Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ouch man. Knew it was coming one day or another but didn't see him leaving like this. Hopefully there's a contingency plan for him to re-sign to a cheap contract.

Champ gave me a new appreciation for the corner position and part of that was a reason I became a defensive backs coach. Thank you for everything you've done for the Broncos, Champ.

Champ

Hate to see you go. I will still wear my #24 jersey with pride.

This is the part of football I don't like. The business side.

I really wanted him to stay.

to Champ.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

A lot of people forget what Champ has done for this team. He could have left after his contract was up after the trade. Did he? NO, he believed in this team long before Peyton Manning came to town. In my opinion, Champ is the reason for our success at the moment. His presence on the field and in the locker room have made us contenders again. Yet we are so quick to drop him after we fell 60 minutes short of a third Lombardi. That man has done more for us than Tebow and Manning combined. Champ, you deserve better than this. I am a lifelong Broncos fan, but I will miss you! Sure he was unhealthy this past season, but wasn't Peyton in 2011? Champ will rise from his ashes like Manning did. He just needs someone to believe in him, like he believed in the Broncos a few short seasons ago.

Thank you Champ!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    This is the part of football I don't like. The business side.

I really wanted him to stay.

to Champ.
    I understand. I hate that the NFL is also a business. It just sucks because he is my favorite player. This would be like if the Avs let Joe Sakic go with one year on his deal because of cap money. This loss will resonate in the locker room and I hope the loss of leadership isn't too hard for the team to handle. This makes the Super Bowl loss sting a little more a month later. If that was even possible. Godspeed to you Champ!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

I'm a sad panda now. I thought for sure he would take a pay cut and stay with us at safety.

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Champ will alway be a favorite. Love his play, and his character.

Hopefully he never puts on another jersey and we next see his walk into the HoF
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Tough, tough, tough. Everyone loves Champ and for good reason. I will admit I am very surprised a deal wasn't worked out at a much reduced rate. Guess each side couldn't agree?

Seems with the players taking to twitter this is it and Denver won't persue after the release.

What's gonna hurt even more is when he signs a cheap contract with a SB contending team. Hopefully that still will be us...

Almost makes me mad. Its a shame that teams can't ride with players to retirement anymore. I understand the reasoning behind the move it just sucks!! If only Champ would of made the move to safety a couple of years ago, things would have been completely different now

I don't post a lot, I haven't posted since the suckbowl. Champ will go down as one of the greatest Broncos to ever play the game. I hate that he couldn't get a ring with us, almost as much as I hate the fact that we haven't gotten a ring in 16 years. I wish he could have negotiated down his contract and gave it a shot at safety. I understand the business, you can't pay a player that much when he only sees the field for 5 games and has clearly lost a few steps over the past few years. That said, I hope when he does retire he does so at least on a 1 day contract to retire a Bronco. Probably my favoriate player, ever.

I'm hoping he's willing to take a discounted rate and stays.

If not.. thank you for everything, Champ.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

This is sad news. I was hoping too he would stay for less $. Kind of makes me even more upset we didn't win a ring for him. I'm with Peanut, I just hate the business side of football.

I'm not going to hate on Champ, and any one who does need to get out the Broncos bandwagon because "us" true fans don't need you guys as part of the fan base.

Aside from that, I understand we need to let him go, because we want to win. (Even tho I wanted him to get a ring so badly, and its business)

Good Bye Champ, Hope you come back for a one day deal before you retire, you will always be a Broncos, and I will remember the great days we had you on our team.
    Last edited by Chronoless; 03-06-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Thanks for the good years, Champ. May you sign a new, discounted contract with a team (hopefully Denver, but I doubt it).
    Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.

How much cap space do we have now after releasing Bailey?