X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SecondsAway131
    Captain
    • Aug 2010

Watched two more episodes of Black Mirror this weekend. So far I've seen all of season 1 (3 episodes), season 2 (4 episodes), and 4 of 6 episodes in season 3. There is a 4th season as well (6 episodes).

Very unique show. It's a science fiction anthology show, meaning that each episode is its own story, and doesn't necessarily need to be watched in order. The series mainly focuses on unanticipated consequences of new technology. Some of the episodes are very dark and can be extremely unsettling, so it certainly isn't for everyone. It's almost a sort of modern day Twilight Zone.

The season 3 episode "San Junipero" might be the best hour of television I've ever seen. It won the 2017 Emmy for best TV Movie. I highly recommend that episode to everyone, regardless of whether or not you may like the series as a whole.
    Last edited by SecondsAway131; 01-15-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Spice 1
      Football Immortal
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
      Watched two more episodes of Black Mirror this weekend. So far I've seen all of season 1 (3 episodes), season 2 (4 episodes), and 4 of 6 episodes in season 3. There is a 4th season as well (6 episodes).

Very unique show. It's a science fiction anthology show, meaning that each episode is its own story, and doesn't necessarily need to be watched in order. The series mainly focuses on unanticipated consequences of new technology. Some of the episodes are very dark and can be extremely unsettling, so it certainly isn't for everyone. It's almost a sort of modern day Twilight Zone.

The season 3 episode "San Junipero" might be the best hour of television I've ever seen. It won the 2017 Emmy for best TV Movie. I highly recommend that episode to everyone, regardless of whether or not you may like the series as a whole.
      I've thought about checking that out. "Modern Day Twighlight Zone". Good summation. I wish they would put stuff like that in the descriptions.

Right now I'm trying to binge Sense 8. It's actually pretty good, but in a unique way. The show is ultimately a sci-fi drama/thriller, but the show's focus is sensory experience and the bonds between people. Never seen anything quite like it. Highly recommend it if you've got an open mind.

Comment

• DenverBlood
        Football Immortal
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
        I've thought about checking that out. "Modern Day Twighlight Zone". Good summation. I wish they would put stuff like that in the descriptions.

Right now I'm trying to binge Sense 8. It's actually pretty good, but in a unique way. The show is ultimately a sci-fi drama/thriller, but the show's focus is sensory experience and the bonds between people. Never seen anything quite like it. Highly recommend it if you've got an open mind.
        I absolutely love Black Mirror but have not begun season 4 yet. I was finishing up other stuff before it released and now all of the DC shows are back for the spring. So I may have to hold off for summer.

Is San Junipero the horror virtual reality game one? That was insanely good.
        sigpic

Comment

• SecondsAway131
          Captain
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          I absolutely love Black Mirror but have not begun season 4 yet. I was finishing up other stuff before it released and now all of the DC shows are back for the spring. So I may have to hold off for summer.

Is San Junipero the horror virtual reality game one? That was insanely good.
          I actually just watched "Playtest" (the episode you are referencing) this weekend and it was also fantastic. It's rare to see a movie or show that has that horror feel while also having such a high quality of acting, directing, and cinematography.

San Junipero was the 80's beach town episode. It isn't nearly as dark as any of the other episodes, but it just blew me away.

Comment

• DenverBlood
            Football Immortal
            • Nov 2005

I actually just watched "Playtest" (the episode you are referencing) this weekend and it was also fantastic. It's rare to see a movie or show that has that horror feel while also having such a high quality of acting, directing, and cinematography.

San Junipero was the 80's beach town episode. It isn't nearly as dark as any of the other episodes, but it just blew me away.
            Oh the one where they go into the virtual world to any decade they want? The grandma went all the time? That was good. Far from my favorite of the season though.
            sigpic

Comment

• SecondsAway131
              Captain
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              Oh the one where they go into the virtual world to any decade they want? The grandma went all the time? That was good. Far from my favorite of the season though.
              Yeah, but that's one of my favorite things about the show. I've seen journalists and other viewers list the episodes from best to worst, and they're all over the place. Kind of speaks to how good they all are when I've seen about 10 different episodes ranked as the "best."

Comment

• DenverBlood
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2005

Pirates of the Caribbean. A little bit better than i expected but as usual with these movies I tend to start zoning out around the 90 minute mark.

Still a quality film if you are watching it on netflix for the first time for free.

No clue why they are signed on for 3 more though. I guess it’s a Hollywood cash cow.
                sigpic

Comment

• HUMCALC
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2011

I just finished all 4 seasons of "The Blacklist"
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• captainbronco
                    Starter
                    • Aug 2008

Started narcos. Pretty good so far

Comment

• DenverBlood
                      Football Immortal
                      • Nov 2005

Finished up the series "Episodes" and started season 3 of OITNB with my wife last night.

Also dying to get started on season 4 of the Black Mirror.
                      sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                        Football Immortal
                        • Nov 2005

Finished season 4 of Black Mirror. Overall a mostly good season. I think I liked season 3 more but still solid.
                        sigpic

Comment

• EddieMac
                          Canuck Mod, eh!
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                          I just finished all 4 seasons of "The Blacklist"
                          Love this series...
                          sigpic

Comment

• HUMCALC
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                            Love this series...
                            It was a lot better than I thought. I only started it to humor my brother, but I got hooked. Now I'm on "Breakout Kings" again. I really enjoy this show
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Peerless
                              Football Immortal
                              • May 2004

The wife and I just binged through the first five episodes of Stranger Things. We would have continued if she didn't have to get up early for work tomorrow. Lucky me am on vacation this week, but I'm being nice and waiting for her.

Comment

• ebsoria
                                Former Mod Of Steel
                                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                                The wife and I just binged through the first five episodes of Stranger Things. We would have continued if she didn't have to get up early for work tomorrow. Lucky me am on vacation this week, but I'm being nice and waiting for her.
                                That is awefully nice!

While you wait, check out Peeky Blinders.
                                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
                                X