Game #64: Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues

Huge huge game this afternoon against the division leading Blues. If I recall we haven't even come close to beating them yet this year.

This game will go a long way to determining who wins the division. If we win we pull within a point but I believe with 1 extra game played.

Blues when and the division is about all wrapped up at least for us not being able to catch them this late. Hawks might still be able to.

Go Avs!!

Looks like the Blues just have our number.

Poop. Best we've played them all year.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Looks like the Blues just have our number.
    Exactly!!!
    If the Av's are going to raise the cup, they need to be able to beat the Blues. If they meet in the postseason, maybe the results will be different.
    I am still enjoying this season though. Great job by Roy to bring the noise back to Denver.

That was quite a game last night between The Avs and my Jets. It was fast and tough, and played the way hockey should be played. I would have preferred a win in OT, but that's the nature of close games. Way more exciting than watching some of those defensive style games!

i kno this thread is from an earlier game but man did the avs show up today what a game! 4-0 on the road without dutchy, mcleod and others v's blues!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    i kno this thread is from an earlier game but man did the avs show up today what a game! 4-0 on the road without dutchy, mcleod and others v's blues!
    I was actually going to do the same thing.

Huge to finally beat them before playoffs. So we do t have that feeling that they are unbeatable.

I wonder how much of it is due to them being in cruise control now?

St. Louis played DIRTY today. SO many crosschecks, Backes punched Mackinnon in the face, dropped his glove and then pinned him to the ice because Shattenkirk cut himself with his own stick when Bordeleau checked him. Blues had 99 PM and the Avs got 68 defending themselves.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones