Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
    Finished watching the new episodes of Midsomer Murders yesterday, and watched a new episode of Death in Paradise today.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    A few episodes into Iron Fist, pretty decent so far, not sure where all the hate is coming from.
    I watched two episodes yesterday. Love the story. His abilities are cool. But the acting is subpar. Especially the main actor.

Finished Iron Fist and I loved it. Easily the second best among all four series for Marvel/Netflix if not actually the best.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Finished Iron Fist and I loved it. Easily the second best among all four series for Marvel/Netflix if not actually the best.
    Yea, I don't get it...All my friends say things like "oh yea, it starts great, but it gets stupid towards the end" When would that be? I'm nearly finished and I'm still enjoying it. Maybe I'm just not a harsh enough critic.

My wife had off work yesterday and was binge watching 13 Reasons Why. I'd heard a lot of friends talk about the show, but it didn't sound like my cup of tea. I certainly didn't expect to enjoy it.

However, I ended up watching episodes 8-13 in one sitting. I'll have to find time to go back over and watch the first half of the series, but what I saw was fantastic.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

Yea, I don't get it...All my friends say things like "oh yea, it starts great, but it gets stupid towards the end" When would that be? I'm nearly finished and I'm still enjoying it. Maybe I'm just not a harsh enough critic.
    Well without giving spoilers there is some volatility that annoyed me some. But we can talk about that later.

It still finished really well.

Just finished iron fist. Not as bad as critics are saying. It gets kinda bogged down by the rand stuff but it all ties together. Overall I enjoyed it

Started watching Five Came Back. Good stuff, especially if you are a WWII nut like I am.

Started watching Five Came Back. Good stuff, especially if you are a WWII nut like I am.
    yep that is next on my list

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    yep that is next on my list
    I'm only two episodes in, but it's really interesting! I'm not the documentary type, but i am enjoying it due to the subject matter.

House of Cards season 5- Pilot set up what looks like will be a great season.

The original Twin Peaks series. That way I can watch the new one, and know wth is going on. It's definitely dated (came out in '90), but the first season is still pretty good. The first season is way out there, but the second season goes off the rails entirely. It's like a murder mystery within a soap opera within a psychological thriller that doesn't take itself very seriously most of the time. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    The original Twin Peaks series. That way I can watch the new one, and know wth is going on. It's definitely dated (came out in '90), but the first season is still pretty good. The first season is way out there, but the second season goes off the rails entirely. It's like a murder mystery within a soap opera within a psychological thriller that doesn't take itself very seriously most of the time. Weird.
    It's a very surreal artsy type show. I love David Lynchvso I watched the original and am watching the new series. When you finish the Original Series you should watch the film "Fire Walk With Me" - its crazy how little my he'd planned the return. Laura Palmer near the end of the film says "in 25 years you will see me again" (recorded in reverse and then played backwards).

Do you folks ever get a little bored and go back to a lengthy, successful series and watch the premiere episode? Or go back and re-watch the finale? I have done both a few times, including last night, when I watched the ending of Breaking Bad again. In fact, a while back I watched the first episode, just for a hoot.

It is cool going way back to such series, ones you loved, and take in the beginning and end episodes, or heck, even some in between.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Do you folks ever get a little bored and go back to a lengthy, successful series and watch the premiere episode? Or go back to a good series that ended, and re-watch the finale? I have done both a few times, including last night, when I watched the ending of Breaking Bad again. In fact, a while back I watched the first episode, just for a hoot.

It is cool going way back to other series, ones you loved, and take in the beginning and end episodes, or heck, even some in between.
    I absolutely cannot watch anything over-- drives me insane. There's a few exceptions, but once I've seen I never want to waste time re-watching it.