Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 828
  1. #766
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,926
    Finished watching the new episodes of Midsomer Murders yesterday, and watched a new episode of Death in Paradise today.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  2. #767
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    A few episodes into Iron Fist, pretty decent so far, not sure where all the hate is coming from.
    I watched two episodes yesterday. Love the story. His abilities are cool. But the acting is subpar. Especially the main actor.

  3. #768
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,573
    Finished Iron Fist and I loved it. Easily the second best among all four series for Marvel/Netflix if not actually the best.

  4. #769
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,876
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Finished Iron Fist and I loved it. Easily the second best among all four series for Marvel/Netflix if not actually the best.
    Yea, I don't get it...All my friends say things like "oh yea, it starts great, but it gets stupid towards the end" When would that be? I'm nearly finished and I'm still enjoying it. Maybe I'm just not a harsh enough critic.


  5. #770
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,891
    My wife had off work yesterday and was binge watching 13 Reasons Why. I'd heard a lot of friends talk about the show, but it didn't sound like my cup of tea. I certainly didn't expect to enjoy it.

    However, I ended up watching episodes 8-13 in one sitting. I'll have to find time to go back over and watch the first half of the series, but what I saw was fantastic.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

  6. #771
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yea, I don't get it...All my friends say things like "oh yea, it starts great, but it gets stupid towards the end" When would that be? I'm nearly finished and I'm still enjoying it. Maybe I'm just not a harsh enough critic.
    Well without giving spoilers there is some volatility that annoyed me some. But we can talk about that later.

    It still finished really well.

  7. #772
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    COLORADO
    Posts
    6,906
    Just finished iron fist. Not as bad as critics are saying. It gets kinda bogged down by the rand stuff but it all ties together. Overall I enjoyed it

  8. #773
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,876
    Started watching Five Came Back. Good stuff, especially if you are a WWII nut like I am.


  9. #774
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    montreal Canada
    Posts
    7,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Started watching Five Came Back. Good stuff, especially if you are a WWII nut like I am.
    yep that is next on my list

  10. #775
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,876
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    yep that is next on my list
    I'm only two episodes in, but it's really interesting! I'm not the documentary type, but i am enjoying it due to the subject matter.


  11. #776
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,573
    House of Cards season 5- Pilot set up what looks like will be a great season.

  12. #777
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,530
    The original Twin Peaks series. That way I can watch the new one, and know wth is going on. It's definitely dated (came out in '90), but the first season is still pretty good. The first season is way out there, but the second season goes off the rails entirely. It's like a murder mystery within a soap opera within a psychological thriller that doesn't take itself very seriously most of the time. Weird.

  13. #778
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    The original Twin Peaks series. That way I can watch the new one, and know wth is going on. It's definitely dated (came out in '90), but the first season is still pretty good. The first season is way out there, but the second season goes off the rails entirely. It's like a murder mystery within a soap opera within a psychological thriller that doesn't take itself very seriously most of the time. Weird.
    It's a very surreal artsy type show. I love David Lynchvso I watched the original and am watching the new series. When you finish the Original Series you should watch the film "Fire Walk With Me" - its crazy how little my he'd planned the return. Laura Palmer near the end of the film says "in 25 years you will see me again" (recorded in reverse and then played backwards).

  14. #779
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,497
    Do you folks ever get a little bored and go back to a lengthy, successful series and watch the premiere episode? Or go back and re-watch the finale? I have done both a few times, including last night, when I watched the ending of Breaking Bad again. In fact, a while back I watched the first episode, just for a hoot.

    It is cool going way back to such series, ones you loved, and take in the beginning and end episodes, or heck, even some in between.

  15. #780
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    6,017
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Do you folks ever get a little bored and go back to a lengthy, successful series and watch the premiere episode? Or go back to a good series that ended, and re-watch the finale? I have done both a few times, including last night, when I watched the ending of Breaking Bad again. In fact, a while back I watched the first episode, just for a hoot.

    It is cool going way back to other series, ones you loved, and take in the beginning and end episodes, or heck, even some in between.
    I absolutely cannot watch anything over-- drives me insane. There's a few exceptions, but once I've seen I never want to waste time re-watching it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •