Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    There was a time when we sucked and had problems on and off the field and he deserved better. He didn't leave us, he stuck it out with us rather than go elsewhere and chase a ring. If it truly went down the way it did then I'm sorry Champ, you truly deserved better. You have been a class act and a big part of this team through thick and thin and a big part of what held this team togeteher and helped turn it around imo. You have meant as much or more than any other player on this team and for a lot longer. Thanks for all the good times and for the loyalty when we needed it most. I truly believe you deserved better but all I can say is you will always be a Bronco to me. Thanks for everything and I will be following and rooting for you.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

This really sucks & i never thought it would come to this & never imagined him playing anywhere else.

#24 was my last jersey purchase about 5 years ago because these days nobody sticks around with one team anymore, but champ was different because he has been here for the past 10 years, some good some bad but champ was a true professional & class act through it all.

I really wish they can work something out to bring him back but if not then thanks for the memories champ, you had a heck of a ride & we will all miss you a great deal.

In the worst case scenario, could we resign him to the league minimum?
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

I would think we could re-sign him but I'm not sure how that works. It was time to let him go, unless he really wanted to restructure, move to safety and play as a backup. Sad that it ends this way in Denver but he is still a Hall of Famer and will go in as a Bronco. He's one of my top 3 favorite Broncos of all time and the only Broncos jersey I owned for a long time was a #24.

2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Skylan View Post
    I don't post a lot, I haven't posted since the suckbowl. Champ will go down as one of the greatest Broncos to ever play the game. I hate that he couldn't get a ring with us, almost as much as I hate the fact that we haven't gotten a ring in 16 years. I wish he could have negotiated down his contract and gave it a shot at safety. I understand the business, you can't pay a player that much when he only sees the field for 5 games and has clearly lost a few steps over the past few years. That said, I hope when he does retire he does so at least on a 1 day contract to retire a Bronco. Probably my favoriate player, ever.
    I like the one day contract to retire as a Bronco idea..I didn't want this day to come.

Quote Originally Posted by aditheman View Post
    How much cap space do we have now after releasing Bailey?
    I saw somewhere that said $35 million.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Knew it was coming but still hard to acknowledge. Sad day indeed. Thank you Champ for being a true professional both on and off the field. Truly will go down as one of the best corners ever and did it will class the entire time.
    "Defender of Green Buds"

I wish him all the best

I do not see him coming back. Too many teams need CB's. If he is not scooped up by another AFC West team, then I am thinking he goes back home to Atlanta to play for the Falcons who I read have already expressed an interest.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

This really sucks. I really hate business side of football. I wish he could have retired with us. If not I wish him all the best he will go down one of all-time greats as Bronco and CB.

I would really hope that we bring him back on a 1-year veteran contract to see if he can still play when healthy. Would hate to see him in Oakland/Atlanta/Baltimore/NE... I hope he left on good terms, but it had to be done.

Thank you Mr. Champ Bailey !!!
    You always gave us your best.