Poe is one of my favorite poets.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• DenverBlood
                    Football Immortal
                    • Nov 2005

Dang, forgot about The League. This last season on FXX wasn't too great.
                    The last season of The League was downright aweful.

Football has always been a bit of the underlying theme while a majority of the episodes are about other stuff. But this last season was almost completely no football involvement at all.

And that episode completely dedicated to Raffi and Seth Rogan was one of the worst half hours of television ever. I was so mad that whole episode. Noone likes Raffi. Noone tunes in to see Raffi. So why would they dedicate an entire episode to just him?

And of course they brought him back from the dead with no explanation whatsoever later in the season.

I'm worried that show has run it's course and is losing it's way. Inevitable at some point but sad because it used to be my favorite comedy.
                    sigpic

Comment

• ebsoria
                      Former Mod Of Steel
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      The last season of The League was downright aweful.

Football has always been a bit of the underlying theme while a majority of the episodes are about other stuff. But this last season was almost completely no football involvement at all.

And that episode completely dedicated to Raffi and Seth Rogan was one of the worst half hours of television ever. I was so mad that whole episode. Noone likes Raffi. Noone tunes in to see Raffi. So why would they dedicate an entire episode to just him?
                      And of course they brought him back from the dead with no explanation whatsoever later in the season.

I'm worried that show has run it's course and is losing it's way. Inevitable at some point but sad because it used to be my favorite comedy.
                      That episode was BEYOND horrid and had no point to the story. I didn't get it at all. I get watching it thinking "It'll get better. They'll use this for something". But :nono:

Comment

• johntbronco
                        DaCap Man!
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by orangenblue420 View Post
                        Loved Dexter

Need to still watch:
                        Breaking Bad
                        Walking Dead

I LOVED Breaking Bad! I highly reccommend!
                        Just started Walking dead - another friend recommended it to me
                        i want to watch Dexter too.

Weeds - i watched a few episodes but never really got into it
                        last night - since the olympics are going on - i watched "30 for 30 - the price of gold" - its about the Tonya Harding stuff in the 1990s - women ice skaters. it was interesting.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                          Football Immortal
                          • Nov 2005

That episode was BEYOND horrid and had no point to the story. I didn't get it at all. I get watching it thinking "It'll get better. They'll use this for something". But :nono:
                          If I'm not mistaken my wife looked it up and found out that Seth Rogan has a hand in the writing for the show. So basically he forced the script on them.

But again I could've lived with that episode because the best part about it was Raffi dying at the end. I was willing to gladly sacrafice that 30 minutes of my life to never see him again.

Only two episodes go by and then he is back. It was like a huge slap in the face to the fan base and made that aweful night one I want to erase from my memory.
                          sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                            Football Immortal
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                            I LOVED Breaking Bad! I highly reccommend!
                            Just started Walking dead - another friend recommended it to me
                            i want to watch Dexter too.

Weeds - i watched a few episodes but never really got into it
                            last night - since the olympics are going on - i watched "30 for 30 - the price of gold" - its about the Tonya Harding stuff in the 1990s - women ice skaters. it was interesting.
                            I agree they are all great shows but Dexter lost it's way the last two seasons. Still a show I recommend overall because the first 6 seasons were great.

As for the owner of the original comment about Weeds it was Showtime not HBO. I loved that show. You should've stuck with it past a few episodes. However it too lost it's way near the end. Seems to be a recurring theme with Showtime shows. Hopefully they don't do the same with Shameless.
                            sigpic

Comment

• EddieMac
                              Canuck Mod, eh!
                              • Feb 2004

Just finished homeland. Justified, sons of anarchy are great shows. Dexter was good, but got stale near the end.

I rewatched the fast and furious series....wow now I remember why I didn't like then originally, haha.

Other than that just lots of movies...notHing exciting though
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X