• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captainbronco
    Starter
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Hell on wheels is good too.

I even dare to say....I like SOA better than Breaking Bad.....last season coming up and I can't wait to see where it goes.
    im not gonna lie....i do too everytime they mention drugs or something on breaking bad i kee pthinking "thats what the Sons did!" haha

Comment

• DenverBlood
      Football Immortal
      • Nov 2005

Hell on wheels is good too.

I even dare to say....I like SOA better than Breaking Bad.....last season coming up and I can't wait to see where it goes.
      Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
      SOA is the best television series I have ever seen. Not sure it's even close.
      Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
      im not gonna lie....i do too everytime they mention drugs or something on breaking bad i kee pthinking "thats what the Sons did!" haha
      SOA is easily my favorite show still airing. I record the whole season so I can cram it all in a day or two.

It just has that fun bad boy aspect to it.

I probably like SOA too but Breaking Bad is the better show if that makes sense. Breaking Bad is just far superior acting and better on an intellectual level. It challenges the viewers to think and it's unpredictable.

For the most part SOA is predictable other than that season finale. OMG what a unexpected twist that was.

SOA won't go down as a top 10 show of all time though.
      sigpic

Comment

• EddieMac
        Canuck Mod, eh!
        • Feb 2004

You are dead on. Breaking bad IS better......SOA just has its hooks into me more than breaking bad ever did.
        sigpic

Comment

• captainbronco
          Starter
          • Aug 2008

You are dead on. Breaking bad IS better......SOA just has its hooks into me more than breaking bad ever did.
          thats true i like BB but sometimes it gets way boring
          Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          SOA is easily my favorite show still airing. I record the whole season so I can cram it all in a day or two.

It just has that fun bad boy aspect to it.

I probably like SOA too but Breaking Bad is the better show if that makes sense. Breaking Bad is just far superior acting and better on an intellectual level. It challenges the viewers to think and it's unpredictable.

For the most part SOA is predictable other than that season finale. OMG what a unexpected twist that was.

SOA won't go down as a top 10 show of all time though.
          that may be true but i like SOA cause theres so many different characters to like

Comment

• Cladyfan
            Bench Warmer
            • Oct 2008

Lately I've been flashing back to the 90's with The X-Files. Just watched an episode where Cancer Man insisted that the bills will not win the SB while he's alive. Ah nostalgia.

Comment

• EddieMac
              Canuck Mod, eh!
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Cladyfan View Post
              Lately I've been flashing back to the 90's with The X-Files. Just watched an episode where Cancer Man insisted that the bills will not win the SB while he's alive. Ah nostalgia.
              I was old enough but never got into that show....maybe I should start.

I really need a new series to get into...until the others start again.
              sigpic

Comment

• EddieMac
                Canuck Mod, eh!
                • Feb 2004

Maybe I should go back and watch Kenny Vs Spenny. That was awesome. if American Netflix has it watch it ....There is some classic reality TV, Canadian style.
                sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                  Football Immortal
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                  thats true i like BB but sometimes it gets way boring

that may be true but i like SOA cause theres so many different characters to like
                  Yeah originally I would agree with you. But then I took a step back last season and realized the actual group of Sons main characters has been completely depleted. They have like 5 actual members and then a bunch of proxy's.

The variety on villians and oustiders is good but not the reason I watch the show. But they killed one of my favorite characters off in the season finale.

Like I said though SOA has a more fun aspect to it. And as a viewer you feel like part of the family. Most guys envision that as a fun, badass lifestyle. But I don't think many people could envision themselves as ever wanting to be a meth dealer. That show is one of the few if only shows where half the audience was routing against the main character. Even Tony Soprano I was still rooting for at the end.

Breaking Bad at times was slow and boring yes. But overall higher quality television.
                  sigpic

Comment

• captainbronco
                    Starter
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    Yeah originally I would agree with you. But then I took a step back last season and realized the actual group of Sons main characters has been completely depleted. They have like 5 actual members and then a bunch of proxy's.

The variety on villians and oustiders is good but not the reason I watch the show. But they killed one of my favorite characters off in the season finale.

Like I said though SOA has a more fun aspect to it. And as a viewer you feel like part of the family. Most guys envision that as a fun, badass lifestyle. But I don't think many people could envision themselves as ever wanting to be a meth dealer. That show is one of the few if only shows where half the audience was routing against the main character. Even Tony Soprano I was still rooting for at the end.

Breaking Bad at times was slow and boring yes. But overall higher quality television.
                    I completely agree I was bummed when they
                    *SPOILERS*

Killed off opie I haven't finished season 6 yet so im excited to finish it

Comment

• ebsoria
                      Former Mod Of Steel
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                      Yeah, I think most of the reason I couldn't get in to it was because my wife and sister weren't interested so I was trying to find something they liked etc. and I couldn't concentrate on the story for the first three episodes but dang has that drastically changed.

I will likely watch like 4 more episodes tonight so I should be catching up to you soon. Yeah, each season is 13 episodes. Apparently they're in the process of writing season 3... so that's good.
                      Yep, season 3 is verified. I watched three episodes last night too. Tonight should be another one or two. But I don't want it to end!!!!!
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Cladyfan
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Oct 2008

I was old enough but never got into that show....maybe I should start.

I really need a new series to get into...until the others start again.
                        It's very dated, but I'm enjoying it. I tend to watch horror and sci-fi, so Mulder and Scully fit right in. Have also been expanding my horizons with Korean films. So far as tv series, I think the only other one I've ever watched the majority of any season would be Supernatural, I just don't tend to enjoy tv shows too much.

Comment

• Vhailor
                          Analytical Thinker
                          • Mar 2009

I love watching "House of Cards". I think the way they dealt with the topic of sexual assault was fantastic. I have watched and finished "Weeds", "Breaking Bad", "Hell on Wheels".

The Star Trek television-series were among the first I finished.
                          Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                          sigpic

Comment

• EddieMac
                            Canuck Mod, eh!
                            • Feb 2004

Just watched 21 jump street on Netflix....that was actually pretty funny stuff!
                            sigpic

Comment

• JakeNbake
                              Baby Football Mod
                              • Jul 2008

House of Cards with the old lady.

And while she sleeps I've been re-watching Lost.

There are some good movie on Netflix but there are also some really horrid ones.
                              sigpic
                              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• ebsoria
                                Former Mod Of Steel
                                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                                House of Cards with the old lady.

And while she sleeps I've been re-watching Lost.

There are some good movie on Netflix but there are also some really horrid ones.
                                Dood! I only have three episodes left of HoC.
                                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
                                X