X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samparnell
    Soy Capitan Meshpoint
    • Nov 2007

Finished watching the new episodes of Midsomer Murders yesterday, and watched a new episode of Death in Paradise today.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• DenverBlood
      Football Immortal
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      A few episodes into Iron Fist, pretty decent so far, not sure where all the hate is coming from.
      I watched two episodes yesterday. Love the story. His abilities are cool. But the acting is subpar. Especially the main actor.
      sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
        Football Immortal
        • Nov 2005

Finished Iron Fist and I loved it. Easily the second best among all four series for Marvel/Netflix if not actually the best.
        sigpic

Comment

• Freyaka
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          Finished Iron Fist and I loved it. Easily the second best among all four series for Marvel/Netflix if not actually the best.
          Yea, I don't get it...All my friends say things like "oh yea, it starts great, but it gets stupid towards the end" When would that be? I'm nearly finished and I'm still enjoying it. Maybe I'm just not a harsh enough critic.
          sigpic

Comment

• SecondsAway131
            Captain
            • Aug 2010

My wife had off work yesterday and was binge watching 13 Reasons Why. I'd heard a lot of friends talk about the show, but it didn't sound like my cup of tea. I certainly didn't expect to enjoy it.

However, I ended up watching episodes 8-13 in one sitting. I'll have to find time to go back over and watch the first half of the series, but what I saw was fantastic.

Comment

• DenverBlood
              Football Immortal
              • Nov 2005

Yea, I don't get it...All my friends say things like "oh yea, it starts great, but it gets stupid towards the end" When would that be? I'm nearly finished and I'm still enjoying it. Maybe I'm just not a harsh enough critic.
              Well without giving spoilers there is some volatility that annoyed me some. But we can talk about that later.

It still finished really well.
              sigpic

Comment

• captainbronco
                Starter
                • Aug 2008

Just finished iron fist. Not as bad as critics are saying. It gets kinda bogged down by the rand stuff but it all ties together. Overall I enjoyed it

Comment

• Freyaka
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2007

Started watching Five Came Back. Good stuff, especially if you are a WWII nut like I am.
                  sigpic

Comment

• canadiansbronco
                    Starter
                    • Aug 2010

Started watching Five Came Back. Good stuff, especially if you are a WWII nut like I am.
                    yep that is next on my list
                    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Freyaka
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                      yep that is next on my list
                      I'm only two episodes in, but it's really interesting! I'm not the documentary type, but i am enjoying it due to the subject matter.
                      sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                        Football Immortal
                        • Nov 2005

House of Cards season 5- Pilot set up what looks like will be a great season.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Spice 1
                          Football Immortal
                          • Sep 2004

The original Twin Peaks series. That way I can watch the new one, and know wth is going on. It's definitely dated (came out in '90), but the first season is still pretty good. The first season is way out there, but the second season goes off the rails entirely. It's like a murder mystery within a soap opera within a psychological thriller that doesn't take itself very seriously most of the time. Weird.

Comment

• Charlie Brown
                            King of the Echo People
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            The original Twin Peaks series. That way I can watch the new one, and know wth is going on. It's definitely dated (came out in '90), but the first season is still pretty good. The first season is way out there, but the second season goes off the rails entirely. It's like a murder mystery within a soap opera within a psychological thriller that doesn't take itself very seriously most of the time. Weird.
                            It's a very surreal artsy type show. I love David Lynchvso I watched the original and am watching the new series. When you finish the Original Series you should watch the film "Fire Walk With Me" - its crazy how little my he'd planned the return. Laura Palmer near the end of the film says "in 25 years you will see me again" (recorded in reverse and then played backwards).
                            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2008

Do you folks ever get a little bored and go back to a lengthy, successful series and watch the premiere episode? Or go back and re-watch the finale? I have done both a few times, including last night, when I watched the ending of Breaking Bad again. In fact, a while back I watched the first episode, just for a hoot.

It is cool going way back to such series, ones you loved, and take in the beginning and end episodes, or heck, even some in between.

Comment

• Rancid
                                Hall of Famer
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                Do you folks ever get a little bored and go back to a lengthy, successful series and watch the premiere episode? Or go back to a good series that ended, and re-watch the finale? I have done both a few times, including last night, when I watched the ending of Breaking Bad again. In fact, a while back I watched the first episode, just for a hoot.

It is cool going way back to other series, ones you loved, and take in the beginning and end episodes, or heck, even some in between.
                                I absolutely cannot watch anything over-- drives me insane. There's a few exceptions, but once I've seen I never want to waste time re-watching it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X