Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

emmanuel sanders

Unconfirmed...but hes gonna be a broncos according to shefter...love that move

if it happens hope he can stay healthy
    Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Saw this too. Hope it enda up happening.

It's official

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoth View Post
    It's official
    where the link?

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

Great signing, really fast receiver and will fill the #2 spot nicely.

What does Emanual Sanders bring to us?

I know he played for the Steelers but is this an upgrade to Caldwell?
    Last edited by luvdacolts67; 03-15-2014 at 07:08 PM.

I guess it isn't official yet , but it was reported that there was an agreement . Aside from something big I'm assuming that it's pretty much solid

Lol I wonder if his agent is playing rec league hockey

Quote Originally Posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Lol I wonder if his agent is playing rec league hockey
    Go back to your own forum!

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Go back to your own forum!
    What I can't make jokes about unconfirmed signings and the ridiculous antics of agents?

Emanual Sanders was pretty good in Pittsburgh. He's not a number 1 type receiver, but Denver doesn't need that. With what they already have a role player goes a long way. He has some very good speed and quickness, he can make guys miss in open field and he is good as a deep threat.

When you have the core that Denver does, you don't need more #1 receivers. It is much easier to put role players in the situations that utilize their skills when you have a good cast of receivers around you.

I like the signing. It creates competition between Andre, Emanuel, and any prospective draftee for the outside spot that Decker left behind. He can play inside too, though with Welker and JT, might not get a lot of chances. I still hope we draft someone in the #2-3 round, since it's a strong WR draft and still a spot of some need IMO...though much less so now. Guard, LB, and CB have been elevated to a bit higher priority I think.

It is something I had talked about earlier.

Not having the same kind of receiver. Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas and Eric Decker were tall big wideouts only one of whom had any kind of breakaway speed, DT. Having too many of one kind can hurt you against physical CBs that know you cannot run past them. You have to play off a speedy wideout like T.Y. or Mike Wallace or Antonio Brown (shame the Steelers could not keep both Wallace and Brown).

For every smart Wayne underneath that takes the #1 CB, you need a speedy T.Y., so if Sherman takes care of Wayne, you let T.Y. run past Brandon Browner.

Now, with their wideout corp, DT and JT are one kind while Emmanuel Sanders is the other kind that can be a recipient of double moves, something Sherman alluded to that Peyton did not do enough of in the SB. Welker is the continual sneaky slot threat. Decker did not bring the "take your top off" dimension, Emmanuel Sanders does. Plus, once you have 2 wideouts that can threaten to take the top off like DT and Sanders, chances are the run opens up and so will the routes underneath. The underneath of JT and Welker was clogged by the Seahawks, mainly because they rotated one safety towards DT, and had one safety close to the box that they knew could easily recover should Decker catch anything underneath as he wasn't going to threaten them deep. So, that second safety staying close helped them man the slot too.

The real question is, can the OL of the Broncos hold up to take advantage of the mismatches their wideouts can bring to the table? It will be answered in next year's playoffs. For some reason, I am feeling a Colts-Broncos AFCCG in the dome.