Page 20 of 96 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 1439
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,650
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I'm surprised that so many of you guys like "Daredevil". Matt's kind of a feminem wuss, and the Kingpin is wishy-washy and insecure, not a take-charge, muscled, tough guy, like he's supposed to be
    I'm going to assume you are being sarcastic.

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    4,507
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I'm surprised that so many of you guys like "Daredevil". Matt's kind of a feminem wuss, and the Kingpin is wishy-washy and insecure, not a take-charge, muscled, tough guy, like he's supposed to be
    You have obviously never read the original Daredevil comics. This Netflix series has been the most accurately portrayed Daredevil so far (minus the white King Pin, although Fisk fills his role very well in my opinion.)

    "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    montreal Canada
    Posts
    7,614
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I'm surprised that so many of you guys like "Daredevil". Matt's kind of a feminem wuss, and the Kingpin is wishy-washy and insecure, not a take-charge, muscled, tough guy, like he's supposed to be
    .......what ?


    Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,650
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    i believe Luke Cage is in fact in jessica jones
    Correct. They plan to do cross overs before the do the Defenders series.

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    COLORADO
    Posts
    7,067
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    You have obviously never read the original Daredevil comics. This Netflix series has been the most accurately portrayed Daredevil so far (minus the white King Pin, although Fisk fills his role very well in my opinion.)
    I like that they didn't reveal everything in season 1 now they have stuff for season 2

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    COLORADO
    Posts
    7,067
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Correct. They plan to do cross overs before the do the Defenders series.
    Yeah sounds exciting i wonder if they'll play a role in civil war

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,883
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    Yeah sounds exciting i wonder if they'll play a role in civil war
    Not Civil war from my understanding but they will be part of the two part Avengers movie.


  8. #293
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,883
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I'm surprised that so many of you guys like "Daredevil". Matt's kind of a feminem wuss, and the Kingpin is wishy-washy and insecure, not a take-charge, muscled, tough guy, like he's supposed to be
    Wouldn't be a discussion about comicbook tv shows without HUMCALC finding something silly to complain about.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 04-28-2015 at 07:48 AM.


  9. #294
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    4,507
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    I like that they didn't reveal everything in season 1 now they have stuff for season 2
    Yeah and I like how they have original characters like the Owl (Leland Owlsley.) They haven't even introduced Bullseye yet which should be interesting.

  10. #295
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    30,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Wouldn't be a discussion about comicbook tv shows without HUMCALC finding something silly to complain about.
    My family and friends are all saying the same thing that I am. My brother is a HUGE comic book fan, and he rips it to shreds. Daredevil's full name is Daredevil: The Man Without Fear, and yet he's full of fear. Heck they even screwed up the name of Fisk's wife

  11. #296
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    COLORADO
    Posts
    7,067
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    My family and friends are all saying the same thing that I am. My brother is a HUGE comic book fan, and he rips it to shreds. Daredevil's full name is Daredevil: The Man Without Fear, and yet he's full of fear. Heck they even screwed up the name of Fisk's wife
    its an origin story of course he hasnt overcome his fear yet hes not even called daredevil yet SPOILERS till the end so that could be the start of the Man Without Fear i like what they did with him for an origins story

    thats not fisk's wife yet SPOILERS he proposed to her so we can all assume she'll take his last name and will eventually go by vanessa fisk so be patient

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    COLORADO
    Posts
    7,067
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    Yeah and I like how they have original characters like the Owl (Leland Owlsley.) They haven't even introduced Bullseye yet which should be interesting.
    theres a theory that the sniper that shot that crooked cop was in fact bullseye because there was a ace of spades in his bag probably a stretch but who knows

  13. #298
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    4,507
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    theres a theory that the sniper that shot that crooked cop was in fact bullseye because there was a ace of spades in his bag probably a stretch but who knows
    That would make sense actually, just hope they don't botch him up like the first Daredevil did lol.

    Man I can't wait for season 2 and more of Nelson/Murdock.

    "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

  14. #299
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    6,218
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    Yeah and I like how they have original characters like the Owl (Leland Owlsley.) They haven't even introduced Bullseye yet which should be interesting.
    The use of playing cards throughout was foreshadowing Bullseye, along with the sniper rumor.

    They've basically introduced the Hand when he fought the ninja.

    They've mentioned Electra as "the Greek girl from Spanish class."

    And they showed Melvin Potter with the designs for his Gladiator outfit.

    I'd mention the Stilltman legs in Potter's shop, but I hope they don't bring that character in.

    Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

  15. #300
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,883
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    My family and friends are all saying the same thing that I am. My brother is a HUGE comic book fan, and he rips it to shreds. Daredevil's full name is Daredevil: The Man Without Fear, and yet he's full of fear. Heck they even screwed up the name of Fisk's wife
    Well, let me put it this way. You are the only person I've talked to (and I've talked to a lot of people about Daredevil) that has had anything negative to say about it at all...In fact, many are calling it one of the greatest comic shows of all time.

    You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but I just think your complaints in this matter are a little silly and offbase.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •